Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 09:56:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What Letter to the Editor?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Letter to the Editor?  (Read 959 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: January 31, 2011, 05:33:46 pm »

http://www.news-journalonline.com/opinion/editorials/other-voices/2011/01/23/rails-just-too-risky-for-taxpayers.html

Rail's just too risky for taxpayers

Unfortunately, much of the support for high-speed rail in the United States is based on hype and ridership projections that are little more than gut speculation. Rail advocates base estimates on Amtrak's Northeast Corridor's Acela high-speed train or those in Europe, Japan and, increasingly China. But none of these cases fits Florida very well...

Thus, while the Acela links 35 million people in a 500-mile, nearly straight-line corridor, Florida's high-speed rail line would be a more circuitous 324 miles with only 10 million people in the major urban areas. Florida simply doesn't have the urban density and concentration of employment centers necessary to attract the riders needed to maximize the potential efficiency of high-speed rail.

Really*? Why didn't you post the op-ed RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO THAT ONE in support of high speed rail?

Didn't follow your agenda???

Be sure to check out tomorrow's paper.  Wink

*Extra points if you can figure out who sent Paul the info about The Reason Foundation.  Wink Wink Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 09:46:11 pm »

I'm sensing a pattern here.  Do you really need to copy my posts in order to create topics?

Well on the other hand, I am brilliant, so you could have done much worse.  If you're going to steal, steal from the best.

After all, this is my section!
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 05:36:28 pm »

I'm sensing a pattern here.  Do you really need to copy my posts in order to create topics?

Well on the other hand, I am brilliant, so you could have done much worse.  If you're going to steal, steal from the best.

How am I going to get on you without copying your posts? If you want you can just come over here and post your stuff. I've got a funny feeling (ahhhh) politikal discussions on the muche are going bye-bye...

Now. Answer the question.

Why didn't you post the op-ed RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO THAT ONE in support of high speed rail?

And don't forget...check Wednesday's N-J!
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:02:50 pm »

How am I going to get on you without copying your posts? If you want you can just come over here and post your stuff. I've got a funny feeling (ahhhh) politikal discussions on the muche are going bye-bye...

Now. Answer the question.

Why didn't you post the op-ed RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO THAT ONE in support of high speed rail?

And don't forget...check Wednesday's N-J!

Just post over at the muche for my political posts.  It's hilarious that you are able to fool TPTB so more power to ya!

As far as the article "next to that one," there is no article next to the one I posted.  There may have been one in the print edition, but that doesn't really help me find it online, and you didn't give my any information to search for it.

Just find it and reply to my post on the muche.  I'm curious if that one post by itself would make TPTB suspicious, or if they would remain totally clueless.  You probably have several log in's you're willing to risk, so go for it!
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 07:07:48 pm »

Just post over at the muche for my political posts.  It's hilarious that you are able to fool TPTB so more power to ya!

Just find it and reply to my post on the muche.  I'm curious if that one post by itself would make TPTB suspicious, or if they would remain totally clueless.  You probably have several log in's you're willing to risk, so go for it!

That's twice you're telling me to post something on the muche! Newsflash! Already am! You just don't know who I am...but you're a lot of fun!

Anyhow, like I said...politika discussions over there are frowned upon. Some new fluffmuch rule, I guess. So I'm trying to restore this place for talk and the new Governor, betteroffhere, will be in charge of his new section soon. Give him a heartfelt welcome!

As far as the letter to the Editor, that's what I love about this section dedicated just to proving you wrongo. The op-eds are published online and in the paper. So you shouldn't have much trouble finding it.

Did you read mine?  Here it is:

A message to readers of the N-J Letters to The Editor and Opinions Page:

Freedom of speech is a valued treasure of our country. Our citizens are granted
the right to express their opinion by the Constitution and as such we must all
honor the right of our fellow citizens to do so.

However, I've seen a distinct aura to the N-J Editorial position and many
Letters to the Editor over the past few months that beg questioning.

For example: The recent Op-Ed from one Sam Staley criticizing the high speed
rail efforts of Florida. Mr. Staley uses his credentials as a member of The
Reason Foundation to express a compelling argument against high speed rail.
Taken at face value, one might agree with his position with no further thought.

Yet, let's look a little deeper. The Reason Foundation, a "non-partisan",
non-profit think tank, is far from that. With financial backing from the
nation's leading Libertarians, particularly the Koch brothers; and funding from
Big Oil and the automobile industry as well as CCA it becomes obvious that The
Reason Foundation is far from "non-partisan" and is, in fact, pursuing a
well-planned drive to rid our country of any and all regulation of our most
precious commodity - our environment.

This tone of duplicity is apparent in many of the opinions of the N-J and it's
letter writers. May I suggest to the educated reader one thing? Before you read
and believe everything within the Editorial page; try to investigate the source
of the words and the agenda behind such words before making an intelligent
decision regarding their verity.

Howey D
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 09:53:57 pm »

That's twice you're telling me to post something on the muche! Newsflash! Already am! You just don't know who I am...but you're a lot of fun!

Anyhow, like I said...politika discussions over there are frowned upon. Some new fluffmuch rule, I guess. So I'm trying to restore this place for talk and the new Governor, betteroffhere, will be in charge of his new section soon. Give him a heartfelt welcome!

As far as the letter to the Editor, that's what I love about this section dedicated just to proving you wrongo. The op-eds are published online and in the paper. So you shouldn't have much trouble finding it.

Did you read mine?  Here it is:

A message to readers of the N-J Letters to The Editor and Opinions Page:

Freedom of speech is a valued treasure of our country. Our citizens are granted
the right to express their opinion by the Constitution and as such we must all
honor the right of our fellow citizens to do so.

However, I've seen a distinct aura to the N-J Editorial position and many
Letters to the Editor over the past few months that beg questioning.

For example: The recent Op-Ed from one Sam Staley criticizing the high speed
rail efforts of Florida. Mr. Staley uses his credentials as a member of The
Reason Foundation to express a compelling argument against high speed rail.
Taken at face value, one might agree with his position with no further thought.

Yet, let's look a little deeper. The Reason Foundation, a "non-partisan",
non-profit think tank, is far from that. With financial backing from the
nation's leading Libertarians, particularly the Koch brothers; and funding from
Big Oil and the automobile industry as well as CCA it becomes obvious that The
Reason Foundation is far from "non-partisan" and is, in fact, pursuing a
well-planned drive to rid our country of any and all regulation of our most
precious commodity - our environment.

This tone of duplicity is apparent in many of the opinions of the N-J and it's
letter writers. May I suggest to the educated reader one thing? Before you read
and believe everything within the Editorial page; try to investigate the source
of the words and the agenda behind such words before making an intelligent
decision regarding their verity.

Howey D

Frankly I forgot about it, so thanks for posting it.  I didn't know it was going to be about the High Speed rail though, although actually it wasn't.  You didn't address one issue brought up in their editorial.  Typical of liberal responses though.  You attack the person or institution.  The arguments?  Irrelevant.

I do have a theory on who your (or one of your) muche identities is.  However if I post it here, you'll just deny it.  So I'll just wait and see if you trip up. To avoid that though you will have to limit your posts.  You give yourself up in multiple ways when you post frequently.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 08:30:08 am »

Frankly I forgot about it, so thanks for posting it.  I didn't know it was going to be about the High Speed rail though, although actually it wasn't.  You didn't address one issue brought up in their editorial.  Typical of liberal responses though.  You attack the person or institution.  The arguments?  Irrelevant.

I do have a theory on who your (or one of your) muche identities is.  However if I post it here, you'll just deny it.  So I'll just wait and see if you trip up. To avoid that though you will have to limit your posts.  You give yourself up in multiple ways when you post frequently.

I didn't attack anything...just pointed out to the readers to think about who's behind these op-eds before they take the words as gospel. Us typical liberals, you see, are capable of making informed decisions based on facts, not propoganda disseminated by the "Reason" Foundation at the behest of Big Oil, et al...

Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 09:44:18 pm »

I didn't attack anything...just pointed out to the readers to think about who's behind these op-eds before they take the words as gospel. Us typical liberals, you see, are capable of making informed decisions based on facts, not propoganda disseminated by the "Reason" Foundation at the behest of Big Oil, et al...

Well that's just it.  You provided no facts on the high speed rail issue.  And I'm not sure that you provided any facts about the Reason Foundation.  They are at the behest of Big Oil?  That just sounds like you copied Roadrunner's argument.  The one he ran away from.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 09:06:25 am »

Well that's just it.  You provided no facts on the high speed rail issue.  And I'm not sure that you provided any facts about the Reason Foundation.  They are at the behest of Big Oil?  That just sounds like you copied Roadrunner's argument.  The one he ran away from.

Where did I say I was providing facts? Since when does one have to provide links in a letter to the Editor? (Btw...it's in today's paper. Go Me!)

Umm...I didn't copy RR's argument...I provided him the argument.  Wink

Your beloved Reason Foundation is funded by the Kock brothers, Big Oil, and just about every anti-environment group out there. Duh...non-partisan, huh? I'm not disseminating an opinion, I'm telling the sheep out there to think for themselves.

That's the scope of my article...and basically every reply to you I've ever made and the reason for your own little section on here. Someone has to let the sheep out there know that what passes as fact coming from the right wing is seldom that.

Please...post here. Start new topics! I miss these conversations. Hell, you may possibly some day restore your honor with ekg and she'll start replying to you instead of ignoring your ignorance.

Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 05:30:39 pm »

Where did I say I was providing facts?

Ha!

True, but you're not really making an argument supporting high speed rail.  Only that you hate the people who oppose it.  I think that is probably good enough for you though!
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »

Ha!

True, but you're not really making an argument supporting high speed rail.  Only that you hate the people who oppose it.  I think that is probably good enough for you though!

Who said I was making an argument supporting high speed rail or that I hate the people who oppose it?

I believe this is what my letter said:
May I suggest to the educated reader one thing? Before you read and believe everything within the Editorial page; try to investigate the source of the words and the agenda behind such words before making an intelligent decision regarding their verity.

Hell. If the guys on the muche followed that little bit of wisdom, they'd have busted you out long ago!

So...did you ever tell them that your quoted letter was, in fact, accompanied by one in support of high speed rail? Or was that not part of your agenda?
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »

Who said I was making an argument supporting high speed rail or that I hate the people who oppose it?

I believe this is what my letter said:
Hell. If the guys on the muche followed that little bit of wisdom, they'd have busted you out long ago!

So...did you ever tell them that your quoted letter was, in fact, accompanied by one in support of high speed rail? Or was that not part of your agenda?

Well good, glad to see you have no opinion on high speed rail, merely the Reason Foundation!

You've already mentioned that there was some other article, but as I mentioned to you already, there is no other article on that link.  If there is some other article, as I've already mentioned, feel free to post it in that thread.  I welcome all opinions!

Actually, even better, post your letter to the editor on that link.  Roadrunner would appreciate the back up!
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 08:40:00 pm »

Well good, glad to see you have no opinion on high speed rail, merely the Reason Foundation!

You've already mentioned that there was some other article, but as I mentioned to you already, there is no other article on that link.  If there is some other article, as I've already mentioned, feel free to post it in that thread.  I welcome all opinions!

Actually, even better, post your letter to the editor on that link.  Roadrunner would appreciate the back up!

Here ya go! Two birds with one stone, huh?

http://www.news-journalonline.com/opinion/letters-to-the-editor/2011/02/04/question-whats-behind-opinion.html
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 08:55:01 pm »

Put it on the muche.  That's where RR needs the backup.
Report Spam   Logged
betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 09:23:16 pm »

hmm...

i know...not why i am here yet...so...bare with me....doh

is this some kind of across bored something or another....

is lilmike...why is lilmike here...nevermind....why am i here....its the island,i know

but really...and why does paul need back up...back up where....for what

i haven't been able to gain outside access yet...have you..?

how many others are there...

boy i so missed this train....what fucking year is it...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: