Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 04:05:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Teen challenges Tea-O-Con Bachman to a debate.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teen challenges Tea-O-Con Bachman to a debate.  (Read 429 times)
44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« on: May 16, 2011, 01:04:52 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110516/ts_yblog_thelookout/teen-who-challenged-bachmann-to-constitution-showdown-is-running-for-class-president

Myers was angry that many of the most visible female politicians were seen as fodder for jokes and ridicule, which made her peers think it was ok to mock her political aspirations, too. She singled out Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) after her father noticed the congresswoman had incorrectly stated the Revolutionary War Battles of Lexington and Concord happened in New Hampshire. (She told a group of conservatives in Manchester in March: "You're the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord.") In January, Myers watched agasp as Bachmann said America's founding fathers "worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States."

I don't know if I should laugh or move to Canada.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 01:10:37 pm »

Yeah, right. Bachmann will agree to that the same day Sarah agrees to talk to someone other than FOX.

That kid's got more brains than Bachman and all four hundred and seventy six kids* she's "raising" have collectively.

*Sorry. Lost count.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 01:03:04 pm »

I'll remember this next time I'm accused of mentioning Sarah's brood of ne'er to well brats:

Teen Who Challenged Bachmann Receives Threats

A Cherry Hill High School East sophomore who challenged Tea Party champion Michele Bachmann to a constitutional debate says she is concerned for her personal safety.

"A lot of them are calling me a whore," 16-year-old Amy Myers said, referring to anonymous comments reacting to online news reports about her challenge to the 55-year-old Minnesota congresswoman.

In a letter addressed to Bachmann and dated April 29, Myers leveled pointed criticisms at the Tea Party Caucus founder.

"I have found quite a few of your statements regarding the Constitution of the United States, the quality of public school education and general U.S. civics matters to be factually incorrect, inaccurately applied or grossly distorted," Myers wrote.

"As one of a handful of women in Congress, you hold a distinct privilege and responsibility to better represent your gender nationally. The statements you make help to serve an injustice to not only the position of Congresswoman, but women everywhere."

Myers and her father, Wayne, posted her letter to Bachmann on CNN's iReport website on May 6. News outlets including Yahoo and The Atlantic picked up the story over the weekend.

Amy and Wayne Myers said the comments on conservative websites alarmed them most. Several commenters threatened to publish the Myers' home address.

Others threatened violence, including rape, they said.

"They're targeting me just because I'm challenging Bachmann," Amy said

Amy's challenge is arguably unrealistic: Few if any sitting members of Congress would actually agree to debate a teenager.

Bachmann, talked up by the Republican right wing as a 2012 presidential contender, is often the subject of unflattering press. An aide said Tuesday the office would have no response to Myers' challenge.

The Courier-Post had scheduled a video interview with Amy Thursday. On Wednesday, a somewhat panicked-sounding Wayne Myers phoned to cancel, citing the alleged threats.

"I got a call from the principal that the main office received threatening mail," said the computer programmer and single father.
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 01:25:32 pm »

ahhh, don't you love the smell of family values in the morning.

in all seriousness, it's really just par for the course. I'm addicted to the 'comments' section of news reports(which are really getting hard to find anymore because many places disable that feature on certain stories where the TP/GOP are up in arms).. so I've been seeing this kind of stuff for awhile.. These people are bat-shit-fuck-nuts crazy! Their violence is always extreme.. it's pretty sad.
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Webmaster Search Windows User
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 02:15:02 pm »

I'll remember this next time I'm accused of mentioning Sarah's brood of ne'er to well brats:

I can't really blame or hold in contempt any of the family. I mean who wouldn't jump at the chance to get a bunch of money for being her kids or Levi...Her sole 'talent' is being pretty and charismatic which made for a much better anchor than political commentator.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: