Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
April 20, 2024, 09:11:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

I'm Glad I Never Saw "Hair" On Broadway

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Glad I Never Saw "Hair" On Broadway  (Read 276 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: April 08, 2014, 04:40:03 pm »

God forbid...I should go to see a play and walk out converted to heterosexuality!

Look, South Carolina. I hate to break the news to you. There is no homo cootie. You can't catch homo from watching a fucking play.

On the other hand, you can catch stupid from listening to your homophobic politicians. Beware!

South Carolina lawmakers have pressured an Upstate university into giving up a planned gay-themed presentation.

The cancellation follows a vote weeks ago to cut funds for a program requiring all university students to read a book about the state’s first gay radio show.

Last month, the House voted to cut $17,146 from University of South Carolina Upstate's budget -- the exact cost of the required reading program.  The book required this year, “Out Loud:  The Best of Rainbow Radio,” is a collection of stories shared on South Carolina’s first gay radio show.

"It's just not normal and then you glorify, or it seems to me, that the promotion at USC is a glorification of same sex orientation,” said Republican state Sen. Mike Fair.

Fair said the school took what he calls questionable behavior even further when it booked the show "How to Become a Lesbian in 10 Days or Less."

“That's not an explanation of 'I was born this way.’  It's recruiting,” said Fair.

Fair said that's why during board elections last week he and state Sen. Lee Bright voted against each incumbent USC trustee.

The assistant vice chancellor for USC Upstate communications, Tammy E. Whaley, sent WYFF News 4 this statement:

“The title of ‘How to Become a Lesbian in 10 Days or Less,’ while deliberately provocative, is satirical in nature but has not been received as such. The controversy surrounding this performance has become a distraction to the educational mission of USC Upstate and the overall purpose of the Bodies of Knowledge symposium. As a result, we have canceled this segment of the symposium.”

Here's Rep. Fair(y)

OMG!!! He saw the play!!! HE GOT THE COOTIES!!!

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 04:42:48 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 06:15:57 pm »

And people like him are worried about federal government control? Oi.
Report Spam   Logged
dougola
Outstanding Citizen

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 4 100 Posts
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 06:35:11 pm »

I'd be curious to see what skeletons are in his closet
Report Spam   Logged
paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 09:46:55 pm »

Look, South Carolina. I hate to break the news to you. There is no homo cootie. You can't catch homo from watching a fucking play.

Damn. Then I've been doing it wrong! Gotta be some way to turn gay! lesbians have so much fun! Can't I catch the cooties and switch?

And yeah... love all the "in favor of small govt until it comes to something I don't like and then I'm a big govt ape" conservatives...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: