Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 02:36:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Man Who Gives Corrupt a Whole New Meaning

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Man Who Gives Corrupt a Whole New Meaning  (Read 3093 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: May 06, 2011, 08:23:33 am »

Expect it soon here in Floriduh. Our blacks and hispanics will be a gold mine for Scott!

My track record at being 100% correct on all issues and clairvoyant in predicting them far in advance is incredible! WINNING!

Even before he was in office, Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) proposed privatizing much of Florida’s prison system, and state House and Senate negotiators agreed to do just that Monday as legislators hammer out a budget. The agreement will move thousands of inmates to prisons run by for-profit companies in an 18-county region in Southern Florida.

As the Maimi Herald reported last month, Scott’s plan “could open a lucrative door to politically connected vendors who stand to profit.” GEO Group appears to be the company with the most to gain. The nation’s second largest private corrections company, GEO — based in Boca Raton, FL — already manages two of the state’s seven private prisons and four of its seven mental-health facilities.

A “prime financier[] of the Republican Party,” GEO Group gave more than $400,000 to GOP in the 2010 election cycle alone and gave the maximum $25,000 to Scott’s inaugural fund.

The company has also deployed a small army of lobbyists in Tallahassee, including Florida “uber-lobbyist” Brian Ballard. Ballard and Scott have an unusually close relationship. Scott appointed Ballard to the finance committee for his inaugural fund and Ballard helped raise $3 million for the festivities. The month after Scott was sworn in, Ballard hosted a fundraiser Superbowl party at his Tallahassee home — Scott was the guest of honor.

Ballard is also a lobbyist for the Corrections Corporation of America (CCA) — the nation’s largest corrections company with close ties to GOP statehouses across the country — which also stands to gain from the privatization scheme. The company has spent $373,000 in political contributions in Florida since 2003, over 60 percent of which have gone to Republicans.

Meanwhile, a third company, The Boca Raton company, is a “a reliable contributor to the Republican party” and gave Scott’s inaugural fund the maximum $25,000. It also employs a stable of 16 lobbyists in Tallahassee.

It’s really just a gift to the private-prison industry,” said David Murrell of the Police Benevolent Association, the union which represents correctional officers. “It’s very political. The private corporations have been very helpful to the governor and his people.” Ironically, Scott “campaigned against the influence of special interests,” the St. Petersburg Times’ Marc Caputo notes. “But that was sooooo 2010.”

Ahhh...the sweet smell of corruption!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 03:15:48 pm »

Even before he was in office, Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) proposed privatizing much of Florida’s prison system, and state House and Senate negotiators agreed to do just that Monday as legislators hammer out a budget. The agreement will move thousands of inmates to prisons run by for-profit companies in an 18-county region in Southern Florida.

this scares me more than many other things..

we're fucked..

the police state is here.. expect our judges to be next in line for the big money donors to start buying off.. before long you'll have teeny-tiny local judges getting millions for their campaign donations.. whereas before, they got just a few thousand.. all to buy justice, in a world where now prisons need to turn a profit.. their profit is literally based on people..that's the only thing that beast can eat..what are they gonna do to feed that need?  They'll have to buy judges..

Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:05:16 pm »

this scares me more than many other things..

we're fucked..

the police state is here.. expect our judges to be next in line for the big money donors to start buying off.. before long you'll have teeny-tiny local judges getting millions for their campaign donations.. whereas before, they got just a few thousand.. all to buy justice, in a world where now prisons need to turn a profit.. their profit is literally based on people..that's the only thing that beast can eat..what are they gonna do to feed that need?  They'll have to buy judges..

Once the sham known as the legislatiduh session is over, I'll have more on the restructuring of Florida's court system tomorrow.

Be afraid...be very afraid...
Report Spam   Logged

FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Webmaster Search Windows User
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 06:21:04 pm »

I'm glad to hear ekg mention the police state. I believe that the corruption following the Patriot Act has been the free pass that loads of different orgs and associations were waiting on. Today the FDA announced that they would confiscate food based on suspicion alone http://www.activistpost.com/2011/05/fda-claims-power-to-seize-food-without.html

One more example that the constitution no longer has any meaning. I'm sure that there will be increased 'incentives' for police to keep them coming before the judges and they didn't need any encouragement to begin with.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 08:35:18 pm »

I'm glad to hear ekg mention the police state. I believe that the corruption following the Patriot Act has been the free pass that loads of different orgs and associations were waiting on. Today the FDA announced that they would confiscate food based on suspicion alone http://www.activistpost.com/2011/05/fda-claims-power-to-seize-food-without.html

One more example that the constitution no longer has any meaning. I'm sure that there will be increased 'incentives' for police to keep them coming before the judges and they didn't need any encouragement to begin with.

What the fuck does this have to do with Rick Scott?

That said, the picture with your quoted blog post is hilarious. Is the intent of this law to track down and arrest Mom and Dad's veggie garden or unscrupulous corporate farmers with their unsafe practices?

Funny as hell that your conspiracy sites are scared to death of anything being contaminated by a little Japanese radiation but don't mind other toxins in what you eat.

Ponderous...
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 12:03:28 pm »

That said, the picture with your quoted blog post is hilarious. Is the intent of this law to track down and arrest Mom and Dad's veggie garden or unscrupulous corporate farmers with their unsafe practices?

Funny as hell that your conspiracy sites are scared to death of anything being contaminated by a little Japanese radiation but don't mind other toxins in what you eat.

Ponderous...

ahh to be fair to fafa..

what do you think this swat team is going after?

drugs? Terrorist? Baby-raper?

uh.. no..

Amish farmers who sell unpasteurized milk..to people who want unpasteurized milk

Milk Police: Feds Sting Amish Farmer Selling Raw (Unpasteurized) Milk

A yearlong sting operation, including aliases, a 5 a.m. surprise inspection and surreptitious purchases from an Amish farm in Pennsylvania, culminated in the federal government announcing this week that it has gone to court to stop Rainbow Acres Farm from selling its contraband to willing customers in the Washington area.

The product in question: unpasteurized milk.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/government-regulation/2011/04/29/milk-police-feds-sting-amish-farmer-selling-raw-unpasteurized-milk#ixzz1LgPF4Svx

is this really where we needed to spend a yearlong undercover sting op?

Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 12:04:58 pm »

Ponderous...
The point was being made that your governor is a strong proponent of private prisons. The climate of needing inmates didn't happen overnight. It goes hand in hand with what's happening to civilians all over the country from badges getting slapped on anyone with a heart beat;people are being harassed, raped and having civil liberties treated like bubble wrap.

This illegal declaration by the fraud and death administration is further evidence of a police state. The message has nothing to do with radiation since they've largely stopped talking about it and are not even measuring it anymore in the way that they were. The small handful of people calling the shots don't even care that much about money, it's about power over the individual and breaking people's will.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011, 12:11:20 pm »

ahh to be fair to fafa..

what do you think this swat team is going after?

drugs? Terrorist? Baby-raper?

uh.. no..

Amish farmers who sell unpasteurized milk..to people who want unpasteurized milk

Are you saying we shouldn't be regulating unsafe foods?

Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011, 12:54:23 pm »

Are you saying we shouldn't be regulating unsafe foods?

I'm home now and checking into this...

After the initial shock of finding ekg using Fox Nation as a source who used the Washington Times as a source who used Alex Jones as a source it's evident this scandal is the latest manufactured whoop-de-doo of conspiracy theorists everywhere.

The picture? I guarantee that's not of a mom and pop Amish farm. Fake.

The story? Been going around since 09 when the FDA first sent this so-called Amish farmer a letter asking him to cease sending unpateuirzed milk across state lines:

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/ucm209276.htm

This whole thing reeks of conspiracy theory bullshit, Kelly. And you fell for it.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:03:58 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 01:37:28 pm »

I can understand your aversion to what you see as conspiracy theories. It seems like you are completely ignoring the facts here. Sites don't figure into this. Either the FDA is doing these things or they aren't and they clearly are. The truth is the truth and if doesn't fit the white picket fence American Dream Lie scenario, you seem to immediately dismiss whatever it is.

FYI: I frequently do a search to find a story that hundreds of sites have and you act like you think I spend hours on whatever site and make judgments based on projected false assumptions. Like that Kissinger quote is in at least thousands of places(from a few weeks ago)and the first place you, Howey, found, you talked more than once about specifics of that site as if I definitely got the quote from wherever you found it. 

If 'remember when' is the lowest form of conversation, drawing false assumptions about people based on a few seconds of searching has to be the lowest form of interaction online. Large minds talk about ideas and encourage meaningful debate. In effect, the immediate tackling of anything you don't want to see or think about only shines a light on shallow thinking of which I believe anyone here is capable of much more.
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2011, 02:37:47 pm »

I'm home now and checking into this...

After the initial shock of finding ekg using Fox Nation as a source who used the Washington Times as a source who used Alex Jones as a source it's evident this scandal is the latest manufactured whoop-de-doo of conspiracy theorists everywhere.

The story? Been going around since 07 when the FDA first sent this so-called Amish farmer a letter asking him to cease sending unpateuirzed milk across state lines:

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/ucm209276.htm

This whole thing reeks of conspiracy theory bullshit, Kelly. And you fell for it.

You could have at least have provided the links from all that research.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2011, 05:18:12 pm »

You could have at least have provided the links from all that research.

What? I provided a link for the FDA's letter to the guy. ekg provided the link to the "news story" from Fox Nation.

As far as the picture? Given the reputation of FOX, the Washington Times, and Alex Jones, I seriously doubt it's validity.

But is that picture a depiction of the FDA Stormtroopers busting in the glass, electrically lit, modern structure that is this farmhome owned by the Amish farmer? I don't think so.

Undercover sting operation? Do you mean where the FDA employee ordered raw milk to be shipped across state lines? Boy...I'll bet that took a lot of man hours and jumpboot-clad stormtroopers to carry out!

« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:31:59 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 05:25:20 pm »

I can understand your aversion to what you see as conspiracy theories. It seems like you are completely ignoring the facts here. Sites don't figure into this. Either the FDA is doing these things or they aren't and they clearly are. The truth is the truth and if doesn't fit the white picket fence American Dream Lie scenario, you seem to immediately dismiss whatever it is.

What am I dismissing? The facts? The facts are that the farmer broke the law by shipping unpasteurized milk across state lines. The facts are that the farmer ignored repeated cease and desist orders from the FDA. The facts are that the FDA had to take the farmer to civil court, not criminal court, to enforce the law.

The law:

[21 CFR 1240.61(a)] issued by FDA in response to a 1988 court order provides, in part, that "no person shall cause to be delivered into interstate commerce or shall sell, otherwise distribute, or hold for sale or other distribution after shipment in interstate commerce any milk or milk product in final package form for direct human consumption unless the product has been pasteurized."

I'm well aware of those FACTS. They are substantiated by court records. What is not substantiated by anything are the claims by Alex Jones, Fox Nation, and others that the FDA did anything wrong other than piss off a bunch of crazy conspiracy theorists by doing their fucking job.

If you, ekg, or lilMike are unhappy with the government's regulation of unsafe food, feel free to contact your congressman and let them know.

Until then, the FDA did nothing wrong.

Case closed.

WINNING!
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 07:02:37 pm »

Here's the administrative warrant for this dreadful violation of....well, nothing!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/36660555/Rainbow-Acres-Farm-FDA-Search-ADMINISTRATIVE-WARRANT-FOR-INSPECTION-April-2010

Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 07:56:05 pm »

Ahhhhhhh....yes. The picture:

I did a little search of it. Here it is on Free Republic (hell yeah!) with the title: "Collecting Obama Donations", dated March 27, 2010.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2481222/posts

Other sites using the picture are German...so one would assume that is a picture of a German SWAT team? Most likely, since the wording on the sign appears to be German.    Tongue
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:58:46 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: