Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
April 18, 2024, 08:06:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE NOW HAVE A "GRIN" OR "GROAN" FEATURE UNDER THE KARMA.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Will This Be Trump's Downfall?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will This Be Trump's Downfall?  (Read 350 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: January 27, 2016, 06:24:09 pm »

What's the real reason Trump won't be at tomorrow night's debate?

I find it hard to believe that the man who takes pride in hoisting himself upon the bully pulpit (in more ways than one) cowers before a pretty blond from FOX News. Does anyone really think he'll pass up yet another chance to be front and center before his admirers?

Is this another mere attempt to manipulate the conservative news via bullying?

Three predictions:

a. Trump will be at the debate tomorrow night.

b. When he does show up, he'll have yet another blustering braggadocio claim that he won some kind of battle, thus proving his "ability" to be president.

c. Watch O'Reilly tonight. It's the perfect chance to accomplish a. and b. above.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 08:59:54 am »

What's the real reason Trump won't be at tomorrow night's debate?

I find it hard to believe that the man who takes pride in hoisting himself upon the bully pulpit (in more ways than one) cowers before a pretty blond from FOX News. Does anyone really think he'll pass up yet another chance to be front and center before his admirers?

Is this another mere attempt to manipulate the conservative news via bullying?

Three predictions:

a. Trump will be at the debate tomorrow night.

b. When he does show up, he'll have yet another blustering braggadocio claim that he won some kind of battle, thus proving his "ability" to be president.

c. Watch O'Reilly tonight. It's the perfect chance to accomplish a. and b. above.

I don't know if anything will turn the Trumpets off of Trump. No matter what he says or does they applaud.

There was one of them on FB talking about this being a brilliant sales technique, especially with the wounded warriors fundraiser. I said if he really cared about veterans, he wouldn't be holding the fundraiser at the same time at the debate. The Trumpet bristled and said "he has donated millions to that charity for the last 10 years. You love to assume to the worst in people who you disagree with politically. That's sad"

So I did a little google'ing - Trump has NOT supported the vets by anything near that amount.

According to Forbes, "The Donald J. Trump Foundation has donated $5.5 million to 298 charities between 2009 and 2013 (the most recent year available), according to the non-profit’s 990 tax forms from those years. Of that, only $57,000 has been donated to seven organizations that directly benefit military veterans or their families, Forbes found. Wounded Warriors was not among the organizations Trump’s foundation gave to in that time period."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilycanal/2015/12/03/donald-trump-veterans/#2c3807ae6c9e

I personally plan to have the debate on. I hope the ratings are as high without him as with him.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 12:03:48 pm »

They're not "Trumpers",  they're Trumpeteers.

lol...now the teabaggers are calling that an insult too.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 12:05:05 pm »

They're not "Trumpers",  they're Trumpeteers.

lol...now the teabaggers are calling that an insult too.

Hah!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rusty+trumpet
Report Spam   Logged

paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 08:11:44 pm »

Funny!

I would think that being a Trump supporter is inherently an insult!

I had someone call me a "trumpet" on a particular FB forum - which was usually a civil one - because I told someone that their calling Trump "Donald Hitler" was inappropriate for that site and didn't do anything to advance their argument. I got jumped on as a "trump supporter" just because I called for civility. I "unliked" that site...

Anyway, that's why I used Trumpet. But Trumpeteer works.
Report Spam   Logged
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 03:44:10 pm »

It wouldn't matter if he brought a pony on stage and beat it with a bat at this point.

He's been given full permission by his supporters to do as he pleases. They will not be swayed. The level of atrocious that would have to surface to blow it all up would probably have to be outright illegal or ghastly...and even then, who knows. He's embodying, for them, every frustration, anger and fear both real and imagined in a gigantic Fuck You to everything that is Washington and it's politicians. But another big motivator (my personal opinion) is that of children watching in their mind a glorious pay back for every perceived wrong, no matter what form that takes. They could give two shits that the method or means causes harm, they just know they're feeling satisfied and somehow vindicated.

I still don't think he wants to be President, regardless of his narcissism and ego...and I suspect some of his supporters have that feeling as well, but they're going to ride this puppy as long as it lasts anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: