Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 08:46:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE NOW HAVE A "GRIN" OR "GROAN" FEATURE UNDER THE KARMA.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

HOBBY LOBBY: Say Whaa?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOBBY LOBBY: Say Whaa?  (Read 238 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: April 02, 2014, 10:46:43 am »

More hypocrisy from the right.

Hobby Lobby may ban providing contraceptives to their employees due to "religious reasons", but doesn't mind investing in it!

When Obamacare compelled businesses to include emergency contraception in employee health care plans, Hobby Lobby, a national chain of craft stores, fought the law all the way to the Supreme Court. The Affordable Care Act's contraception mandate, the company's owners argued, forced them to violate their religious beliefs. But while it was suing the government, Hobby Lobby spent millions of dollars on an employee retirement plan that invested in the manufacturers of the same contraceptive products the firm's owners cite in their lawsuit.

Documents filed with the Department of Labor and dated December 2012—three months after the company's owners filed their lawsuit—show that the Hobby Lobby 401(k) employee retirement plan held more than $73 million in mutual funds with investments in companies that produce emergency contraceptive pills, intrauterine devices, and drugs commonly used in abortions. Hobby Lobby makes large matching contributions to this company-sponsored 401(k).

Several of the mutual funds in Hobby Lobby's retirement plan have holdings in companies that manufacture the specific drugs and devices that the Green family, which owns Hobby Lobby, is fighting to keep out of Hobby Lobby's health care policies: the emergency contraceptive pills Plan B and Ella, and copper and hormonal intrauterine devices.

I guess this proves what I was saying all along...Hobby Lobby doesn't give a damn about "religious reasons" for this, that, or anything else. They care about being attention whores.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dougola
Outstanding Citizen

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary Level 4 100 Posts
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 01:07:02 pm »

I don't smoke, but I will invest in the tobacco industry like a fiend.  Then again, I don't preach against smoking or restrict my employees off work activities.  "Integrity" is always found in money, not beliefs
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: