Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 29, 2024, 07:45:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The NOLA shooter was a RW Talkshow advocate, member of Tea Party Nation

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The NOLA shooter was a RW Talkshow advocate, member of Tea Party Nation  (Read 593 times)
Statistikhengst
Expats!
New Kid on the Block

Carpe Diem!

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary
« on: July 24, 2015, 11:24:59 am »

Who is John Russell Houser What we know about the Lafayette theater shooter NOLA.com

John Russell Houser, 59, from Phenix City, AL, described as a "drifter"

At his linked in page, he claimed to be active in Conservative Talk Radio.

He was also a member of the Tea Party Nation:

John Russell Houser s Page - Tea Party Nation

Even gateway pundit is willing to admit this:

Lafayette Shooter ID d John Russell Houser from Alabama - Conservative Radio Guest Tea Party Supporter Fringe Activist - The Gateway Pundit

And indeed, he went under the name "Rusty Houser" at PF.

There is also a "Rusty Houser" listed as a USMB member:

Rusty Houser US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Also, here is a write-up about his online life:

The Bitter Online Life Of Lafayette Theater Shooter John Russel Houser

*edited by ekg to fix links*
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:57:06 am by ekg » Report Spam   Logged

Inter enim silent leges!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 12:00:22 pm »

the PF and USMB link doesn't surprise me.. both of the place harbor and even encourage extremism... it was only a matter of time before a member lost his mind and went on a rampage..

thanks for the info
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 12:46:08 pm »

So tragic. Just F'in horrible.

So many people, have so many guns they shouldn't even possess. I'll wait for confirmation and more reliable sources, but word on the street is this guy had been previously denied a conceal carry as far back as 2006, because of mental issues. If true, it's just maddening that getting a gun in this country is so easy.

I think people need to push back and push back hard against the NRA lobby, and start calling it Criminal Gun Control, instead of Gun Control. It should be as difficult as humanly possible for a criminal or unstable person to obtain a firearm...it just should. It's just friggin common sense.
Report Spam   Logged
paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 04:06:29 pm »

If he was muslim, we'd hear screaming about terrorists. But because he's a white terrorist, it's just "sad".

Report Spam   Logged
Statistikhengst
Expats!
New Kid on the Block

Carpe Diem!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 05:07:04 pm »

If he was muslim, we'd hear screaming about terrorists. But because he's a white terrorist, it's just "sad".

Indeed, the Right is very quiet today, well, in a Michelle Malkin angry as fuck with the clenched jaw kind of quiet, you  know...

(Is it ok to swear hear, or will people start clutching their pearls??)

#pearlclutchingisso1912
Report Spam   Logged

Inter enim silent leges!
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 05:13:14 pm »

Indeed, the Right is very quiet today, well, in a Michelle Malkin angry as fuck with the clenched jaw kind of quiet, you  know...

(Is it ok to swear hear, or will people start clutching their pearls??)

#pearlclutchingisso1912

Fuck no.
Report Spam   Logged
Statistikhengst
Expats!
New Kid on the Block

Carpe Diem!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 05:19:35 pm »

Fuck no.

Well, I'm fucking delighted to fucking know that.

Tell me, is the font size automatically so small, or am I just getting old.....Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Inter enim silent leges!
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 05:58:38 pm »

the PF and USMB link doesn't surprise me.. both of the place harbor and even encourage extremism... it was only a matter of time before a member lost his mind and went on a rampage..

thanks for the info

Isn't lilMike on PF?

And I was wondering when one of these nutcases would show up on a forum. Apparently there was one on tPF a while back. Paddy may know more about him.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 06:03:08 pm »

Huh. Could be one of many on tPF.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/louisiana-gunman-is-said-to-like-hitler-and-hate-liberals/ar-AAdqqg0

The gunman who killed two women and wounded nine people in a theater here Thursday night had a history of mental illness and financial trouble, officials said, and reportedly vented hatred of liberals and the government online, predicting the collapse of the United States.

The police identified the gunman as John Russell Houser, 59, of Phenix City, Ala. On Twitter, on antigovernment discussion boards, and on other forums online, a person using that name and the name Rusty Houser praised the Westboro Baptist Church, which has drawn ire for demonstrating against gays at military funerals; Timothy J. McVeigh, who bombed a government building in Oklahoma City in 1995, killing 168, and even Adolf Hitler.
Report Spam   Logged

paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 06:58:41 pm »

Well, I'm fucking delighted to fucking know that.

Tell me, is the font size automatically so small, or am I just getting old.....Huh?

I sometimes use the size command to up it to 11 points (like in this point). Wish we could default to that size, but Howey says I'm yelling at him when I do it...(smile) He must have lots better eyesight than me.
Report Spam   Logged
paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 06:59:37 pm »

Yeah. there are a lot there and on JPP who seem willing to kill a lot of people. Wouldn't be surprised if they snapped.
Report Spam   Logged
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 10:29:45 pm »

There can't be the constant barrage of hateful, conspiratorial, divisive, the sky is falling speech, without consequence at some point. It's just how human beings/psyches work. Giving substance to already agitated, sociopathic or mentally ill peoples tenuous and fearful realities, with the constant beating of apocalyptic drums, rationalizing their ever growing paranoia as vigilance, that only deceivers or the brainwashed would attempt to dissuade them from...does no one any good. Boogeymen around every corner.

Ekg and I (and I believe Howey) called this a long time ago. There are those out there, with power and position with a voice loud enough, who would rather see this country burn to the ground, than have any positive policy, agenda or legacy be attributed to this President. I believe making Dems look bad (which is par for the political course of the opposition) has been secondary, maybe even third to the concerted and non-stop efforts to make sure this President is deemed a pariah and failure in history.

They want his one and only accomplishment, to be his election as the first black President, kind of like a Showing Up award. But it's not really an accomplishment *wink-wink*, but rather a statement about how the Presidency, in the hands of a black man, brought the office disgrace and shame. How it failed the country. They claim his twice election is proof that racism, REAL racism is all but dead...but can we please, now that all the progress has been puked all over and entertained for the children, get back to business as usual and get this country back on track with an actual leader. One, shall we say, that knows and earned his place...instead of one who didn't.

HOOFA!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Statistikhengst
Expats!
New Kid on the Block

Carpe Diem!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 02:47:51 am »

There can't be the constant barrage of hateful, conspiratorial, divisive, the sky is falling speech, without consequence at some point. It's just how human beings/psyches work. Giving substance to already agitated, sociopathic or mentally ill peoples tenuous and fearful realities, with the constant beating of apocalyptic drums, rationalizing their ever growing paranoia as vigilance, that only deceivers or the brainwashed would attempt to dissuade them from...does no one any good. Boogeymen around every corner.

Ekg and I (and I believe Howey) called this a long time ago. There are those out there, with power and position with a voice loud enough, who would rather see this country burn to the ground, than have any positive policy, agenda or legacy be attributed to this President. I believe making Dems look bad (which is par for the political course of the opposition) has been secondary, maybe even third to the concerted and non-stop efforts to make sure this President is deemed a pariah and failure in history.

They want his one and only accomplishment, to be his election as the first black President, kind of like a Showing Up award. But it's not really an accomplishment *wink-wink*, but rather a statement about how the Presidency, in the hands of a black man, brought the office disgrace and shame. How it failed the country. They claim his twice election is proof that racism, REAL racism is all but dead...but can we please, now that all the progress has been puked all over and entertained for the children, get back to business as usual and get this country back on track with an actual leader. One, shall we say, that knows and earned his place...instead of one who didn't.

HOOFA!!!

Yepp. Never saw so much raw ugliness in my life.

Just for the record, I'm an American, but I live in Germany, so when I do get home, the changes that you all may not notice so much - because they happened so slowly, hit me squarely in the face. It's like a big culture shock, especially since 2011.
Report Spam   Logged

Inter enim silent leges!
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 01:28:28 pm »

Yepp. Never saw so much raw ugliness in my life.

Just for the record, I'm an American, but I live in Germany, so when I do get home, the changes that you all may not notice so much - because they happened so slowly, hit me squarely in the face. It's like a big culture shock, especially since 2011.

Yeah, I have several gamer friends I Skype with overseas. Australia, Germany, Sweden, Brazil, Japan, couple of Canadians...and when talks turn to the US occasionally, especially politics, my butthole tightens a little, haha. Because I know when they ask me, "So, is it really true such and such happened?" "Did they really try to pass, blah-blah." "Do some of your politicians really believe evolution is a lie/earth is 6,000 years old?" I just sigh a little and bemoan..."Yes." The reactions range from disbelief (I mean literally, questioning, doesn't register disbelief) to mocking laughs, to actual gasps...siiiggghh.

I tell them I'm liberal/progressive and have centrist views on some things. I've explained what that means as far as US party ideology is concerned so they can contrast it with their similar counter parts. And I try to be as honest as possible, without putting my own ideological spin on it. Which is harder than I thought, but I do my best.

The overall consensus seems to be...we're stupid, lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Statistikhengst
Expats!
New Kid on the Block

Carpe Diem!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2015, 01:47:05 pm »

Yeah, I have several gamer friends I Skype with overseas. Australia, Germany, Sweden, Brazil, Japan, couple of Canadians...and when talks turn to the US occasionally, especially politics, my butthole tightens a little, haha. Because I know when they ask me, "So, is it really true such and such happened?" "Did they really try to pass, blah-blah." "Do some of your politicians really believe evolution is a lie/earth is 6,000 years old?" I just sigh a little and bemoan..."Yes." The reactions range from disbelief (I mean literally, questioning, doesn't register disbelief) to mocking laughs, to actual gasps...siiiggghh.

I tell them I'm liberal/progressive and have centrist views on some things. I've explained what that means as far as US party ideology is concerned so they can contrast it with their similar counter parts. And I try to be as honest as possible, without putting my own ideological spin on it. Which is harder than I thought, but I do my best.

The overall consensus seems to be...we're stupid, lol.

I do hope your butthole is surviving these harrowing ordeals!!!

Grin

Most of my German and French friends and colleagues think that American politics are about at batshit crazy as it can get without killing the bat and drinking it's blood whilst singing the Star Spangled Banner, half drunk, or so....

But the love US, the people.
Report Spam   Logged

Inter enim silent leges!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: