Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 01:56:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Million dollar loan to a stripper

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Million dollar loan to a stripper  (Read 469 times)
44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« on: May 11, 2011, 02:32:19 pm »

http://www.businessinsider.com/credit-suisse-sec-subpoena-1-million-loan-stripper-never-paid-emails-jail-fraud-2011#
The reason I posted this is for the emails between the Lender and Loan originator.(Click the link to the emails) They are pure gold, Jerry!

Once again I will ask how come not one single banker is in jail for fraud. Bernie Madoff is the only one but that is because he stole from the rich and not the taxpayers. Big mistake Bernie, you steal from the taxpayers and pay the mafia errr... I mean the government their cut as a fine and you keep the rest.

No Doc loans were invented by the devil.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 03:37:23 pm »

I like how thwe last emails says "someone should go to jail for this".. LOL, like that will happen..

wait, no.. I bet the stripper goes to jail ..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 04:53:13 pm »

Good God...I mean literally, that's all I find myself able to say.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 06:09:12 pm »

Good news! There was a conviction today of an inside trader. Soon as we get home from the beach I'll find the link.

Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 07:09:33 pm »

Good news! There was a conviction today of an inside trader. Soon as we get home from the beach I'll find the link.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-11/rajaratnam-is-found-guilty-of-all-counts-in-galleon-insider-trading-trial.html

Raj Rajaratnam, the hedge-fund tycoon and Galleon Group LLC co-founder at the center of a U.S. insider-trading crackdown, was found guilty of all 14 counts against him in the largest illegal stock-tipping case in a generation.

A jury of eight women and four men in Manhattan returned its verdict today after hearing evidence that Rajaratnam, 53, engaged in a seven-year conspiracy to trade on inside information from corporate executives, bankers, consultants, traders and directors of public companies including Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) He gained $63.8 million, prosecutors said.

The trial came as Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara promised to crack down on “rampant” illegal trading on Wall Street. Rajaratnam was convicted on five counts of conspiracy and nine counts of securities fraud. Prosecutors today said he faces 15 1/2 years to 19 1/2 years in prison at his July 29 sentencing.

“Rajaratnam, once a high-flying billionaire and hedge fund manager, is now a convicted felon, 14 times over,” Bharara said in a statement after the verdict. “Rajaratnam was among the best and the brightest -- one of the most educated, successful and privileged professionals in the country. Yet, like so many others recently, he let greed and corruption cause his undoing.”

Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 07:18:36 pm »

Ya, I think he was a decent donor to the D camp...with that said...this is what I mean when I've said I want to see the stink scraped off capitalism.  D, R, doesn't matter...clean house, clean it all out.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 07:53:39 pm »

Ya, I think he was a decent donor to the D camp...with that said...this is what I mean when I've said I want to see the stink scraped off capitalism.  D, R, doesn't matter...clean house, clean it all out.

Of course there's crooks on both sides of the aisle. But can we really blame the recipients of these donations or should we change the system?

Something else I've said a million times. Get rid of lobbyists and influence peddlers. Establish a limit on the amount of money used to finance a campaign, do away with political ads, provide free televised debates focusing on the issues.

D, R, doesn't matter...clean house, clean it all out.

Again....like that really worked out the last time around!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: