Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
April 18, 2024, 09:27:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The NOLA shooter was a RW Talkshow advocate, member of Tea Party Nation

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The NOLA shooter was a RW Talkshow advocate, member of Tea Party Nation  (Read 603 times)
Statistikhengst
Expats!
New Kid on the Block

Carpe Diem!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« on: July 25, 2015, 01:47:05 pm »

Yeah, I have several gamer friends I Skype with overseas. Australia, Germany, Sweden, Brazil, Japan, couple of Canadians...and when talks turn to the US occasionally, especially politics, my butthole tightens a little, haha. Because I know when they ask me, "So, is it really true such and such happened?" "Did they really try to pass, blah-blah." "Do some of your politicians really believe evolution is a lie/earth is 6,000 years old?" I just sigh a little and bemoan..."Yes." The reactions range from disbelief (I mean literally, questioning, doesn't register disbelief) to mocking laughs, to actual gasps...siiiggghh.

I tell them I'm liberal/progressive and have centrist views on some things. I've explained what that means as far as US party ideology is concerned so they can contrast it with their similar counter parts. And I try to be as honest as possible, without putting my own ideological spin on it. Which is harder than I thought, but I do my best.

The overall consensus seems to be...we're stupid, lol.

I do hope your butthole is surviving these harrowing ordeals!!!

Grin

Most of my German and French friends and colleagues think that American politics are about at batshit crazy as it can get without killing the bat and drinking it's blood whilst singing the Star Spangled Banner, half drunk, or so....

But the love US, the people.
Report Spam   Logged

Inter enim silent leges!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: