Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
April 19, 2024, 05:42:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

I have a brilliant idea

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a brilliant idea  (Read 837 times)
Unk

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 09, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »

And I'll need to hammer it out with the current admin(s).

This is my board. I thought of the concept months ago, a dear friend promptly stepped up and offered to buy me the domains/host.

http://www.tinfoilcrown.com/

I will need to:

A) Get rid of the current spam on the board - in other words, just dump the current database, and

B) Give admin reins to the current admins here. I would of course retain ownership and some form of admin, but I think we're all on the same page here.

Here was my original concept. Smiley The reason for the domain choice was an obvious dig at right-wing nutjobs. SO what I wanted to do was make the bottom of the board the only place they could post. If they could PROVE that they weren't Fox drones, they could come up top and debate. If they started with all the birther, "Oblamo" bullshit, back to "read only up top, fire away in the basement.

Also - and I know we can manage this, through user groups - the basement dwellers wouldn't be able to taunt the well-mannered people, because anybody who wished it could have their access to the basement removed.

I have lots of ideas for how to make this an amazing board, open to all - but those are my primaries.

Thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

reverend_darth
Noob

View Profile
Level 4 One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 02:32:13 pm »

Thoughts?

Who gives a fuck?
Report Spam   Logged
Unk

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 02:47:29 pm »

Everybody not posting in this thread.

Unlike you.

Are you mentally ill? Undiagnosed, perhaps untreated? You don't have to live like this, you know.

I have a friend I would invite to this board - but you're here.

Report Spam   Logged
reverend_darth
Noob

View Profile
Level 4 One year Anniversary 500 Posts
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 05:38:46 pm »

I have a friend I would invite to this board - but you're here.

Like most bitches, if you didn't have a cunt you'd starve to death.  Cock, suck, swallow.  Repeat as necessary to earn your keep.
Report Spam   Logged
Unk

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 05:41:25 pm »

Howey - never mind. Offer rescinded.
Report Spam   Logged
Unk

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 05:44:35 pm »

And I'm gone. This is not a 'safe place'.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2012, 05:56:32 pm »

!
Cock, suck, swallow.  Repeat as necessary to earn your keep.

Ahhh...if only it was that easy...slurp!
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 09:16:47 pm »

And I'll need to hammer it out with the current admin(s).

This is my board. I thought of the concept months ago, a dear friend promptly stepped up and offered to buy me the domains/host.

http://www.tinfoilcrown.com/

I will need to:

A) Get rid of the current spam on the board - in other words, just dump the current database, and

B) Give admin reins to the current admins here. I would of course retain ownership and some form of admin, but I think we're all on the same page here.

Here was my original concept. Smiley The reason for the domain choice was an obvious dig at right-wing nutjobs. SO what I wanted to do was make the bottom of the board the only place they could post. If they could PROVE that they weren't Fox drones, they could come up top and debate. If they started with all the birther, "Oblamo" bullshit, back to "read only up top, fire away in the basement.

Also - and I know we can manage this, through user groups - the basement dwellers wouldn't be able to taunt the well-mannered people, because anybody who wished it could have their access to the basement removed.

I have lots of ideas for how to make this an amazing board, open to all - but those are my primaries.

Thoughts?

It sounds like a good plan..

and speaking for myself only.. I don't know that I could 'admin' another board..

unless I misunderstood what you were saying?
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Unk

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 09:19:39 pm »

I rescinded, no worries.

I'm working with another individual or three on the specifics.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 12:50:33 pm »

I rescinded, no worries.

I'm working with another individual or three on the specifics.

awesome.. I hope you can achieve the utopia you are looking for. .. but be prepared to edit/ban posters who don't exactly fit in with your ideas..

and then be prepared for the blow-back for editing/banning people just because they don't agree with you.. or use words you don't like.

I know that there are many things said on this board and others that not only do I not agree with, but they piss me off. But I'm not going to edit/ban them.. of course when it's a troll, well all's fair imo..

I'm talking about someone using words I might not like.. or making statements I might not agree with..Of course I can edit,delete and ban this stuff.. but then I'm surrounded by sycophants that agree and dote on every word I say..  nah, too boring for me. I enjoy being challenged even if it's by a profanity-laced diatribe..

I wish you luck in your project.. and don't wish you the headaches that come with being 'admin'..You're ultimatly the 'dictator' who is either too lenient, which runs people off.. or too strict, which runs people off..

Take care, it was nice interacting with you.. and thanks again for the 'avatar' idea.. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: