Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 06:21:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

OMG! IT'S A HABOB!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OMG! IT'S A HABOB!!!  (Read 235 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: March 17, 2014, 07:09:20 pm »

Read and laugh as narrow-minded, bigoted Texans (is that an oxymoron?) freak out over a meteorologists proper use of a middle eastern term describing a dust storm.

A haboob refers specifically to a wall of dust created by cool, dense air blowing away from a thunderstorm or along a cold front, said meteorologist Jerome James.

But it signaled something even more threatening to some of the station’s Facebook fans.

“Never had a haboob until we got that muslim boob for potus,” said viewer Jeff Bertrand, referring to President Barack Obama, who is believed by some of this critics to secretly be a Muslim.

Meteorologists have used the word “haboob” since at least the 1950s, James said.

He said dry conditions in Texas had made the phenomenon, with its distinctive brown skies, more common in recent years.

The English language uses many words with Arabic origins, including cotton, algebra, candy, lemon, alcohol, and sofa.

Good God, people. The normal world would take you more seriously if you weren't such unabashed nutcases.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:08:26 pm »

I was in line at Sear's yesterday and an elderly lady was checking out in front of me.. here is the gist of the conversation she had with the check out girl..

check-out girl(c o g)- "I just need your driver's license"
Old lady (OL)- "here it is, the address is different because I haven't gone down to change it"
c o g- "No problem"
OL -"well, I did go down there but they make you have all these papers now to prove you're 'Merican... huh, I mean look at me, I'm white! I ain't a ferriner...haha, right? I'm white. they can just look at me and tell.."

...... and that's when I walked away.. I was already pissed at the (non) service I had received so far so I was at my limit for the day-LOL.. But God in wish Chuck had been there with his Aussie impersonation to say "I'm white and a Foreigner"..Just to see if she could grasp the meaning.. I don't think she would have though.

Now,granted she was an old lady and they get a pass for their bigotry/idiocy just because they were raised differently and really don't 'get it'.. but she's only saying and thinking what too many on the Right think.. and every now and then some of that seeps out for the rest of us to view and be disgusted by.. this "haboob" story is one of those times...
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: