Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
April 18, 2024, 11:06:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DeSantis and His Racist Dog Whistle

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DeSantis and His Racist Dog Whistle  (Read 1224 times)
betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 09:57:52 pm »

Well, your answers pretty much prove my point, that there is just a desire to play the victim. Sure, if you use monkey bread in a context with bananas while saying you want to make the candidate comfortable, then you have crossed over to racism. But those types of additions were NOT used by DeSantis. To say he was intending that is disingenuous. There are a number of colloquial phrases that use monkey, Besides monkey wrench, there is monkey business, monkey on my back, more fun than a barrel of monkeys. and others. The use of them does not constitute racism.

Do we agree that the word "monkey" when associated with a darker skinned american ... is likely be seen by some as a trigger mechanism
at the very least...

desantis wasn't at a zoo...wasn't at a cooking show making monkey bread...he wasn't at a book reading of curious george

he wasn't at a manufacturing plant, where the monkey wrench would be applicable...he wasn't  at a toy store where the barrel of monkeys

might have been applicable...he wasn't at a detox facility , where monkey on my back would be part of the verbage used...

i .. see, no good, reason for him to have used those words...i imagine he has great regret for letting that slip

But...being in the moment is when the shadow self/ freudian slip ill bleed threw  and expose the underlying truth of the organism...imo

What year do you think we are when to think that any use of the word monkey has to be racially motivated? I'm glad you see there are more uses of the word shadow that what you used. Sure, you could have used another word, but that doesn't mean you were wrong in your initial usage of it.

Has....or can...doesn't have to...but could be and will be... according to individual/corporate/institutional agendas

so...it's not worth the risk or damage control unless division was the goal...divide then conquer
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: