Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 29, 2024, 06:04:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Then and Now

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Then and Now  (Read 3707 times)
betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 06:51:02 pm »

i like the concept of a videography of then and now...

i think that is the future of expressionism and how much of history will be reviewed and maintained

and referenced by the generation thats in middle school today...

i hope you continue the video version of this thread...and anyone else who might have

great or mediocre examples of a then and now....i had hoped to do something like that

in fafa's section but things didn't quite work out for me over there...so i pushed it by the way side...

and even though this thread is on the small scale of my idea...it gives me hope
Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, 01:21:05 pm »

I found this whilst bopping about and I think it pretty much hits the nail on the head...

"What is it about rap that disturbs people so much? There is more violence on "The Sopprannos­" or "The Godfather" than in a rap song but people love those, they have a cult following. Would a Shakespear­ean tragedy be considered trash if the characters were black? Is there more violence and sex in a rap song than in an episode of "Boardwalk Empire"? Do rap music videos exploit women any more than any James Bond movie ever made or "Entourage­"? There seems to be allowances and acceptance­s for things when your skin is lighter."
Report Spam   Logged
betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2011, 05:12:49 pm »

I found this whilst bopping about and I think it pretty much hits the nail on the head...

"What is it about rap that disturbs people so much? There is more violence on "The Sopprannos­" or "The Godfather" than in a rap song but people love those, they have a cult following. Would a Shakespear­ean tragedy be considered trash if the characters were black? Is there more violence and sex in a rap song than in an episode of "Boardwalk Empire"? Do rap music videos exploit women any more than any James Bond movie ever made or "Entourage­"? There seems to be allowances and acceptance­s for things when your skin is lighter."

so....they are saying....people of darker pigment are more intolerent then lighter skinned peoples...wow
Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 06:01:04 pm »

so....they are saying....people of darker pigment are more intolerent then lighter skinned peoples...wow

Degrees man, degreeeesss Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 06:06:54 pm »

i hate myself now...

my mind was thinking than and my fingers spelled then....

Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 11:14:03 am »

THEN:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a joint statement with Hillary Clinton on Nov 11, 2010:

The Prime Minister and the Secretary agreed on the importance of continuing direct negotiations to achieve our goals. The Secretary reiterated that "the United States believes that through good-faith negotiations, the parties can mutually agree on an outcome which ends the conflict and reconciles the Palestinian goal of an independent and viable state, based on the 1967 lines, with agreed swaps, and the Israeli goal of a Jewish state with secure and recognized borders that reflect subsequent developments and meet Israeli security requirements."

NOW:

Israel's prime minister promised to present his vision for an Israeli-Palestinian peace in a speech before U.S. lawmakers on Tuesday, but vowed his country would not return to mid-1967 borders that he termed "indefensible."

Benjamin Netanyahu made this pledge in an address Monday to thousands of pro-Israel American Jews and U.S. lawmakers. His speech drew roaring cheers and standing ovations, a sign of the powerful backing he enjoys in the U.S. as the White House pressures him to do more to renew stalled Mideast peacemaking.

The warm reception Netanyahu enjoyed at the gala dinner of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee contrasted sharply with the contentious quality of some of his recent exchanges with President Barack Obama precisely over border issues.

His planned address on Tuesday to a joint meeting of Congress, where Israel enjoys strong bipartisan backing, could similarly remind Obama, ahead of his re-election bid, of the political price he might pay if he tries to push Netanyahu too hard.

In that speech, Netanyahu said, he will "outline a vision for a secure Israeli-Palestinian peace."

But in language that suggested he was not going to take a conciliatory pose, he promised to "speak the unvarnished truth."

"This conflict has raged for 100 years because the Palestinians refuse to end it. They refuse to accept a Jewish state."

A peace agreement, he said, must assure Israel's security: "Israel cannot return to the indefensible 1967 borders," he declared, rekindling the dispute with Obama in a possible effort to placate territorial hardliners in his government.

Borders became an issue last week when Obama, in a major Mideast policy speech, took the position that any negotiations on final borders of the Jewish and Palestinian states must be based on the boundaries Israel held in 1967 before capturing east Jerusalem, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip – lands the Palestinians claim for their hoped-for state.

Damn...Ol' Bibi sure takes his orders (or vice versa) from the Republican Party, huh?
Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 12:17:23 pm »

THEN:

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a joint statement with Hillary Clinton on Nov 11, 2010:

NOW:

Damn...Ol' Bibi sure takes his orders (or vice versa) from the Republican Party, huh?

If he views Israel as prophetic (as in biblical), instead of a state...then it makes perfect sense to side/agree with the party that mostly agrees with your religious view.

Or you could just change your mind to make the President look like a chump.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 12:20:18 pm »

Or you could just change your mind to make the President look like a chump.

Winner!
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2011, 12:52:25 pm »

Mitch McConnell Then:

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president…. Our single biggest political goal is to give our nominee for president the maximum opportunity to be successful.”

Mitch McConnell Now:

“Their storyline is that there must be some villain out there who’s keeping this administration from succeeding.”

No shit??
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:54:06 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Rana
New Kid on the Block

View Profile
Level 3 Karma Good Karma
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 02:30:57 pm »

He makes stupid look smart!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print