Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 02:24:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What Can YOU Do To Resuscitate This Place?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Can YOU Do To Resuscitate This Place?  (Read 861 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: February 18, 2015, 12:40:01 pm »

?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dougola
Outstanding Citizen

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 4 100 Posts
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 02:08:43 pm »

If we could find a new "Darth" that would be a start.   Often I will post a reply to a topic and that is it.  The topic is open and still viable, I guess it just gets lost.  I'm not politically interested in anything other than local stuff.  Bitching about a problem that is never going to get fixed is a waste.  The system is broken and I doubt that it will be repaired in my lifetime.  Maybe more Cowbell?
Report Spam   Logged
paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 04:37:18 pm »

More TV shows that we all watch? Then we can argue about them. Um, that is, we can politely discuss them.

When does Game of Thrones start again?
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 05:59:12 pm »

The ppl that watch GOT don't post here anymore.
Report Spam   Logged

dougola
Outstanding Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 08:31:00 pm »

you know if you guys watch some intellectual stuff like "The Bachelor" you have lots more people on here.   Actually I've never seen GOT, though I've heard it's very good.  I try to stay away from serial TV since the life expectancy is so low, that and the last show I got involved in( Lost) turned into a piece of shit that they let 3rd graders write.
Report Spam   Logged
paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 03:24:40 pm »

The ppl that watch GOT don't post here anymore.

Damn.

Post cute cat videos?
Report Spam   Logged
paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 03:26:36 pm »

you know if you guys watch some intellectual stuff like "The Bachelor" you have lots more people on here.   Actually I've never seen GOT, though I've heard it's very good.  I try to stay away from serial TV since the life expectancy is so low, that and the last show I got involved in( Lost) turned into a piece of shit that they let 3rd graders write.

My mom died before she got to see the movie "Cool Runnings"... we rented it, but she died a day or two later and didn't get to watch it. I always thought that really sucked.

Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 01:26:03 pm »

well, I could always flash my ..

but between the gay guy, the other chick, the gimp and doug(who may be married).. I don't know how much traffic it would elicit..  Wink Grin

my main reason for not posting isn't that I'm somewhere else.. or that I don't enjoy it here.. it's time. I have none... 

added into that is the whole 'smartphone'... yeah it's very cool to have one, but I find that it's ease actually gives me less time to do things I used to enjoy like 'posting' or 'web-surfing'..

and then there's the fact that I"m just burnt out on replying to anything.. it doesn't matter if it's something here,huff-po,cnn.. wherever.. I'll read something that interests me, I'll open the 'dialog' link, maybe start a sentence and get a cpl words out and then Wham! I say 'fuck it, who really cares' and delete whatever comment and move on to another topic..  and I blame Obama for that.. Sure, it's not his his fault.. but he's the reason.. and here's why..I'll use Rudy Giuliani's new position as an example..

why does Rudy say Obama hates you,me and America?  Well because he met a communist when he was 9...duh!

blink!

blink!!

blink!!!

what counter argument is there.. what link can I pull out... what logic can I use.. what reply is sufficient enough to make an idiot who spouts that kind of insane,illogical,retarded bullshit..change his mind?  There just isn't anything that can be said to counter that. And for the last 6 years that's the kind of arguments the Right has been having..

see I'm a debater.. I love research, at one time there was nothing I couldn't find online..nothing... I could spend hours researching my argument, the other sides argument, honing my debate-counter-attacks before they were ever made....and then spewing forth slivers of brilliance mixed in with the right amount of retard.. 

I can't debate someone who says Obama hates America because he met a communist when he was 9..

and so while the article interests and infuriates me.. and the replies to the article also infuriate me.. I can't do anything other than close the dialog box and move on because there's nothing I can offer to that kind of discussion..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 02:37:21 am »

Yet you just did.
Report Spam   Logged

dougola
Outstanding Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 02:18:43 pm »

Rudy is so full of himself he has to smell nothing but shit all of the time.  I used to have a little favor for him as I thought he was a real ball buster. Now he's a bloviating bag of ego who doesn't even address the issues, just makes senseless  comments to draw attention to himself.   Yeah, I got married again, but that doesn't mean I won't look at your boobs
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: