Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
April 16, 2024, 04:55:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Straight Woman Accosted At Wal-Mart

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Straight Woman Accosted At Wal-Mart  (Read 293 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: May 17, 2016, 05:23:20 pm »

For trying to enter the women's room.

Feeling the sting of a very specific kind of hatred just one time was enough for Aimee Toms to lose her cool.

The 22-year-old Connecticut woman delivered a scathing condemnation to transphobic Americans after she says she was accosted in a women’s Walmart bathroom after apparently being mistaken as transgender.

Toms, who said her pixie haircut was covered by a baseball cap at the time, claims she was washing her hands inside of the Danbury store Friday when a woman approached her saying, “you are not supposed to be here, you need to leave.”

“At first, I was like, does she think that I work at a different store and I shouldn’t be in this bathroom?” she recalled in an eight-minute video posted to Facebook. “So I said, ‘yes I do.’ And then she flipped me off and she’s like, ‘you’re disgusting’ and she storms out.”

Toms said it took her a moment to register exactly what she had just experienced. Then it dawned on her, with transgender-friendly bathrooms being a national hot topic after North Carolina made it illegal for individuals to use restrooms that don’t match the gender they were assigned at birth. The Obama administration has since filed a lawsuit against the state and its law, which it has called “state-sponsored discrimination.”

“I can get why at first glance she would mistake me as transgender,” Toms said, while noting her short hair, which she said she recently chopped off to donate to cancer patients. “But I turned around and I looked at her, and at the sake of sounding blunt, I am not a flat chested person. I’ve got something going on up here.”

Toms said experiencing this kind of disgust and discrimination once was enough for her. She mused, “I cannot fathom the discrimination transgender people must face in a lifetime.”

She said she hopes that her story will add further dialog to how “amazingly ridiculous this is becoming as an issue.”

“These people are who they are and they’re not going to change themselves to make you feel comfortable,” she said. She went on to express her belief that most Americans have shared a bathroom with a transgender individual without knowing it.

It’s only now, with North Carolina’s passing of the HB2 law, that she believes people have generated irrational fears of being attacked by someone who’s abusing transgender bathroom rights.

As of Tuesday, Toms’ video has been viewed more than 43,000 times and has generated dozens of comments, most appearing to offer support.

Speaking to the New York Daily News, she said some internet trolls have since threatened her. They’ve also called her a “lesbian” and a “whore.”

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 07:53:18 pm »

See, here's the fucking weird thing...Trans people have been using public facilities for years now and not a friggin peep from the fringe right, until N.C. made it an issue, to hide their "Fuck you" to N.C. workers by stripping them of more rights to pursue grievances in the work place, where their rights were already paltry in an *at will* state anyway. Not to mention the state has decided cities cannot raise minimum wage as an independent maneuver, even if the businesses and populous of that city agree that is what they wish to do.

Non-Discrimination Ordinances, as they relate to Trans people and public accommodations, have been in place for 23 years now, the first one in 1993. Now in 19 states and 225 cities, Law Enforcement in all states say there has been no rise in sexual assault, that this outcry would insist on, in relation to those ordinances.

It's all smoke and mirrors. I'm actually shocked that the additional language to fuck workers hasn't been part of this discussion. I mean you want exhibit A through Z that citizen's of N.C. got played like freaking chumps, in a text book classic Slight Of Hand move?...there it is.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: