Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 08:34:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

War In Libya (It's Real Now, Nutty!)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: War In Libya (It's Real Now, Nutty!)  (Read 5247 times)
44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:33:29 am »

If I was a dictator with over 20 years on the job experience, locted in the middle east, I would be quaking in my boots.

It looks like Gaddafi, is going to fight to the finish. I can understand why, because he really has nowhere to go. His kid said in an interview they are not going to be taken over by the Italians or Turks, which I thought was funny. The Italians and Turks have not been in control of the area since prior to WW 1. I guess he was hoping past hatred would rally the people to come together.

Libya, has some oil, but is traditionally very tribal. I could see the country splitting in two if Gaddifi loses control. The thing that I am most worried about is all these countries being taken over by hard core muslims. A conservative religious government, no matter what religion, is typically not a free society.
200 killed.
http://in.news.yahoo.com/unconfirmed-libya-death-toll-reaches-200-protests-continue-20110220-084232-852.html
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:07:16 am by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:41:41 am »

If I was a dictator with over 20 years on the job experience, locted in the middle east, I would be quaking in my boots.

It looks like Gaddafi, is going to fight to the finish. I can understand why, because he really has nowhere to go.

Sure he's got somewhere to go. He's already left!

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/166231.html\\

Libya's Muammar Gaddafi has left his country for Venezuela or Brazil, as protests calling on him to step down have turned violent, a report says.

Government's crackdown on people to put down the protests against Gaddafi's 41-year rule turned out to be counterproductive as demonstrations continued on Sunday.

The repression became bloodier when security forces opened fire on thousands of people gathered to mourn for those killed on Saturday clashes in Benghazi.

EU and US have condemned the suppression of pro-democracy protesters and expressed concern about "disturbing reports and images coming out of Libya."

The rights group Amnesty International has also urged the Libyan government to stop its crackdown on peaceful demonstrations.

Meanwhile, Libyan envoy to the Arab League Abdel Moneim al-Honi and the country's Ambassador to China Hussein Sadeq Al Misurati, have resigned to join the protests.

Al-Honi has submitted his resignation "in protest against the acts of repression and violence against demonstrators."

Al Misurati told Al Jazeera TV that he was not "honored to represent a regime that kills its people."

An opposition leader has said that all tribes across the country have joined the anti-government protests, reports said.

Latest figures show the death toll from clashes in Libya's massive popular uprising is nearing 300.

Report Spam   Logged

44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:58:56 am »

Sure he's got somewhere to go. He's already left!

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/166231.html\\

I was listening to Al Jazeera english feed last nite to get some info on Libya.They are usually the most update  source for any news in that area. They say there are conflicting reports if Gaddafi has left or not. They did mention that he has brought in some mercs, due to some in the army are going on to the side of the protestors. I think Libya is going to get really bloody.
 Here is their latest article for the area.
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/02/2011221133557377576.html

EDIT, posted the wrong link before. Here is the latest from Al Jazeera.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:05:12 am by 44nutman » Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 11:33:00 am »

I was listening to Al Jazeera english feed last nite to get some info on Libya.They are usually the most update  source for any news in that area. They say there are conflicting reports if Gaddafi has left or not. They did mention that he has brought in some mercs, due to some in the army are going on to the side of the protestors. I think Libya is going to get really bloody.
 Here is their latest article for the area.
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/02/2011221133557377576.html

EDIT, posted the wrong link before. Here is the latest from Al Jazeera.

Yeah...I meant to come back and edit my post too. The only places I could find about Daddy G were what I consider spurrious news sources. So whether he's gone or not isn't known yet.
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 08:54:00 pm »

Yeah...I meant to come back and edit my post too. The only places I could find about Daddy G were what I consider spurrious news sources. So whether he's gone or not isn't known yet.

The country is too locked down to get good information out of there.  But I think Khaddafi thinks if he hits back hard enough, he can put a stop to the rebellion.  He may be right, but there will be a lot of dead people before he's through.  I wish the networks would send some drones over there or something.  Openness is what keeps dictator's guns at bay.  But if you think no one is watching...
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:03:37 am »

The country is too locked down to get good information out of there.  But I think Khaddafi thinks if he hits back hard enough, he can put a stop to the rebellion.  He may be right, but there will be a lot of dead people before he's through.  I wish the networks would send some drones over there or something.  Openness is what keeps dictator's guns at bay.  But if you think no one is watching...

Khaddafi may think that, but he's seriously wrong, or crazy. Wait. He is crazy!

There will be bloodshed but he'll be gone within a week, max.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 10:30:43 am »

Wait.

Is it with a "K", "G", or "Q"?
Report Spam   Logged

44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:39:08 pm »

Wait.

Is it with a "K", "G", or "Q"?
I have seen it all 3 ways.
 I had the news on in the office and saw his speech. He looks like he should be playing saxaphone for Kool and the Gang. He is fighting to the end and what a bizarre speech, that is if the translator was correct. If I was the translator I would be tempted just to make some crazy stuff up.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 07:40:44 pm »

I have seen it all 3 ways.
 I had the news on in the office and saw his speech. He looks like he should be playing saxaphone for Kool and the Gang. He is fighting to the end and what a bizarre speech, that is if the translator was correct. If I was the translator I would be tempted just to make some crazy stuff up.

If nuts were given crowns, he'd be wearing his with pride.
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 09:18:31 pm »

Khaddafi may think that, but he's seriously wrong, or crazy. Wait. He is crazy!

There will be bloodshed but he'll be gone within a week, max.

Hopefully.  But tyrants have put down rebellions before.  It's not inevitable that the rebellion will succeed.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 08:24:24 am »

Hopefully.  But tyrants have put down rebellions before.  It's not inevitable that the rebellion will succeed.

Did you see how Richard Engel snuck into Libya. Guy's got some ballz. Speaks Arabic too. His reports are compelling.
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 09:40:12 pm »

Did you see how Richard Engel snuck into Libya. Guy's got some ballz. Speaks Arabic too. His reports are compelling.

We have too few arabic speaking reporters who can get stories like he can.  Usually they hire local stringers who are... untrustworthy.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 09:51:38 pm »

did he really?

Anderson said he wants to go and is trying to find a way in.. he said that right now you can basically just walk in thru Egypt, and he said it with a twinkle is in his eye..

if Engel's there, he'll go next...

he also said it beaucoup dangerous and since he's already had one scrap-up in this mess.. I fear for him if he gets into this mess..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 10:30:07 am »

did he really?

Anderson said he wants to go and is trying to find a way in.. he said that right now you can basically just walk in thru Egypt, and he said it with a twinkle is in his eye..

if Engel's there, he'll go next...

he also said it beaucoup dangerous and since he's already had one scrap-up in this mess.. I fear for him if he gets into this mess..

lol...jb and I were talking about this this morning over coffee (Engel's my latest dork boyfriend). I was laughing that Anderson was so jealous of Engel he actually  twittered gleefully last night that he's made it into Libya.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 10:46:01 pm »

hmmm...

you people....are....

sheep....sheep i tell ya...with blinders on....fucking amazing

following the lead of TPTB...eating right out of their hands...

like hungry lil munchkins...waiting for the next game of three card monty

or will it be shells...i luv shell games...maybe the cups and ball

oh look...a magician...no....thats an illusionist...

no...no...a magician really does tricks....an illusionist only performs tricks....

check please....
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: