Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 06:15:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE NOW HAVE A "GRIN" OR "GROAN" FEATURE UNDER THE KARMA.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DeSantis and His Racist Dog Whistle

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DeSantis and His Racist Dog Whistle  (Read 1172 times)
betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2018, 09:57:52 pm »

Well, your answers pretty much prove my point, that there is just a desire to play the victim. Sure, if you use monkey bread in a context with bananas while saying you want to make the candidate comfortable, then you have crossed over to racism. But those types of additions were NOT used by DeSantis. To say he was intending that is disingenuous. There are a number of colloquial phrases that use monkey, Besides monkey wrench, there is monkey business, monkey on my back, more fun than a barrel of monkeys. and others. The use of them does not constitute racism.

Do we agree that the word "monkey" when associated with a darker skinned american ... is likely be seen by some as a trigger mechanism
at the very least...

desantis wasn't at a zoo...wasn't at a cooking show making monkey bread...he wasn't at a book reading of curious george

he wasn't at a manufacturing plant, where the monkey wrench would be applicable...he wasn't  at a toy store where the barrel of monkeys

might have been applicable...he wasn't at a detox facility , where monkey on my back would be part of the verbage used...

i .. see, no good, reason for him to have used those words...i imagine he has great regret for letting that slip

But...being in the moment is when the shadow self/ freudian slip ill bleed threw  and expose the underlying truth of the organism...imo

What year do you think we are when to think that any use of the word monkey has to be racially motivated? I'm glad you see there are more uses of the word shadow that what you used. Sure, you could have used another word, but that doesn't mean you were wrong in your initial usage of it.

Has....or can...doesn't have to...but could be and will be... according to individual/corporate/institutional agendas

so...it's not worth the risk or damage control unless division was the goal...divide then conquer
Report Spam   Logged

Bookworm
Outstanding Citizen

View Profile
100 Posts Level 3 Search
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2018, 10:57:52 pm »

Do we agree that the word "monkey" when associated with a darker skinned american ... is likely be seen by some as a trigger mechanism
at the very least...

Was monkey being associated with the dark skinned american or with the state of Florida? Higher taxes that would bankrupt the state is the situation that would mess up the state of Florida. To somehow interpret that as calling the other candidate a monkey is taking his words out of context for the purpose of attacking his character. The press is pulling with all it's might to manufacture a trigger here. Hopefully the majority of people will see through that.
Report Spam   Logged
betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 12:26:22 am »

curious george will raise the taxes of the state....

monkeys as far as i know have never raised taxes....anywhere

i don't think a monkey can bankrupt the state...

it seems as though....the monkey, in the monkey this up....points directly at the other candidate and his possible actions

if voted in as governor...

The actions were clearly defined...the who was also clearly defined through the use of the word monkey...

was it not ?
Report Spam   Logged

Bookworm
Outstanding Citizen

View Profile
100 Posts Level 3 Search
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 12:51:34 am »

curious george will raise the taxes of the state....

monkeys as far as i know have never raised taxes....anywhere

i don't think a monkey can bankrupt the state...

it seems as though....the monkey, in the monkey this up....points directly at the other candidate and his possible actions

if voted in as governor...

The actions were clearly defined...the who was also clearly defined through the use of the word monkey...

was it not ?
Now you're posting as if you don't even understand English. You do realize that "monkey" in "monkey this up" is being used as a verb, don't you? It's part of a common expression meaning "to mess up." It doesn't refer to African Americans in the expression. Both black people and white people can monkey something up, but neither one are being called actual monkeys or porch monkeys or any other monkey.

I could tell you that you are working doggedly to make you're point, but you're just ending up being bull-headed. By saying that, I am NOT calling you a dog or a bull. I'm just using common expressions.
Report Spam   Logged
betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2018, 01:04:28 am »

Then we will agree to disagree

monkey = verb

this = noun

up = adverb

Report Spam   Logged

betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 02:23:09 am »

The moderator approaches the podium...

" I hope everyone one enjoyed the monkey business that went on here...i'm not monkeying around...
This was more fun than a barrel full of monkeys... eating monkey bread and watching the monkees on tv...
So....before i monkey this up....

We would like to thank our two guest this evening. It was an honor to have them participate in this

open public forum. A round of applause for them...everyone...

Thank you gentlemen so much. We hope we will be able to put on several more of these events in the future."

the two parties get up from their seats and exit the stage in opposite directions...

the crowd applaud as they disappear behind the tapestries...

Moderator : We would like to thank...

Bizarro Amerika for sponsoring tonights event...

along with promotional consideration made possible by

BOH Enterprises LLC UnLimited

and

Bookworm...Have a Book, Give a Book...Need a Book, Take a Book

in support of...

Floridians
Unified  in
Conspiratorial
kinsmanship  and the

Theoretical
Homosexuality
Inclusion