Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 29, 2024, 04:30:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Trump just went full asshole...you never go full asshole.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump just went full asshole...you never go full asshole.  (Read 470 times)
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« on: July 18, 2015, 01:19:28 pm »

Donald Trump today took lots of shots at John McCain, including––most shockingly––the fact that he was a prisoner of war while serving in Vietnam.

Trump’s been feuding with McCain after McCain said Trump is “firing up the crazies” with his outlandish rhetoric, and Trump fired back by calling McCain a “dummy.”

Trump sat down on stage with pollster Frank Luntz at the Family Leadership Summit and continued to fire back at McCain (while still bragging about the crowd he drew because that’s his modus operandi).

At one point, he said he supported McCain in 2008, but doesn’t like him very much now. Luntz pointed out that McCain’s a war hero, and that’s when Trump said this:

“He’s a war hero ’cause he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.”

Holy shit.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 03:20:09 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen your 2016 Republican nominee!
Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 04:30:46 pm »

Ladies and Gentlemen your 2016 Republican nominee!

Good Gawd Almighty.

You should see the people actually defending this. It's surreal.
Report Spam   Logged
dougola
Outstanding Citizen

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 4 100 Posts
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 06:54:49 pm »

Donald Trump is an Asshole of the first order.  I am convinced that he lives in a dream world
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 07:58:19 pm »

Good Gawd Almighty.

Oh. I've seen them. Trust me.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 08:03:47 pm »

If you were to back here or on the much years ago you'll see that I predicted this. The right wing of Amerika has gone absolutely totally bonkers. Just because a buhlack man was elected president.

That's why, contrary to what they want,  we're entering a new Era of progressive liberalism like never before.

Or this nation will die.
Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 10:00:29 pm »

Donald Trump is an Asshole of the first order.  I am convinced that he lives in a dream world

Not sure how much he's worth, but I know he's both worth enough and narcissistic enough not to care. He will always have people kissing his ass and he will always have people he can order around. I doubt he loses one ounce of sleep over what others think or how he portrays himself.

He could have taken McCain to task over many issues, without disparaging him as a POW who's a loser for being captured. It's fucked up...but it goes to a whole other level of fucked up watching his supporters spin and defend him.

Asshole of the First Order is a very fitting moniker.
Report Spam   Logged
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 10:04:17 pm »

If you were to back here or on the much years ago you'll see that I predicted this. The right wing of Amerika has gone absolutely totally bonkers. Just because a buhlack man was elected president.

That's why, contrary to what they want,  we're entering a new Era of progressive liberalism like never before.

Or this nation will die.

There does seem some credence to the assertion. I've seen hotly contested political divide before. Clinton got raked over the coals for lying about a BJ, as if he'd committed high treason. Bush got his good dose over the Iraq war and torture. But this is a whole new level of frenzy and vitriol...it's crazy.
Report Spam   Logged
paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 10:07:21 pm »

Good Gawd Almighty.

PEOPLE ARE DEFENDING THIS???

wow.

I still think Jeb Bush somehow got Trump into the race to make Bush look rational.

But keep on going, Trump. Really. He's only saying what many republicans secretly feel. Get it out in the open, so the party is exposed.

Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 12:21:16 pm »

Donald Trump today took lots of shots at John McCain, including––most shockingly––the fact that he was a prisoner of war while serving in Vietnam.

Trump’s been feuding with McCain after McCain said Trump is “firing up the crazies” with his outlandish rhetoric, and Trump fired back by calling McCain a “dummy.”

Trump sat down on stage with pollster Frank Luntz at the Family Leadership Summit and continued to fire back at McCain (while still bragging about the crowd he drew because that’s his modus operandi).

At one point, he said he supported McCain in 2008, but doesn’t like him very much now. Luntz pointed out that McCain’s a war hero, and that’s when Trump said this:

“He’s a war hero ’cause he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured.”

Holy shit.

I literally, with shocked intake of breath and all, gasped when I read that last night... and then I got really really sad.. because I don't want him to flame out before the debate next month.. hell I don't want him to flame out until he gets the nomination next summer.. but with that comment I thought for sure that was it.. a fun ride while it lasted... LOL, but yes the fact that he's still being excused for the horrific comment (and while I don't like McCain-anyone who went thru what he went thru deserves respect)..simply warms my cockles... Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 12:33:26 pm »

Or this nation will die.

I agree... that is what's at war right now but not enough people are paying enough attention. The GOP higher ups are tho. which is why they've gerrymandered a lock on their elections.. it's why more people voted democrat in the mid-terms but Rep still won the majority, it's why Scott Walker et al keep killing off unions.. unions are a big part of national Dem power w/o them Dems are in trouble and so are the 'working' class (altho they don't know it and have been led to believe unions do nothing for the everyday man..)..all the seemingly unrelated occurrences are being put in place to elicit nationwide victory for a new kind of evil that's ruling the GOP.. an evil religious based,business monopoly that cares only for itself and it's own opinions factual or not ...

if allowed to continue.. it outlook is verra grim..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2015, 05:46:46 pm »

Ain't gonna be no gerrymandering in Floriduh!
Report Spam   Logged

Statistikhengst
Expats!
New Kid on the Block

Carpe Diem!

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 09:09:33 pm »

Hi uselesslegs,

I like to call these moment "Trumpian Neutron Bombs".

Cheesy

And he has many more to drop.

For sites like the Onion and for pundits and stand up comedians, this is like a dream come true.

Too bad it cheapens our politics along the way...

BTW, nice thread.
Report Spam   Logged

Inter enim silent leges!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: