Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 05:48:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

This is what's wrong with this country...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is what's wrong with this country...  (Read 792 times)
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:46:57 pm »

I am.. shocked.

(CBS) - A $31 marijuana sale has landed 25-year-old Oklahoma mother of four Patricia Spottedcrow and a grandmother 10 years in prison.

Police say Spottedcrow and her 50-year-old mother Delita Starr sold $11 worth of pot to an undercover cop at her home in 2009 on New Year's Eve, according to The Oklahoman. Two weeks later, the cop came back and bought $20 worth of marijuana.

Both women were arrested and charged with drug distribution. And since Spottedcrow's children were present in the home during the drug deal, the pair was also charged with possession of a dangerous substance in the presence of a minor, according to the paper.

The Oklahoman reports that prosecutors tried to cut a deal, but both women decided to plead guilty and take their chances with the judge, since they had no prior convictions.

But the judge threw the book at them and sentenced them to 10 years in prison.

Spottedcrow was also charged another two years for possession after police found marijuana in her jacket pocket when she was picked up to go to prison.

Spottedcrow began her sentence on Dec. 29, 2010.

really?

fucking really?

$11 in weed? and then $20 in weed.. with no priors, and they get 10 fucking years in jail in this country?

insane.. infuckingsane!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

blindboytwitch
Probationary

View Profile
Karma Good Search Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 01:33:52 pm »

What?  Are you fuckin with me?  Weed is dangerous!  A scourge.  It encourages violent offenders and ....  well.. no... none of that's right.  Twinkie abuse, maybe?  Pizza driver overemployment?  Shit.  Ok.  I got nothin
Report Spam   Logged
FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Webmaster Search Windows User
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 02:03:29 pm »

While it doesn't sound like Spottedcrow will be getting mensa invites anytime soon, just consider that comment that it's a dangerous substance to have around minors. See alcohol related deaths per year. Maybe that state has a particular boner for weed.

Elsewhere from personal experience and learning of the massive decriminalization of small amounts, things seem to be getting better. Any successful business evaluates expenditures, overhead etc...That appears to never be a consideration with anything related to gov. Housing, feeding and medical care are among the things the state picks up the tab on in this situation as with any prisoner with the state of course being the tax payer.

When I used to get regular eye exams, the vision was improving into my 40's according to the doctor.

The purpose of law was supposed to be the same principle as my freedom ends if I infringe on someone else's. Something naturally occurring in nature as is the case with marijuana, is not a proper thing to have legislation about period, much less incarceration.

Needless to say it's a different story if someone is found to be pushing to minors.
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 03:04:21 pm »

I think that state has 6 'private' prisons..

pretty much explains the 10 yrs.. got to get that revenue somehow..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 03:11:32 pm »

Judging from the name, she's an Injun. Oklahoma don't like no Injun's since they seceeded from the union last year.
Report Spam   Logged

FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 05:11:41 pm »

Speaking of private prisons...was it ever established if our gov has the right to hire private companies like Xe. I know the line at first was that they don't engage in actual combat but that proved to be a fallacy.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 05:31:10 pm »

Speaking of private prisons...was it ever established if our gov has the right to hire private companies like Xe. I know the line at first was that they don't engage in actual combat but that proved to be a fallacy.

Private prisons are all the rage in Republican led states. They contribute heavily to campaigns, take over the prisons, and don't give a shit from there on.

Case in point: Arizona

Last year, two men showed up in Benson, Ariz., a small desert town 60 miles from the Mexico border, offering a deal.

Glenn Nichols, the Benson city manager, remembers the pitch.

"The gentleman that's the main thrust of this thing has a huge turquoise ring on his finger," Nichols said. "He's a great big huge guy and I equated him to a car salesman."

What he was selling was a prison for women and children who were illegal immigrants.

"They talk [about] how positive this was going to be for the community," Nichols said, "the amount of money that we would realize from each prisoner on a daily rate."

But Nichols wasn't buying. He asked them how would they possibly keep a prison full for years — decades even — with illegal immigrants?

"They talked like they didn't have any doubt they could fill it," Nichols said.

That's because prison companies like this one had a plan — a new business model to lock up illegal immigrants. And the plan became Arizona's immigration law.

Expect it soon here in Floriduh. Our blacks and hispanics will be a gold mine for Scott!

Critics also say the plan to expand prison privatization is aimed at rewarding an industry that donates generously to the state Republican Party.

Since 2001, the Florida GOP has received more than $1.5 million from the two largest prison contractors and their affiliates, records show. More than $1 million of that has come from The GEO Group of Boca Raton – formerly known as Wackenhut – which manages two of the state’s private prisons.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:36:12 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 05:50:25 pm »

if ya want to do something designated as illegal...find the state where its not and move there...

or country...which the fuck ever....

because you don't agree with the law doesn't mean a thing...

or work to change the law...either way...try not to break more than one law at a time...

possession....fine....possession and sales and distribution....to many laws being broke...

the more laws being violated the better your odds of being busted....

Report Spam   Logged

FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 06:07:14 pm »

Wackenhut
lol I worked for that co for a couple years when I lived in San Antonio doing airport security.

The two times that I had a problem with the po po from weed were because I was speeding and it was discovered. I've never dealt or been involved in any of the game. I always network to find quality in the burbs or country. The hood is not a good place for whites and the count is never right or quality. I didn't hear of the term regs/regular/reggies as in dirt weed till I lived in Winter Park. So after doing it for so long I won't and can't be bullshitted. Mid grade is where it's at and sometimes hydro. I do without before I would smoke dirt weed.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 06:16:05 pm »

I do without before I would smoke dirt weed.

Well. I'm glad to see you have discerning tastes!
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2011, 05:53:04 pm »

Gawd...what a bunch of ignorant racists in Oklahoma!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4-2d-CPAps&feature=player_embedded
Report Spam   Logged

betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2011, 07:02:25 pm »

i'm confused...

help me understand why she's ignorant and racist...

she's a beloved retired teacher....thats important...she has first hand knowledge of students....

for a long damn time...so...in that reguard....whats she would have to say must have some merit...

she gave testimony to what she was aware of...and the results of that long term blah blah blah...

if people learn they can survive off entitlements...their thinking goes askew from the direction we'd like

them to participate in like the rest of our society...does it make her a racist for pointing that out...

or understanding its implications...
Report Spam   Logged

FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2011, 07:34:46 pm »

It looked like what could easily have been Kathy Bates doing a sketch. I've known plenty of people, Caucasian and black who play the system to be a leech on society. Not up for debate. However the same system that has in many ways encouraged the poor to have more babies for money and so forth, needs to own that and not put whoever is on the government dole in double jeopardy by accusing them of what they knew they were to begin with, which includes plenty of white's as well. I'm hoping that as some of the older generations die out their ignorance and prejudice will go with them. It turns my stomach when I see the rebel flag or hear 'nigger'.

Heritage not hate is a load of bullshit and an excuse to try to inflame people. The popular response and opinion are more important than the claim that it doesn't condone slavery or whatever. It's not that there wasn't some truth to what that lady was saying but rather that an official(elected or not)should be more wise than to speak like that. But it seems that there is so much substance off the table news wise and so many close minded bigots in politics who love the petty fights and diversions that seldom mean anything the next day;name calling and finger pointing are about all that remains.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:36:21 pm by FooFa » Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 07:50:11 pm »

I think the problem is it's hear say.  She made a statement as factual in nature, but offered nothing in the way of proof regarding her interaction with the student (or students) who professed to her personally...that their lackadaisical approach to school was due entirely to a government trust fund that awaited them upon failure.

My question would be, what grades did she teach, where her students "often" relayed (when engaged or spontaneously on their own) a desire or preference to misuse entitlements instead of perusing scholastic, vocational, or personal endeavors towards self reliance/independence?  

One is led to believe that during her 20 years as a teacher, that more than 50 percent of minorities in her classes (or interaction with) all professed or eluded to the preference of taking advantage of entitlements.

I really, really find that hard to believe.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2011, 08:15:15 pm »

I think the problem is it's hear say.  She made a statement as factual in nature, but offered nothing in the way of proof regarding her interaction with the student (or students) who professed to her personally...that their lackadaisical approach to school was due entirely to a government trust fund that awaited them upon failure.

My question would be, what grades did she teach, where her students "often" relayed (when engaged or spontaneously on their own) a desire or preference to misuse entitlements instead of perusing scholastic, vocational, or personal endeavors towards self reliance/independence?  

One is led to believe that during her 20 years as a teacher, that more than 50 percent of minorities in her classes (or interaction with) all professed or eluded to the preference of taking advantage of entitlements.

I really, really find that hard to believe.

It strikes me of the Haley Barbour attitude. I'm surprised she didn't say the students' mother's drove through Walgreens in their BMW's to get their free gubmint meds too.

Love her quote:

"I don't need to study. The government's gonna take care of me."

Really? From the mouth of babes? This bitch is full of it.

She also hates the mo's and had this to say about her fellow woman during the same speech.

Women usually don't want to work as hard as a man... women tend to think a little bit more about their family, wanting to be at home more time, wanting to have a little more leisure time.

Out of Touch, table for one!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: