Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 04:54:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE NOW HAVE A "GRIN" OR "GROAN" FEATURE UNDER THE KARMA.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Run, Sarah, Run!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Run, Sarah, Run!  (Read 330 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: February 12, 2012, 10:39:26 am »

They want you, they really want you!

If Sarah Palin had been on the ballot for the straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference, there is little doubt she would have won.

The former Alaska governor received far-and-away the most spirited and enthusiastic reception at this convention of about 10,000 conservative activists.

She drew the audience to its feet more than a dozen times during her keynote address on Saturday.

The cheers for Palin were so loud that they drowned out her remarks again and again. Conference organizers had to set up three overflow rooms to accommodate the throngs of supporters eager to hear her words.

“The president says small-town Americans, we bitterly cling to our religion and our guns because we’re just doggone frustrated with his pace of change,” Palin said. “We say, ‘Keep your change. We’ll keep our God, our guns, our Constitution.' ”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/zekejmiller/conservatives-praise-palins-cpac-speech-on-twitte

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:28:50 pm »

Nope, I'm still winning the bet with ekg.
Report Spam   Logged
FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Webmaster Search Windows User
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 12:26:33 pm »

Make new topic if it pleases you but have you heard this nonsense about Jeb Bush being a shoe in at a brokered convention? Why wouldn't the delegates migrate to the one who had the most?
Report Spam   Logged

FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 02:04:38 pm »

http://www.dailypaul.com/213640/cpac-boss-jeb-bush-may-be-nominee-at-brokered-convention

And no, I'm not for Paul. I agree with everything he say's but he never accomplished one thing in congress and has no ability or seeming desire to build a consensus. And my rugged individualist message is none of the above.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 02:44:18 pm »

Make new topic if it pleases you but have you heard this nonsense about Jeb Bush being a shoe in at a brokered convention? Why wouldn't the delegates migrate to the one who had the most?

The most what? Votes? Support? Skeletons in the closet?

The problem with the GOP is there isn't one credible challenger. Well, there was, but he's not in the race anymore. The party has been taken over by teabaggin' morons. It's like they don't want to win...
Report Spam   Logged

FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:14:15 pm »

I thought the tea party was on point until it was usurped by the Koch bro's. Within the context of the existing system, I simply meant that whoever the majority delegate holder is, it would seem like a no brainer to arbitrate them being the winner as opposed to someone like Jeb who hasn't spent any money or done any work to be on the ticket.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: