Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
April 19, 2024, 03:25:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Rand Paul trying to stop the ironically named Patriot Act.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rand Paul trying to stop the ironically named Patriot Act.  (Read 301 times)
44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« on: May 25, 2011, 10:06:51 am »

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/55547.html

“I think it would be a huge mistake,” Feinstein told reporters. If somebody wants to take on their shoulders not having provisions in place which are necessary to protect the United States at this time, that’s a big, big weight to bear.”
It is great when a Dem uses the ole fear monger arguement.
I guess Rand talks the Libertarian talk and walks the Libertarian walk. Any Tea Partier who votes for the extension is no Libertarian. I would like to disclose, I do like some of the thing the "Paul Boys" stand for and some I think is bat shit crazy. This is one stand I do like.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty. --Ben Franklin

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 12:51:51 pm »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  There are some things the Paul's say that catch me and make me go, "Ya know, I'm down with that"...and THEN...they straight up pull an Aunt Lucy and start eating crayons and talking to picture frames.

I guess in over-the-top-ville lies the occasional profound nugget...it's just the rest of the crazy I'd wish they'd loose.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 09:02:53 pm »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  There are some things the Paul's say that catch me and make me go, "Ya know, I'm down with that"...and THEN...they straight up pull an Aunt Lucy and start eating crayons and talking to picture frames.

I guess in over-the-top-ville lies the occasional profound nugget...it's just the rest of the crazy I'd wish they'd loose.

I think Liberals have a lot in common with Libertarians.. more so than Conservatives do anyway..

think about it... they both want Gov out of their bedrooms, they both want gov't out of their doctor's office, they both want gov't out of their 'weed/drugs'.. neither want wire-taps/rendition/pat act/war and we're both pretty certain we like our privacy as a whole... we both want the right to live our lives without the gov't or our neighbors, telling us what we can and can't do... I'm fairly certain we both are against that whole 'eminent domain' shit.. just to name a few

the GOP is all about getting Gov't to do all of that stuff and then some.. so how is it that Libertarian's are in their camp?  Because of social programs? well, ok.. but I'd still rather give a poor guy food stamps than have the gov't secretly wire-tap him,make his sexual proclivities illegal and take his ancestral land and put a walmart on it...

Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: