Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 08:52:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE NOW HAVE A "GRIN" OR "GROAN" FEATURE UNDER THE KARMA.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A US ambassador and three others are killed...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A US ambassador and three others are killed...  (Read 3591 times)
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: September 12, 2012, 08:39:04 am »

and Mitt not only makes it 'political'... he has the balls to say President Obama is a sympathizer of the terrorists.. and that he is 'disgraceful'

In a statement Tuesday night, Mitt Romney accused the Obama administration of sympathizing with the Libyan protesters who attacked a consulate in Benghazi, killing the U.S. ambassador and three other American diplomats.

“I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi,” Romney said. “It’s disgraceful that the Obama Administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/09/12/romney-calls-obama-response-to-libya-attacks-disgraceful/

what a fucking chump, eh?..  but it gets even better. After promising not to 'campaign' on 9/11.. Romney went ahead and released his condemnation of Obama.. not for what Obama or the white house released... no, but for what Cairo said the White House said..

But the statement criticized by the Romney campaign came early in the day, before the attacks on the two embassies, and was put out not by the White House, but by the Cairo embassy itself.

The White House later disavowed the statement as not approved by Washington, according to a senior administration official speaking to Politico.

Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt also commented on the statement from the Romney campaign. “We are shocked that, at a time when the United States of America is confronting the tragic death of one of our diplomatic officers in Libya, Governor Romney would choose to launch a political attack,” LaBolt said in a statement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/11/mitt-romney-consulate-attack_n_1875906.html

If Mitt Romney were to pander to sit next to me in a diner, my question would be..

"When Americans were killed this year on 9/11.. what kind of person would use their deaths for not just his own political gains, but as an 'attack ad' against  the President by saying he  backed,was a proponent of, a sympathizer of the fucking terrorists? What kind of American does that?

and to follow up... is it your opinion that the President is working with these terrorists as well? or is he just supporting their murders in secret?"

what a nice guy this Romney is..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 08:44:22 am »

btw... where is Mitt's condolences for the families in that statement..?

oh yeah..

there isn't any.
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:00:58 am »

"@Reince: Obama sympathizes with attackers in Egypt. Sad and pathetic.”

wtf is wrong with this party?
Report Spam   Logged

starla
Probationary

View Profile
Level 3 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 09:20:23 am »

"@Reince: Obama sympathizes with attackers in Egypt. Sad and pathetic.”

wtf is wrong with this party?

I think Reince has been drunk tweeting again.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 10:13:56 am »

If a Muslim group had made a "movie" such as this denegrating our God, the fundamentalists would be storming their embassies and killing their people.

Or burning their churches.

Wait. They already do that.

This is the shit that Terry Jones and the other rabble-rousers are promoting. And we wonder why these fringe groups attacked our embassy?Huh?

Romney is an ass.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 10:18:20 am »

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/obscure-film-mocking-muslim-prophet-sparks-anti-u-s-protests-in-egypt-and-libya/

CAIRO — Protesters angry over an amateurish American-made video denouncing Islam attacked the United States Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, on Tuesday, killing a State Department officer, while Egyptian demonstrators stormed over the fortified walls of the United States Embassy here.

On the 11th anniversary of the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, the assaults were a violent reminder that the changes sweeping the region have hardly dispelled the rage against the United States that still smolders in pockets around the Arab world.

The mobs were set off by Egyptian media reports about a 14-minute trailer for the video, called “Innocence of Muslims,” that was released on the Web. The trailer opens with scenes of Egyptian security forces standing idle as Muslims pillage and burn the homes of Egyptian Christians. Then it cuts to cartoonish scenes depicting the Prophet Muhammad as a child of uncertain parentage, a buffoon, a womanizer, a homosexual, a child molester and a greedy, bloodthirsty thug.

The trailer was uploaded to YouTube by Sam Bacile, whom The Wall Street Journal Web site identified as a 52-year old Israeli-American real estate developer in California. He told the Web site he had raised $5 million from 100 Jewish donors to make the film. “Islam is a cancer,” Mr. Bacile was quoted as saying.

The video gained international attention when a Florida pastor began promoting it along with his own proclamation of Sept. 11 as “International Judge Muhammad Day.”

In a statement on Tuesday, the pastor, Terry Jones of Gainesville, Fla., called the film “an American production, not designed to attack Muslims but to show the destructive ideology of Islam” and said it “further reveals in a satirical fashion the life of Muhammad.”

He said the embassy and consulate attacks illustrated that Muslims “have no tolerance for anything outside of Muhammad” and called Islam “a total deception.”
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 10:23:22 am »

What dumbfuck Romney is criticizing isn't a statement from Obama. It's a statement put out by the Cairo Embassy regarding the 9/11 anniversary and was put out BEFORE any attacks on any embassies. So he's lying again...

For those of you on PF or JPP, make sure this is known...pls.

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/pr091112.html

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 11:06:01 am »

Oh. The acting sucks too.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 01:09:19 pm »

The "apology" Romney refers to was issued SIX HOURS before the attack.

Someone's certainly stepped in some shit now.
Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2012, 01:32:35 pm »

These fuckers won't be happy until we have a full fledged global "whose cock is bigger" war between the respective minions of Yahweh and Allah.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 02:04:46 pm »

The "apology" Romney refers to was issued SIX HOURS before the attack.

Someone's certainly stepped in some shit now.

and it was by the Egyptian ambassador while protestors were massing outside his gates and the gate of the Libyan embassy...

no, he didn't step in.. he jumped in and has stayed there.. when he found out that he fucked up and made his statement even before it was reported and family notified.. in Fl today he doubled down..instead of admitting he fucked up... then no-nuts Romney got big nuts Newt to President Romney would shoot first and let God sort them out..*rollseyes*

In his remarks Wednesday in Florida, Romney said it was "never too early for the United States government to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values."

"I think it is a terrible course for America to stand in apology for our values," Romney said. "That instead when our grounds are being attacked and being breached that the first response of the United States must be outrage at the breach of the sovereignty of our nation. And apology for America's values is never the right course."

The fact that the statement came from the American embassy in Egypt, and not from the president himself, doesn't negate Obama's responsibility, Romney said.

"Their administration spoke. The president takes responsibility not just for the words that come from his mouth but also from his ambassadors, from his administration, from his embassies, from his State Department," the Republican candidate said.

Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker and a surrogate for Romney, also said the Republican's statement was justified.

"Governor Romney's statement is pretty clear," Gingrich said on CNN's "Starting Point." "If Gov. Romney were president he would be enraged at the Egyptians for tolerating the attack on the embassy. Both countries have an obligation to protect our embassies."
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/12/with-attacks-in-middle-east-campaign-turns-to-foreign-policy/?hpt=hp_t2

and btw, I hope the Israeli writer/director of the film that caused all this is pleased with his body count..
Report Spam   Logged

head of joaquin
Tourist

View Profile
Level 2 10 Posts Avatar
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 02:20:56 pm »

Romney broke the 11th commandment about not criticizing a president during a foreign policy crisis.  He's so stupid, he didn't even seem to realize that your actually supposed to let the president handle the matter before politicizing it.

That said, I was kind of taken aback about the comment about respecting religions.  I understand the foreign policy need to say such tripe, but in fact no, the US government doesn't need to respect religious weirdness, not even my own.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 03:33:28 pm »

Romney broke the 11th commandment about not criticizing a president during a foreign policy crisis.  He's so stupid, he didn't even seem to realize that your actually supposed to let the president handle the matter before politicizing it.

That said, I was kind of taken aback about the comment about respecting religions.  I understand the foreign policy need to say such tripe, but in fact no, the US government doesn't need to respect religious weirdness, not even my own.

the 'respect'  comment was made many hours before the Libyan killing..  when there were some protestors outside the Cairo embassy..It was said to help quell any 'real' violence.. since everyone was pissed about an Israeli making the film in the USA.. one where he says Mohammad was a child molesters... I guess like the Catholics priests...

and I don't have a problem with embassy statement.. Undecided

Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 03:52:22 pm »

then no-nuts Romney got big nuts Newt to President Romney would shoot first and let God sort them out..*rollseyes*

Yeah...like Newt's some kind of foreign policy expert.

and btw, I hope the Israeli writer/director of the film that caused all this is pleased with his body count..

He's probably a neocon Zionist. lil Mike's probably creaming in his jeans right now.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2012, 03:56:51 pm »

the US government doesn't need to respect religious weirdness, not even my own.

I'm a little taken aback by that comment, even with your disqualifier.

Who's to say Islam is "religious weirdness"? Certainly not me or you. According to my religion, there's a lot more weird about Christianity, particularly the kind being spewed nowadays, than the religion enjoyed peacefully by billions, not millions, of people worldwide.

Tell that to Koran burner Terry Jones, who's embraced said silly hate-spewed movie above.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: