Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 07:33:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE NOW HAVE A "GRIN" OR "GROAN" FEATURE UNDER THE KARMA.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A Get Well story for Howey

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Get Well story for Howey  (Read 673 times)
FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Webmaster Search Windows User
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:55:29 am »

LATEST UPDATE: Democratic Assemblyman John Wisniewski says Christie 'crossed the line'
TRENTON — Gov. Chris Christie arrived at his son's baseball game this afternoon aboard a State Police helicopter.

Right before the lineup cards were being exchanged on the field, a noise from above distracted the spectators as the 55-foot long helicopter buzzed over trees in left field, circled the outfield and landed in an adjacent football field. Christie disembarked from the helicopter and got into a black car with tinted windows that drove him about a 100 yards to the baseball field.

Gov. Christie exits a New Jersey State Police helicopter in Wayne in this file photo. Today he took a brand-new helicopter to his son's high school baseball game.

During the 5th inning, Christie and First Lady Mary Pat Christie got into the car, rode back to the helicopter and left the game. During a pitching change, play was stopped for a couple of minutes while the helicopter took off.

Christie's eldest son, Andrew, was the starting catcher for Delbarton High School, in Morris Township. The governor played the same position of catcher when he was in high school.

The game was being held at St. Joseph Regional High School in Montvale in Bergen County. Christie watched the game from the stands, flanked by State Police security guards.

"It is a means of transportation that is occasionally used as the schedule demands," said Christie spokesman Michael Drewniak in an email. "This has historically been the case in prior administrations as well, and we continue to be judicious in limiting its use."

The governor had no public events on his schedule, offering no insight to where he might have been traveling from. He had a private meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Drumthwacket, the governor's mansion, in Princeton. He is meeting with a group of Iowa donors who have publically expressed a desire to persuade him to run for president in 2012.

Christie was ferried to the field in a brand-new AugustaWestland helicopter, purchased at a cost to taxpayers of $12.5 million.

The State Police has received two of the five helicopters purchased so far, according to testimony from Attorney General Paula Dow during a May budget hearing. They were purchased to replace aging Sikorsky helicopters that the State Police have flown for about two decades.

The helicopters, which can reach nearly 200 miles per hour with its twin turbo-shaft engines, are designed for homeland security duties and transporting critically injured patients.
By Ginger Gibson and Donald J. Brower/Statehouse bureau
Chris Baxter and Chris Megerian contributed to this report.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/gov_christie_arrives_at_sons_h.html
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 11:57:22 am by FooFa » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Webmaster Search Windows User
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 12:02:45 pm »

The State Police has received two of the five helicopters purchased so far, according to testimony from Attorney General Paula Dow during a May budget hearing.
lolcat contributed to this story
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 12:04:33 pm »

all in a day of a fiscal conservative..

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 12:59:23 pm »

I was hoping for a picture of Weiner's weiner.

Question: What was Anthony Weiner's slogan when he was running for student gov't in college?

"Vote for Weiner. He's frank."
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 04:45:59 pm »

Ya know...someday maybe these idiots -political party notwithstanding - will grow the balls to just man up and say "Hey. I fucked up" and reimburse the State for their massive stupidity for using state helicopters to go see your fatass son play ball. As opposed to attacking the news organizations with stuff like "Oh, it's ok because we train state troopers on those helicopters"..
WTF?

While I'm bitching...what the hell is with the mass stupidity of our country letting Sarah P go on fucking vacation with goddam PAC money?

Ponderous...
Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 05:44:17 pm »

While I'm bitching...what the hell is with the mass stupidity of our country letting Sarah P go on fucking vacation with goddam PAC money?

Ponderous...

People spend their money as they wish.  Where one donates to cancer research or a help center for disadvantaged kids...another will donate to a political party, NRA, or putting together funds for a mud wrestling contest.  Not that any of these preclude cross pollination.  Whatever you feel is worthy.

With that said...

...Biggest...Grift...Evah!
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 06:05:54 pm »

People spend their money as they wish.  Where one donates to cancer research or a help center for disadvantaged kids...another will donate to a political party, NRA, or putting together funds for a mud wrestling contest.  Not that any of these preclude cross pollination.  Whatever you feel is worthy.

With that said...

...Biggest...Grift...Evah!

Aren't PAC's for funds for a campaign? If that's the case, why is she using campaign funds to finance the Down's Syndrome Abstinenance across America bus trip?

Oh. She hasn't announced yet.

Suckahs!

I believe it's time lilMike pays up...
Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 06:57:02 pm »

Aren't PAC's for funds for a campaign? If that's the case, why is she using campaign funds to finance the Down's Syndrome Abstinenance across America bus trip?

Oh. She hasn't announced yet.

Suckahs!

I believe it's time lilMike pays up...

She's represents, so very well, the mindset that insists..."if they're gonna keep on giving it to me, I'm gonna take it."

P.T. Barnum wasn't just a showman...he was a friggin prophet.
Report Spam   Logged
44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 08:26:14 pm »

So Howey what ails ya?
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 08:30:16 pm »

So Howey what ails ya?
Pneumonia. Or it was.
Report Spam   Logged

44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 09:04:14 pm »

Pneumonia. Or it was.
Glad you are doing better.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 08:41:50 am »

Glad you are doing better.

Thankee kindly...

It appears as if the management of said hospital decided to release the mo yesterday evening...

As a word of appreciation to my fans who missed me while under the weather I thank you...

and a heartfelt fuck you to those who threw rocks my way...

And a special thankee to jb who finally waited until I got out of the hospital to give me flowers...

Guess they're cheaper that way...

Now to find my missing dog...

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: