Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 05:24:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Madison

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Madison  (Read 4765 times)
lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2011, 09:16:54 pm »

Wait.

lilMike...Are you actually saying that Think Progress (whom I rarely use) is full of lies yet are sitting there defending Breitbart's Big Government as the bastion of honesty?

Really?

Sheesh....You'll get along great with Shannon when he gets here.  Tongue

Well I don't think you should say that you rarely use them.  but I'm not sure where Breitbart fits in on this.  The Think Progress article was about  that Mark Williams guy.  I didn't see a reference to Breitbart.

What is the deal with Shannon?  You are acting like he is walking across the entire internet (a long and hazardous journey) and you don't know how long his quest will take.  Hopefully a shorter period of time than 3 Rings movies.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 08:29:16 am »

What is the deal with Shannon?  You are acting like he is walking across the entire internet (a long and hazardous journey) and you don't know how long his quest will take.  Hopefully a shorter period of time than 3 Rings movies.

He keeps promising to join us. Then doesn't. I think he's scared of ekg.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 08:50:22 am »

Next in line. Montana!

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/article/20110221/NEWS01/110221017/Hundreds-gather-protest-public-services-environmental-laws

Hundreds of people from across the state gathered outside the state Capitol Monday to protest what they say are unprecedented GOP attacks on public services and education and laws that protect land, air, water and wildlife.

The Legislature is approaching Thursday’s transmittal deadline, the critical midway point of the session when most nonrevenue bills have to receive a green light in the House or Senate or die.

I can't wait for the next election cycle...
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 12:06:35 pm »

I apologize. My obtuse comparisons of the situation in Madison to the recent upheaval in Egypt were in error.

It's more like Libya?

On Saturday night, when Mother Jones staffers tweeted a report that riot police might soon sweep demonstrators out of the Wisconsin capitol building—something that didn't end up happening—one Twitter user sent out a chilling public response: "Use live ammunition."

From my own Twitter account, I confronted the user, JCCentCom. He tweeted back that the demonstrators were "political enemies" and "thugs" who were "physically threatening legally elected officials." In response to such behavior, he said, "You're damned right I advocate deadly force." He later called me a "typical leftist," adding, "liberals hate police."

Only later did we realize that JCCentCom was a deputy attorney general for the state of Indiana.

As one of 144 attorneys in that office, Jeff Cox has represented the people of his state for 10 years. And for much of that time, it turns out, he's vented similar feelings on Twitter and on his blog, Pro Cynic. In his nonpolitical tweets and blog posts, Cox displays a keen litigator's mind, writing sharply and often wittily on military history and professional basketball. But he evinces contempt for political opponents—from labeling President Obama an "incompetent and treasonous" enemy of the nation to comparing "enviro-Nazis" to Osama bin Laden, likening ex-Labor Secretary Robert Reich and Service Employees International Union members to Nazi "brownshirts" on multiple occasions, and referring to an Indianapolis teen as "a black teenage thug who was (deservedly) beaten up" by local police. A "sensible policy for handling Afghanistan," he offered, could be summed up as: "KILL! KILL! ANNIHILATE!"
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 03:25:37 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 12:41:27 pm »

THIS is fucking hilarious! And very, very telling...(Transcript: http://host.madison.com/wsj/article_531276b6-3f6a-11e0-b288-001cc4c002e0.html)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 06:06:15 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 05:29:41 pm »

The art of Fox News Undoing the news:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/?p=1908

On Fox & Friends, co-host Brian Kilmeade claimed, along with an on-screen graphic, that a recent USA Today/Gallup poll found that  “61 percent” of Americans are in favor of taking away collective bargaining rights from public unions. In fact, Fox aired the results of the poll completely backward: the Gallup poll found that 61 percent of Americans are opposed to taking away collective bargaining rights.

The real poll:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-02-22-poll-public-unions-wisconsin_N.htm

Americans strongly oppose laws taking away the collective bargaining power of public employee unions, according to a new USA TODAY/Gallup Poll. The poll found 61% would oppose a law in their state similar to such a proposal in Wisconsin, compared with 33% who would favor such a law.

Herein lies the problem with BizarroAmerika. The idiots who watch Fox news believe it! Of course, since the source is Media Matters, lilMike would say they're liars and the whole thing is fabricated.  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 05:38:30 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 05:35:05 pm »

I didn't see a reference to Breitbart.

The Breitbart reference was to the supposed twitters from supposed liberals wishing death upon Walker.

This is the type of stuff Shannon was talking about today...

The only thing is...What? Five, six tweets out of the Twitterverse composed of hundreds of millions of people?

I'm not surprised. What is surprising to me is that Breitbart and Big Government (Shannon's source, how credible!) were able to find a few tweets without a hashtag mentioning Walker.

What they did find (those in the video) seem to be students.

I smell a set-up here.... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 08:43:57 pm »

The art of Fox News Undoing the news:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/?p=1908

The real poll:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-02-22-poll-public-unions-wisconsin_N.htm

Herein lies the problem with BizarroAmerika. The idiots who watch Fox news believe it! Of course, since the source is Media Matters, lilMike would say they're liars and the whole thing is fabricated.  Tongue

holy shit..

see this is what I'm talking about.. will Fox go out and let everyone know they fucked up? doubt it, why should they, it served its purpose and now they can move on to something else..

THIS is not something Keith or Rachel would ever do.. and that is the major glaring difference between Fox and MSNBC.. yes, MSNBC gives you the liberal slant, but it's based in fact... Fox just makes shit up and then gives to the conservative slant on that make-believe...

Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 09:11:06 am »

all joking aside, how does this equate that the Dems don't want civility?  I've never understood that.. out of the months and hours of Right-wing hate,threats,racism, and lies being told.. without a single right-winger saying 'boo' about it.. how does a handful of Dem examples of the same thing make the 'right' ok with what they do?

what's been the problem is not just that people are saying this stuff.. it's that the right-wingers and their leaders ignore,endorse,encourage and even join in with it... that's the problem. But show it to a liberal and they condemn it, and that's been the example they've tried to set, only to be mocked like Michelle Obama is being mocked now..

case in point...

The Athens Banner-Herald in Georgia reports that a shocking question was asked at a town hall event held by Rep. Paul Broun (R-Ga.) on Tuesday. According to the article, an audience member asked the congressman, "Who is going to shoot Obama?"

now, does this guy stop the townhall and severely chastise this person for saying such a thing? Does Breitbart put a video of it so Hannity and Palin can condemn all GOP'ers for their lack of civility? Does really anyone on that side of the aisle say anything about this? Or do they just reply the same way this congressman did..

The paper reports that Broun responded to the stunning inquiry as follows:

"The thing is, I know there's a lot of frustration with this president. We're going to have an election next year. Hopefully, we'll elect somebody that's going to be a conservative, limited-government president that will take a smaller, who will sign a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare."

as for the crowd of people? How 'civil' were they? did the boo,gasp, or otherwise react in a horrified manner that a question like this was posed?

uh, no... they roared with laughter..

http://athenscms.com/blogs/2487/

But hey, let's point to a cpl of breitbart found Dems who said something mean on twitter... because that's what is really the issue here, not a room full of towns people and an elected official laughing and ignoring when someone asks "who is going to kill  the president"... Roll Eyes

this is why I say they've reduced themselves to the level of scum. Not a single one will take the initiative to condemn this kind of talk..while taking every ounce of initiative to denounce a slight, no matter how fanciful or minor, deemed to be from the left...

Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 09:22:44 am »

The Athens Banner-Herald in Georgia reports that a shocking question was asked at a town hall event held by Rep. Paul Broun (R-Ga.) on Tuesday. According to the article, an audience member asked the congressman, "Who is going to shoot Obama?"

As a person with a brother, sister-in-law and a nephew living in Georgia, I can verify the fact that the entire population of the state is bonafide fucking loony. All three are died-in-the-wool teabaggers; the SIL not to the extent of the brother and nephew. The nephew, barely, what? 22, barely made it out of high school, has been unemployed more than worked, lives in a condo left to him by his grandmother while drawing UC and food stamps while cleaning his arsenal of guns, and is over the hill bonkers.

After insulting moi on FB, he has joined my brother in the "I don't talk to you" category.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 03:17:18 pm »

case in point...

now, does this guy stop the townhall and severely chastise this person for saying such a thing? Does Breitbart put a video of it so Hannity and Palin can condemn all GOP'ers for their lack of civility? Does really anyone on that side of the aisle say anything about this? Or do they just reply the same way this congressman did..

The paper reports that Broun responded to the stunning inquiry as follows:

"The thing is, I know there's a lot of frustration with this president. We're going to have an election next year. Hopefully, we'll elect somebody that's going to be a conservative, limited-government president that will take a smaller, who will sign a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare."

as for the crowd of people? How 'civil' were they? did the boo,gasp, or otherwise react in a horrified manner that a question like this was posed?

uh, no... they roared with laughter..

http://athenscms.com/blogs/2487/

But hey, let's point to a cpl of breitbart found Dems who said something mean on twitter... because that's what is really the issue here, not a room full of towns people and an elected official laughing and ignoring when someone asks "who is going to kill  the president"... Roll Eyes

this is why I say they've reduced themselves to the level of scum. Not a single one will take the initiative to condemn this kind of talk..while taking every ounce of initiative to denounce a slight, no matter how fanciful or minor, deemed to be from the left...

As usual...The time-delayed response from Broun. Made long after the initial comments and hidden away on a Friday afternoon so nobody would see it:

"Tuesday night at a town hall meeting in Oglethorpe County, Georgia an elderly man asked the abhorrent question, 'Who's going to shoot Obama?' I was stunned by the question and chose not to dignify it with a response; therefore, at that moment I moved on to the next person with a question. After the event, my office took action with the appropriate authorities.

"I deeply regret that this incident happened at all. Furthermore, I condemn all statements -- made in sincerity or jest -- that threaten or suggest the use of violence against the President of the United States or any other public official. Such rhetoric cannot and will not be tolerated."

Wait...

I was stunned by the question and chose not to dignify it with a response

WHY CAN'T THESE ASSHOLES EVER TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH?

The thing is, I know there’s a lot of frustration with this president. We’re going to have an election next year. Hopefully, we’ll elect somebody that’s going to be a conservative, limited-government president that will take a smaller, who will sign a bill to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Sure does sound like a response to me!
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 03:48:29 pm »

As usual...The time-delayed response from Broun. Made long after the initial comments and hidden away on a Friday afternoon so nobody would see it:

Wait...

WHY CAN'T THESE ASSHOLES EVER TELL THE FUCKING TRUTH?

Sure does sound like a response to me!

yeah, I saw that and thought... "really? Now you're going to lie"..

see McCain still gets honor-points from me for calling that old lady out at his rally pre-election.. I don't know that he'd do it again, but I think even he, at that time, saw what Palin was bringing and he wanted to tone it down..  alas, it was not to be, Palin showed America you can be evil, instigate it, condone it, love it and get away with it by lying about your intentions later. When did politics change? when John McCain gave the simple task of the time- honored tradition of the VP being the attack-dog to an imbalanced woman who didn't understand the 'honor-code' or 'moral-code' in that task.. it was like opening the door and letting the bull into the china shop..the bull has no concept of "delicate" so when he does what he does best and crushes the fine china beneath his hoof, he can't understand why the rest of us are up in arms that he's being aloud to roam in Waterford crystal section of the store..

this one will get away with  this as well.. shame.

Report Spam   Logged

44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 06:16:45 pm »

Shep Smith breaks it down on Fox. He will probaly get fired in a week.

Duck feathers.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2011, 10:53:28 am »

holy shit..

see this is what I'm talking about.. will Fox go out and let everyone know they fucked up? doubt it, why should they, it served its purpose and now they can move on to something else..

THIS is not something Keith or Rachel would ever do.. and that is the major glaring difference between Fox and MSNBC.. yes, MSNBC gives you the liberal slant, but it's based in fact... Fox just makes shit up and then gives to the conservative slant on that make-believe...

Guess who said this about the AG who wanted to shoot the Madison protesters?

Interesting. Why is it the protestors have full 100% freedom of speech and this guy doesn't?
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2011, 11:23:43 am »

Guess who said this about the AG who wanted to shoot the Madison protesters?

Jeez... I love how they wrap  themselves around the 1st A and then have fainting spells when a Dem says "Every once and awhile you need to get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary,”

hmmm, the police should use live ammo to get rid of people engaging in their own 1st A right...  vs ....'Every once and awhile it's time to get a little bloody'

oh yeah, I can see the outrage.. I mean an attorney general telling the police to shot and kill peaceful protesters is sooo much more 'adult' and 'civil' ...

I imagine  that had police done just what their state justice department told them to do, or had a lone-nut decided to give his attorney general what he wished for.. Fox would have said it wasn't this AG's fault either.. Roll Eyes

here's what hilarious.. whenever you see a Dem being lambasted by the right for saying the word 'blood' or 'gun' or 'bullet' now.. you see this disclaimer with the piece

<insert Dem name> comments come at a time when there is heightened sensitivity to violent rhetoric in the wake of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords’ (D-Az.) shooting in January.

uh yeah, no the only heightened sensitivity is the GOP is making damn sure they desensitize everyone by  overstating violent rhetoric and then fainting with a fabricated outrage which is only directed towards those on the Left... so that way any violence they cause will dismissed as being just like what the Dems said..

well no, fuck that.. I'll say it again.. you say shit like this AG said.. that police should use live ammo on peaceful protesters and someone actually does? Then you are directly to blame.. I don't give a shit who the shooter was or how bat-shit crazy he was.. you asked for it from someone, anyone.. and you got it... and ya should be run out of town/office/news station for it..
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: