Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 12:03:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Melania Did What????

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Melania Did What????  (Read 369 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: July 19, 2016, 01:31:56 am »

I see she put her KGB training to good use. Not.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/288274-melania-trump-speech-plagiarized-paragraph-from-michelle-obamas-2008

It appears Melania Trump’s speechwriters copied more than a paragraph of her speech from Michelle Obama’s 2008 address to the Democratic National Convention.

As Twitter user Jarrett Hill noted, Melania’s speech closely tracked several sentences that Michelle Obama used in her speech.

NPR carried the original text of Obama’s speech. The relevant section is here, and areas of common phrasing have been bolded:

And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them.
And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children — and all children in this nation — to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.
Below is the section of Melania Trump’s speech, as transcribed by Quartz:
From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily life. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son. And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that their only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.

The original text of this post follows below:

Although she was slated to be the highlight of night one of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, Melania Trump’s proper, poised speech offered no particular insights into her husband as a candidate, or a person. In fact, she was perhaps outshined by her predecessor, former mayor of New York Rudy Giuliani, who energetically praised the billionaire.

She claims to have written the speech herself with " as little help as possible."

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 01:35:34 pm »

that was pretty amazing, watching them trying to spin it. She wrote it herself! no wait, someone who works for trump's business wrote it! which is illegal.....

they just are so inept. And yet there's a good chance he'll win come Nov. Unbelievable.

Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 09:00:15 pm »

He won't win.
Report Spam   Logged

paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 09:39:48 pm »

did you see him groping Ivanka right before his acceptance speech? ugh

and I read an article today which said Melania rubs hand lotion all over their son, Baron, after his nightly bath - and he's 10 years old.

what a weird family.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 12:07:25 am »

did you see him groping Ivanka right before his acceptance speech? ugh

and I read an article today which said Melania rubs hand lotion all over their son, Baron, after his nightly bath - and he's 10 years old.

what a weird family.

Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 12:08:18 am »

Lol...I just posted that somewhere else.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: