Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 04:39:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Then and Now

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Then and Now  (Read 3676 times)
lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« on: April 03, 2011, 07:45:08 pm »

"Overwhelming public support"? Based on a lie...

"UN"?

http://www.democracynow.org/2002/10/11/congress_gives_bush_unilateral_power_to

Congress Gives Bush Unilateral Power to Invade Iraq Without UN Approval Or Congress Notice: House Members Dennis Kucinich & Barbara Lee Try to Delay the VoteShare As the Iraqis hunker down for an invasion, the U.S. Congress has voted to give President Bush the power to unilaterally attack Iraq. Just before the House took its roll call vote a protester cried out. Minutes later Congressman Dennis Kucinich of Ohio tried to have the vote delayed by putting forward an amendment to send the resolution back to committee. Several Congress members including California’s Barbara Lee supported him. Kucinich’s amendment was defeated. The House then voted 296-133 to give President Bush the power to unilaterally invade Iraq.

http://www.opednews.com/Poll/Did-Bush-Comply-With-The--by-Gene-Cappa-080809-311.html

Did Bush Comply With "Authorization to Use Military Force"?

I remember somewhere on the muche arguing with Kazzy about argument that Iraq war was an illegal war.

If I remember my position was that it was probably the most "legal" war we had ever been in.  There were several, several UN resolutions against Iraq if they didn't comply with the terms of the cease fire (which authorized force if the terms were not met) at the end of the Gulf War.

Again, Congress authorized a use of force against Iraq.  It authorized nothing against Libya.

That's why Howard Dean is a hypocrite.  Read his 2003 quote again.

Don't get me wrong though, I love him for it!  Damn that Kucinich and his principles!  He would have been a better catch.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: