Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 08:03:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE NOW HAVE A "GRIN" OR "GROAN" FEATURE UNDER THE KARMA.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Huckabee's "William Ayers"

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Huckabee's "William Ayers"  (Read 3562 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: April 02, 2011, 12:20:23 pm »

Yes, the preacher has his own preacher. A guy far more crazier than anyone could ever arguably accuse the Rev. Jeremiah Wright of being.

And Huckabee, the formerly sane politician, wants us to hear his words:

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/03/31/mike-huckabee-david-barton/

Iowa played host to two right-wing rodeos last weekend, the Conservative Principles Conference and the Rediscover God in America conference. While many of the GOP 2012 presidential hopefuls graced both stages, only at Rediscover God in America did they offer Americans two revealing facts: “America should be governed by biblical law,” and that discredited historian David Barton is a genius.

A former Texas GOP official, David Barton is a “Christian historical revisionist” who contends that “the United States of America is a Christian nation” and the separation of church and state is a “liberal myth.” He is also one of the most radical Tenthers in the country who believes the federal highway system is unconstitutional. So radical was his view that even the Tenth Amendment Center disavowed his federal highway theory.

Though he “holds no advanced degrees and does not teach at any legitimate institution,” Barton is no small figure in conservative politics. He was invited by Fox News host Glenn Beck and Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) to teach as a “scholar” on American history. At the conference, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said that “every time he hears Barton speak, he learns something new.” But Right Wing Watch’s Kyle Mantyla captured the most outrageous endorsement yet. Introduced by Barton, Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-AR) insisted that children need to be “under his tutelage” and said that every American should be forced “at gun point” to “listen to every David Barton message”:

HUCKABEE: I don’t know anyone in America who is a more effective communicator [than David Barton.] I just wish that every single young person in America would be able to be under his tutelage and understand something about who we really are as a nation. I almost wish that there would be something like a simultaneous telecast and all Americans would be forced, forced — at gun point no less — to listen to every David Barton message. And I think our country would be better for it. I wish it’d happen.

Sheesh...this kook makes Wright look downright sane!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:09:48 am by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 03:41:33 pm »

Sheesh...this kook makes Wright look downright sane!

Not quite, but I don't see where this guy is Huck's preacher.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 05:00:01 pm »

Not quite, but I don't see where this guy is Huck's preacher.

really?

wright's followers said every American should be held hostage, at gun point, and forced to listen to his sermons?

cuz, that's pretty fucking crazy.. and would make anything that a follower of Wright would say, sane..

and since a guy who wants to be president is saying this.. it's past fucking crazy and into scary as hell..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 06:25:36 pm »

really?

wright's followers said every American should be held hostage, at gun point, and forced to listen to his sermons?

cuz, that's pretty fucking crazy.. and would make anything that a follower of Wright would say, sane..

and since a guy who wants to be president is saying this.. it's past fucking crazy and into scary as hell..

Here's more...dude's nuttier than a snickers bar.

Not only that, but apparently he's mingled with the KKK crowd and anti-Semites. Hoo boy, take that Mr. Ayers!

http://mediamatters.org/research/201010070002

ADL: "Barton has delivered his revisionist presentation in the meeting halls of the racist and anti-Semitic extreme right." In the 1994 book, The Religious Right: The Assault on Tolerance & Pluralism in America, the Anti-Defamation League wrote that Barton "purveys a slick, cut-and-paste revisionist history of the United States and the Constitution." ADL further stated that Barton spoke at events hosted by the Christian Identity movement, which "asserts that Jews are 'the synagogue of Satan'; that Blacks and other people of color are subhuman; and that northern European whites and their American descendants are the 'chosen people' of scriptural prophesy." From the book:

On at least two occasions, Barton has delivered his revisionist presentation in the meeting halls of the racist and anti-Semitic extreme right. In July 1991, Barton addressed the Colorado summer retreat of Scriptures for America, the Identity Church group headed by firebrand Pete Peters. He was advertised as "a new and special speaker" who would "bring the following messages: America's Godly Heritage -- Was it the plan of our forefathers that America be the melting pot home of various religions and philosophies? ..." Barton's fellow-speakers at the retreat included the virulently anti-Semitic Virginia stockbroker-polemicist Richard Kelly Hoskins; "Bo" Gritz, the 1992 presidential nominee of the far-right Populist Party and a self-described "white separatist"; and Canadian Holocaust-denier Malcolm Ross.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 06:43:31 pm »

Hell, he doesn't want to regulate us mo's, he wants us dead! And he's got a central Florida connection! der...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/26/texas-textbook-massacre-a_n_695788.html

Accidentally addressing a neo-Nazi hate group can happen to even the best of folks. But doing it twice?

Republican primary voters on Tuesday picked Daniel Webster to challenge freshman Rep. Alan Grayson in the Orlando swing district being watched nationally. Webster, in his Orlando Sentinel voter guide, lists David Barton among his prominent endorsers.

Barton has twice addressed white-supremacist organization with ties to neo-Nazis, but both times has done so accidentally, he says. He has also been a leader in the movement to rewrite American history to remove Civil Rights leaders and knock down the wall separating church from state, arguing that it is a myth. He led the recent effort to rewrite Texas textbooks to describe America as a Christian nation.

Barton addressed the Rocky Mountain Bible Retreat of Pastor Pete Peters' Scriptures for America and Kingdom Covenant College in Grants Pass, Oregon, both associated with neo-Nazi ideology. "At the time we were contacted by Pete Peters, we had absolutely no idea that he was 'part of the Nazi movement,'" Barton's assistant wrote later in explaining the speaking gigs. Barton didn't return a HuffPost message left with his assistant and Websters campiagn didn't return calls, either.

"The Religious Right's leading practitioner of this type of historical revisionism is David Barton, who runs an outfit called WallBuilders out of Aledo, Texas," Rob Boston of Americans United for Separation of Church and State has written. "Barton makes a lucrative living traveling the right wing's lecture circuit where he offers up a cut-and-paste version of U.S. history liberally sprinkled with gross distortions and, in some cases, outright factual errors. Crowds of fundamentalist Christians from coast to coast can't get enough of it."

Rev. Randolph Bracy, president of the Orange County NAACP, a nonpartisan civil rights organization, said that when he saw Webster advertising Barton's endorsement, it raised questions. "What does that say about your candidacy? You've got to know better in this day and time. Whether he repudiates it or not, it's his call," he told HuffPost. "You've got to know what kind of person he is. If you don't know, just Google the name and it'll tell you."

Bracy condemned Barton as a Holocaust-denier, an anti-Semite and someone who has called for the death penalty for gay and lesbian people, among other "very crude" positions. "Barton has a long history, a long history of being related to the worst fringes of our society," he said. "Recently, our national office voted to repudiate portions of the Tea Party movement for their racist fringes."

Shit. Jeremiah's looking like a Boy Scout leader!
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 10:49:22 pm »

really?

Is this guy Huckabee's minister?
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 09:18:42 am »

Huh. It's been exactly one year...

Quote from: lil mike on April 04, 2010, 07:17:12 PM
First of all, I’m not a liar.

In a blog of yours, where you implicitly tie in Tea Partiers and Republicans as a violent fringe that threatens real assassinations, threats, and racism, and explicitly addressed me as, if not an actual dangerous extremist myself, as an apologist for them.

A smear, sure, but par for the course, and I responded here:

http://thevsj.com/are-they-trying-to-get-someone-killed#comment-531

Of course the key is I listed all kind of violence, threats, calls for assassination, and vandalism done by your side (and it’s a fairly extensive list -  I didn’t even scratch the surface). 

And I suggested to you that actually, “that there are crazies on both sides and we should stick to the issues.”   A point on which you declined to agree.

Again in another comment:

http://thevsj.com/are-they-trying-to-get-someone-killed#comment-536

I clearly stated that, “I oppose vandalism and threats of violence, regardless of who is doing it. And as a good law and order conservative, the guilty parties should be punished with the full force of the law.

But you guys racked up quiet a history of vandalism, violence, and threats of violence. Did you ever try to do the same? Nope. You were not bothered at all when it was your side committing violence, vandalism, death threats, and of course calls for assasination of the President. ”

Your reply?   “of course the threats were much worse under us than under you..”  and then you proceeded to justify them.  And that leads us to my blog.

So you then you decided to double down on the liar meme and lie that I had made up a quote for you. The idea that I, “removed "anger and distrust" and inserted "violence and hate" you produced a false statement and attributed it to me..”   is totally false.

You lied about it.

The fact that you would lie about something that is so easily verifiable (just read my blog) is frankly rather stunning, I didn’t misquote or alter a quote of yours.  The words were clearly mine.  They were never attributed to you.

The fact that you would totally make that up is what finally had me put two and two together:

You’re fucking nuts.

I mean, really kooky, not just in the way that most girls are, although that plays a part too, but delusional, paranoia type kooky.  But more on that later.

Meanwhile, you are lying about me  “he hates America, he’s Muslim, he wasn’t born here anyway so he’s not a ‘real’ President.. he’s the anti-Christ.
(sadly, Mike agreed with 95% of that description too..and was probably nodding his head saying “yes, he is, Yes he does”)”

So you accuse me of  thinking he’s a muslim, that he is the anti-Christ, and say that I’m a birther.

Ironic for a former birther like youself.  So basically you lied about me.

And now you are lying about me lying about you… oh brother!

Now that I’ve addressed the “lies” let me address the kookiness.

I thought it was bizarre that the crucible that you decided to end our friendship on was over an issue in which I said you were partially right.  In fact, it turned out you were far less than partially correct on that as I had posted:

http://muchedumbre.com/forum/index.php/topic,26574.msg428956.html#msg428956

But for whatever reason, you decided to make that the Waterloo of our friendship.  My response?  OK.

In retrospect, I should have seen this coming.  You’ve been calling me a liar and racist for months.  Now being called a racist is about the worse insult you can make in contemporary America, so why would you say that, unless:

a.   I really posted something that was racist.
b.   You wanted to throw the biggest turd in the punchbowl.

As far as calling me a liar, I finally was able to pin you down and what specifically I had “lied” about and your response?

No I may decide to address them each individually in the future, although there is little reason to do that other than to make you look more foolish than you already do, but the gist, is that a lie for you seems to be something you disagree with. 

That is something I have known about you for years, going all the way back to the “18 words” debates.  If you disagree with something, then it’s a “lie.”

So I guess that’s why I’ve never really gotten all bent out of shape by your constant accusations of lying by me, since you’ve stretched that word so far out of any reasonable definition, that coming from you, it means nothing.

Now, back to you being nuts.

I don’t really have access to your life or whats going on with it, just the slice that you decide to show on the board and blogs, but I had noticed for quite a while, in a political sense you were more angry and bitter since your party has been in power than in the bad old days of “Bushitler.”  That didn’t seem logical to me, but I figured it was just a lefty thing.  But then you basically stopped debating actual policy and just started ad hominem attacks, against all Republicans of course, Tea Partiers, and … me personally.   

But… I hadn’t really done much to affirmatively defend myself.  Now here is where my theorizing begins.  I don’t know if these were your motives, and really I will never know since you will deny it regardless, but it’s well known that bitches crave drama.  You had been calling me out of months, liar, racist, and I had not really sufficiently responded.  Sure I denied them, but with no drama.  I think you had decided months ago to end our friendship, but you wanted it to go out with a bang.  So the personal attacks against me began, to provoke me into some sort of emotionally charged webboard Armageddon.   When those didn’t work, you decided to just pick a point of disagreement, and state that this is it, make it or break it, with our friendship.  The subject you picked?  The Reconcilliation vs Nuclear Option thread:

http://muchedumbre.com/forum/index.php/topic,26574.msg425617.html#msg425617

“now I've got it.. Thank God we can finally get rid of any pretense of a friendship..”

Since you being “partially right” was far to kind, it was a silly line in the sand, but my response?  It wasn’t groveling, an apology or anger or anguish.

It was, OK.

I think that enraged you; that you were being denied the drama you felt that you so richly deserved.   So when I posted my blog, which was after all, a blog that was partially directed at you, you couldn’t contain yourself and ended up posting on the board in multiple occurrences that I had attributed the statement, “Because the violence and hate of the left was justified!”   to you when I had not. 

You lied about that.  And I don’t mean in your everything-I-disagree-with-is-a-lie way, I mean in the actual meaning of the word, you deliberately posted something false, and something that is ridiculously easy to verify (just check out my blog!  http://thevsj.com/some-like-it-hate )

So there you go.  You got what you wanted: drama.  I don’t know if it’s satisfactory for you, but it will have to do.  I suspect you probably were disappointed that there were no tears shed by me for our friendship, but by the time we got to this point, you had just gotten tiring.  I could deal with the anger when you channeled it to interesting points and debate, but when it’s just one ad hominem attack after another… well it’s just exhausting, with no pay off.  I wouldn’t put up with this kind of dreary, depressing, negativity from some girl I was actually banging, so why in the world would I want to put up with it from you?

Your constant negativity and anger is just draining and not enjoyable.  So you got to end this, but frankly, I’m glad you did.  I might have put up with this several more months before doing it myself.

So to summarize, you are a slanderer, a liar, it’s not me, it’s you, and we’re done.

Also you're fucking nuts.

So I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

ok

in the end, you made up a statement and attributed it to me.. and then set conditions that I had to agree to in order for you to correct the record that you made up..

you can say anything you want.. but if I had ever attributed something to you that was not your view point, and you specifically  asked me to retract it.. I never, ever would have set up conditions for you to follow before I would retract it,  and you know it..  but you never ever did.. and when I did(after a list of previous incidences as long, if not longer, than yours btw), you danced around it and gave me a list of conditions I had to agree to before you would correct anything.. I certainly wouldn't have started off with an excuse as to why I lied..like you just did..

First of all, I’m not a liar.

In a blog of yours, where you implicitly tie in Tea Partiers and Republicans as a violent fringe that threatens real assassinations, threats, and racism, and explicitly addressed me as, if not an actual dangerous extremist myself, as an apologist for them.

A smear, sure, but par for the course, and I responded here:

if you did nothing wrong, why the need to excuse it with a list of where you felt you were smeared and just never asked me to amend it..?

while I may be the villain in many places.. this time that role is yours... not mine

Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 11:20:50 am »

Is this guy Huckabee's minister?

I don't know, I wasn't replying to that part..

him:Sheesh...this kook makes Wright look downright sane!

you:Not quite,but

Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 11:56:19 am »

I don't know, I wasn't replying to that part..

Funny how Mike ignores everything said about Barton...only to declare "But he's not really Huckabee's preacher!"

The guy preaches hate out of every orifice, Huckabee tells his people we should all listen to Barton with shotguns pointed at us...but he's not an influence on Huck?

Sheesh...
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 06:55:01 pm »

Funny how Mike ignores everything said about Barton...only to declare "But he's not really Huckabee's preacher!"

The guy preaches hate out of every orifice, Huckabee tells his people we should all listen to Barton with shotguns pointed at us...but he's not an influence on Huck?

Sheesh...

I've never heard of this guy.  But you said that he was Huckabee's preacher.  So the issue of how crazy or how much of a loon he is is not really relevant to Huckabee unless he's Huck's pastor since there are plenty of crazy preachers running around.  If you want to compare him to Wright, and you do since you brought him up, then he has to be someone's preacher.  We would have never talked about Wright in 2008 if he hadn't been Obama's preacher for 20 years.  So show me Huckabee's preacher, or any major candidates preacher, but for this guy, who gives a fuck?
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 07:18:31 pm »

I've never heard of this guy.  But you said that he was Huckabee's preacher.  So the issue of how crazy or how much of a loon he is is not really relevant to Huckabee unless he's Huck's pastor since there are plenty of crazy preachers running around.  If you want to compare him to Wright, and you do since you brought him up, then he has to be someone's preacher.  We would have never talked about Wright in 2008 if he hadn't been Obama's preacher for 20 years.  So show me Huckabee's preacher, or any major candidates preacher, but for this guy, who gives a fuck?

He's a preacher.

Huckabee's in his back pocket.

So, in effect, he's Huckabee's preacher.

When Huck's running around saying we should listen to Barton with a shotgun pointed at us, then...yeah, he's a loon. And so is Huckabee.

Let's concentrate on the man's obvious influence over Huckabee and Huck's resultant influence over millions of people and you'll see how scary this whole thing is.
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 07:35:34 pm »

He's a preacher.

Huckabee's in his back pocket.

So, in effect, he's Huckabee's preacher.

When Huck's running around saying we should listen to Barton with a shotgun pointed at us, then...yeah, he's a loon. And so is Huckabee.

Let's concentrate on the man's obvious influence over Huckabee and Huck's resultant influence over millions of people and you'll see how scary this whole thing is.

The subject line made me think you had a real story.

Further digging shows you don't have anything.
Report Spam   Logged
clc

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:51 pm »

A) Huck totally fucked up and he knew it--it doesn't matter who he was qouting, the outrage doesn't come from WHO he was talking about, but the fact that he said he wished American's would be indoctrinated by gunpoint. Whoopise!

B) David Barton is a well-known evangelical, Christian revisionist. I don't believe he's actually a preacher at all. He's published some bullshit history books, and is influential in the right-wing Christian "USA as a Christian nation" movement, and I believe he's in bed with Glenn Beck in a couple of different ventures. But he's not a preacher.

Basically, Huck is a part of the larger group that really does believe that Christians should be elected only, that separation of church and state wasn't never meant to exist the way it does now, and that it's our destiny as a country to become an evangelical Christian nation. He voiced what a lot of people believe, but Barton is not, in any way, his preacher---no more than Beck is someone's preacher.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 07:51:53 pm »

The subject line made me think you had a real story.

Further digging shows you don't have anything.

Aside from the fact that I probably should have put quotes around "Preacher", there's still plenty of story to investigate.

You were, if I remember correctly, wary of how many years the relationship between Obama and Wright lasted. Apparently the relationship, nee' friendship, between Huckabee and Barton is nearly as long.

Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 07:59:55 pm »

You were, if I remember correctly, wary of how many years the relationship between Obama and Wright lasted. Apparently the relationship, nee' friendship, between Huckabee and Barton is nearly as long.

preacher for 20 years

yup.

A) Huck totally fucked up and he knew it--it doesn't matter who he was qouting, the outrage doesn't come from WHO he was talking about, but the fact that he said he wished American's would be indoctrinated by gunpoint. Whoopise!

B) David Barton is a well-known evangelical, Christian revisionist. I don't believe he's actually a preacher at all.

He is a pastor.

http://www.sojournchurch.org/message-archive/other-speakers/david-barton
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: