Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 10:18:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE NOW HAVE A "GRIN" OR "GROAN" FEATURE UNDER THE KARMA.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Trump Selects White Separatist As Calif. Delegate

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trump Selects White Separatist As Calif. Delegate  (Read 228 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: May 10, 2016, 06:20:46 pm »

On Monday evening, California's secretary of state published a list of delegates chosen by the Trump campaign for the upcoming Republican presidential primary in the state. Trump's slate includes William Johnson, one of the country's most prominent white nationalists.

Johnson leads the American Freedom Party, a group that "exists to represent the political interests of White Americans" and aims to preserve "the customs and heritage of the European American people." The AFP has never elected a candidate of its own and possesses at most a few thousand members, but it is "arguably the most important white nationalist group in the country," according to Mark Potok, a senior fellow for the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC), which tracks hate groups.

Johnson got the news that he had been selected by Trump in a congratulatory email sent to him by the campaign's California delegate coordinator, Katie Lagomarsino. "I just hope to show how I can be mainstream and have these views," Johnson tells Mother Jones. "I can be a white nationalist and be a strong supporter of Donald Trump and be a good example to everybody."

Trump Selects a White Nationalist Leader as a Delegate in California | Mother Jones

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 06:52:28 pm »

Apparently he has now resigned; I love the whole "database error". because they don't know who this guy is who did robo calls for them? give me a break

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-nominates-then-dumps-white-supremacist-as-a-gop-convention-delegate/2016/05/11/20281480-17a1-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

Based on the article, the guy is a total douchebag
Report Spam   Logged
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 10:32:16 pm »

Apparently he has now resigned; I love the whole "database error". because they don't know who this guy is who did robo calls for them? give me a break

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-nominates-then-dumps-white-supremacist-as-a-gop-convention-delegate/2016/05/11/20281480-17a1-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

Yeah, it's a little hard to believe that slipped through the cracks. I mean shit does happen, but for as much BS as Trump gets himself involved in, you'd think his people would be a bit extra cautious in vetting.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 10:33:26 pm »

Nope. He's still in there.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: