Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 29, 2024, 01:29:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

I Now Pronounce You Sergeants Married Men

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Now Pronounce You Sergeants Married Men  (Read 239 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:27:29 pm »

Military to allow gay marriage at base chapels...watch the conservatives heads EXPLODE!*

(CNSNews.com) – Anticipating the elimination of the military ban on homosexuality, the Office of the Chief of Navy Chaplains has decided that same-sex couples in the Navy will be able to get married in Navy chapels, and that Navy chaplains will be allowed to perform the ceremonies -- if homosexual marriage is legal in the state where the unions are to be performed.

The advisory came in the form of an April 13 memo issued to all chaplains, in which the Chief of Navy Chaplains, Admiral Michael Tidd, said the Chaplain Corps was revising its Tier I training manuals, which had previously indicated that same-sex marriages are not authorized on federal property.

Instead, Tidd called for chaplains to comply with service-wide efforts underway to be more accepting of homosexuality and same-sex marriage as the end of the military policy on homosexuality nears.

Citing "additional legal review" by Navy attorneys, the admiral said the Navy "has concluded that, generally speaking, base facility use is sexual orientation neutral.”

“If the base is located in a state where same-sex marriage is legal, then the base facilities may be used to celebrate the marriage,” the admiral’s directive states.

The admiral’s memo also gives chaplains permission to "marry" homosexual couples – but would not force them to perform ceremines.

“Regarding chaplain participation, consistent with the tenets of his or her religious organization, a chaplain may officiate a same-sex, civil marriage: if it is conducted in accordance with the laws of the state which permits same-sex marriages or union; and if the chaplain is, according to applicable state and local laws, otherwise fully certified to officiate that state’s marriages.”

*I used CNS as a source because this story can only be found on the conservative websites. The rest of the world just doesn't care.

The comments? I wonder what would happen if Michelle Obama said this?

My head is spinning. I want to be proud of America again. I really do.

More...

That would be a desecration of a chapel, and desecration is forbidden. Satanists, for example, are not permitted to desecrate cross, communion, or bibles in military chapels.

Catholics, orthodox, and other Christian chaplain in the lineage of historic Christianity should request separate chapels, and should request of their denominations statements affirming that homosexual marriage inside their buildings would be a desecration.

There will be a bunch of chaplains resigning being forced to resign for standing up for normal moral Christian convictions which are in direct opposition to military policy.
I've repeated this often: Our chaplians will be demoted and even court martialed when they even dare to preach the fundamental thruths that homosexuality is a sin.

heh...check out this guy's name:

ilovesarah2012

It's over - as far as accepting same sex marriage in the military the policy was sealed last Dec when the DEMS and the GOP gave the Obozo the repeal of DADT. Death to both political parties. It could have been filibustered.

Senate Repeals Ban Against Openly Gay Military Personnel
By a vote of 65 to 31, with eight Republicans joining Democrats, the Senate approved and sent to President Obama a repeal of the Clinton-era law, known as “don’t ask, don’t tell,” a policy critics said amounted to government-sanctioned discrimination that treated gay and lesbian troops as second-class citizens.

This is the day I knew I could not longer pray for the right course of action by the USA Government.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: