Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 29, 2024, 07:17:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE NOW HAVE A "GRIN" OR "GROAN" FEATURE UNDER THE KARMA.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

I'd sign up..

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd sign up..  (Read 536 times)
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: June 09, 2011, 09:02:38 pm »

First therapeutic study of LSD in 35 years finishes treatment of last subject
psychiatrists in Switzerland have nearly completed their study of LSD-assisted psychotherapy in the treatment of anxiety associated with life threatening illnesses.

The study is the first of its kind to be undertaken in 35 years. Although most people associate the psychedelic drug LSD with the hippie counterculture of the 1960's, psychiatrists had been studying the use of LSD as an aid to psychological therapy before it was federally banned in the United States in 1968.

Peter Gasser, M.D., a psychiatrist and lead investigator of the study, said in a letter (PDF) to friends and colleagues that "all the 12 participants reported a benefit from the treatment." The study was begun in 2007 after being approved by Swiss legal authorities and the final LSD-assisted psychotherapy session was completed on May 26.

"I am proud to say that we had in 30 sessions (22 with full dose 200 μg LSD and 8 with placebo dose 20 μg LSD) no severe side effects such as psychotic experiences or suicidal crisis or flashbacks or severe anxieties (bad trips)," Gasser wrote in his letter. "That means that we can show that LSD treatment can be safe when it is done in a carefully controlled clinical setting."

Participants reactions to the LSD-assisted psychotherapy ranged from feeling that they were more aware of what was important and meaningful in life to being more relaxed toward everything that happened to them. Only two of the 12 participants had previously taken LSD.

more
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/06/09/first-clinical-study-of-lsd-in-35-years-finishes-treatment-of-last-subject/

back in the day.. I really, uh... enjoyed a good trip.

ya know..

to the store.. *wink*
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:23:08 pm »

i didn't read it...seen LSD and skipped right over...

was it worth the read ?

the easiest route to get deep down the rabbit hole is by eating pot...so to speak

yep...fuck smoking...although that buzz is pleasent and managable...i'm talking about

going deep down into the rabbit hole...second on my list of the only way i go down the

rabbit hole is via shrooms...while i do not advocate everyone should do it...or even try it...

if they so chose...find a shaman to provide guidance and experience on the journey...

Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:28:16 pm »

I found out if Flori-duh ever passes a version of Medical Jamba...I'm first on the list.  I bet people will suddenly start calling again...d'oh.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 09:30:22 pm »

i didn't read it...seen LSD and skipped right over...

was it worth the read ?

eh.. nothing earth-shattering.. just that they think they can prove it's a good treatment for the mentally ill..

the easiest route to get deep down the rabbit hole is by eating pot...so to speak

yep...fuck smoking...although that buzz is pleasent and managable...i'm talking about

going deep down into the rabbit hole...second on my list of the only way i go down the

rabbit hole is via shrooms...while i do not advocate everyone should do it...or even try it...

if they so chose...find a shaman to provide guidance and experience on the journey...

don't like weed... never have.

shrooms are ok..

but a good 'tab' is priceless..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 09:33:00 pm »

eh.. nothing earth-shattering.. just that they think they can prove it's a good treatment for the mentally ill..

don't like weed... never have.

shrooms are ok..

but a good 'tab' is priceless..

Everything can't be for everyone...
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 10:51:26 am »

I've recently (since the hospital stay) renewed a relationship with Xanny the Nanny, IYKWIM...

and yes, that's one of my theories on the Casey case, even tho I don't give a shit about it.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

FooFa
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Webmaster Search Windows User
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 11:28:39 am »

I'm mostly glad to have had the experiences I've had. Before blotter and sugar cube and however else they distribute acid, I had a purple microdot back in '79. It might have been pure mescaline. Just the perspective alone that it can give is inexplicable. I'm through with that phase of experimentation except for I have done shrooms several times over the last couple years.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: