Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 04:29:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Florida Gov. JarJar Binks Thread...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Florida Gov. JarJar Binks Thread...  (Read 4644 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 12:40:39 pm »

Howie here's more of your 'disenfranchisement'.. only it's JarJar's version...page 2

coming from a guy who took a fine of $1.7b instead of trial,  this would be entertaining if it was another state.. it's almost like the whole King <3's the IRA terrorists while investigating all Muslims just in case one of them might not turn in a terrorist....

If it hadn't been for his unlimited funds thanks to the poor and elderly of America he'd be on the outside looking in right now.

Trying to ask Gov. Alex Sink for his civil rights back.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2011, 06:50:16 pm »

I have every confidence in the world on that. Just trying to help...but. Are you saying that the Governor's unaware of a policy set forth by a Department directly under his supervision?

I bet the governor, any governor, is unaware of most of the policies in the various state departments.  This becomes a Scott issue if he instigated the policy.  Still waiting on the link...
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2011, 07:46:59 pm »

Still waiting on the link...

Link? You didn't ask for a link.

I bet the governor, any governor, is unaware of most of the policies in the various state departments.  This becomes a Scott issue if he instigated the policy. 

Since Gov. Binks has ordered a review of all policies within his agencies, I suspect he'll find out soon enough. Funny how he hasn't put an end to this practice, though, isn't it?

=========================

After doing some checking, I think this whole topic should be moved to FooFa's Conspiratory Theories. We should have known considering the source*.

The link used for the source is a video from a TV station in Tampa.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid35214809001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAACCtbLTE~,Euz3dgEqY7FO41McJges-UDcgJmMTpjJ&bctid=811113109001

What's not said is that it's from 2008. Incredibly, neither the station or the web has any other information about this...other than a hell of a lot of conspiracy theorist sites, including Alex Jones and your beloved WND.

I'm sure the source* got the link from his favorite extreme right wing teabagger radio station.

Y'all fell for it!

*If you don't know who the source is, send me a PM.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2011, 09:22:13 am »

Scott's (Maxwell) right. Occasionally the people do win one! (Emphasis mine)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-scott-maxwell-golf-parks-031311-20110312,0,3970040,full.column

Every once in a while, the people win one.

Such was the case last week when one of this year's goofiest pieces of legislation went down in flames.

The idea — to turn state parkland into golf courses, bars and hotels — went from being introduced by one of the most powerful senators in Florida on one Friday to dead the next.

Its ill-fated journey involved the media, the residents of this state and two of America's most famous golfers, competing again for the first time in years … only this time in the political arena.

It started March 5, when I got a text message from a legislator. "Did you see the bill from Thrasher to build golf courses on state park lands?" it asked.

"The state wouldn't even sell off the land to make money (a bad idea also), but literally issue bonds to build golf course resorts (hotel, clubhouse, etc.) on park lands!"

It sounded so silly, it was hard to believe. And yet, when I returned home and looked it up, there it was: Senate Bill 1846.

Veteran politician John Thrasher, former head of the Republican Party of Florida, wanted to develop golf resorts inside at least five state parks.

Never mind that Florida already has such a glut of courses that many have gone bankrupt. Never mind that others are struggling — and would've had to compete with these new ones.

The state senator from St. Augustine wanted more golf courses.

And he wanted his friend Jack Nicklaus to be the only one to design them.

The legislation specifically excluded other designers and PGA pros with a clause that said every course "must be designed by Jack Nicklaus."

So much for free-market enterprise.

But Thrasher didn't stop there. He also wanted to give the courses the right to have hotels and bars — even if local laws otherwise would have prohibited liquor sales.

And he wanted taxpayers to underwrite the whole thing by issuing bonds.

Yes, during a session where lawmakers are talking about cutting funding to veterans, schools, the disabled and the sick, they were also asking taxpayers to help Nicklaus finance fancy new golf courses.

It didn't look as if any media had reported on the bill. So March 6, I typed it up on my blog.

The reaction was swift. Everyone hated it.

Readers described it as a betrayal of the public trust. Environmentalists, led by the Audubon Society, called it an assault on what should have been protected land. And supporters of the free market blasted it as a painfully obvious attempt to rig a business deal in an already overdeveloped industry.

As the week wore on, the story gained momentum.

Several newspapers blasted the idea. The Sentinel wrote a particularly blistering editorial, simply headlined: "Worst. Idea. Ever."

Radio stations picked up the gauntlet as well. Here in Orlando, popular afternoon host Jim Philips was particularly worked up. The patriarch at 104.1 FM urged his listeners to write Nicklaus and tell him that, if he proceeded with this plan, he would tarnish his legacy.

The pressure was building.

But then on Friday morning, one of Nicklaus' oldest friends may have delivered the fatal blow.

It was Arnold Palmer — a hometown hero to many in Orlando.

I called Palmer, and his design company issued a statement saying that, although it likes the idea of using golf to promote tourism, "there are alternative options than using our state parks for 'new' golf course development."

And even if the state did proceed, Palmer's company didn't think much of the state giving Nicklaus a monopoly, saying: "We also would hope that all the well-respected golf course architects who call Florida home are given an opportunity to bid on design …"

That statement was published late Friday morning. By Friday afternoon, the proposal was dead.

Glad it's over.

With the balls of the entire state in the hands of an irresponsible legislature and criminal governor, I have to wonder how many more bills like this will be introduced this session?
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2011, 10:38:23 am »

Link? You didn't ask for a link.

I asked for some sort of evidence that this was the Scott's policy.  So far, you've not even tried to provide any link between the two.

Since Gov. Binks has ordered a review of all policies within his agencies, I suspect he'll find out soon enough. Funny how he hasn't put an end to this practice, though, isn't it?

=========================

After doing some checking, I think this whole topic should be moved to FooFa's Conspiratory Theories. We should have known considering the source*.

The link used for the source is a video from a TV station in Tampa.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid35214809001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAACCtbLTE~,Euz3dgEqY7FO41McJges-UDcgJmMTpjJ&bctid=811113109001

What's not said is that it's from 2008. Incredibly, neither the station or the web has any other information about this...other than a hell of a lot of conspiracy theorist sites, including Alex Jones and your beloved WND.

I'm sure the source* got the link from his favorite extreme right wing teabagger radio station.

Y'all fell for it!

*If you don't know who the source is, send me a PM.  Wink

What exactly did I fall for?
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 10:47:59 am »

I knew all along it wasn't Scott's policy since the video was from 2008. I was perplexed why all the outrage over this all of a sudden...

We all, here and elsewhere, fell for this as a real news story as opposed to a manufactured conspiracy theory by the crazy right wingers who pray before Alex Jones and WND. Me, not so much, since I took the time to investigate the video the first day I saw it elsewhere. That's why I posted it here.

I still just can't understand the promulgated outrage over a supposed policy that, if true, would have had to been initiated by a Republican appointee at the least. Normally when these things happen the target of the supposed outrage is a Democrat. I just don't see how the perpetrators of this could have blamed a supposed policy on a dem.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 09:10:02 pm »

I knew all along it wasn't Scott's policy since the video was from 2008. I was perplexed why all the outrage over this all of a sudden...

If true (that you knew all along), then you deliberately tried to pass off a story you knew was misleading for the purpose of falsly slandering Scott.

Somehow, I'm about as shocked as finding out there's gambling going on in Rick's Cafe.

We all, here and elsewhere, fell for this as a real news story as opposed to a manufactured conspiracy theory by the crazy right wingers who pray before Alex Jones and WND. Me, not so much, since I took the time to investigate the video the first day I saw it elsewhere. That's why I posted it here.

I still just can't understand the promulgated outrage over a supposed policy that, if true, would have had to been initiated by a Republican appointee at the least. Normally when these things happen the target of the supposed outrage is a Democrat. I just don't see how the perpetrators of this could have blamed a supposed policy on a dem.  Undecided

Well I wasn't promulgating outrage over the policy, you were, to blame on a 'pub.  You are doing a poor job of trying to twist this around.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 09:16:14 pm »

If true (that you knew all along), then you deliberately tried to pass off a story you knew was misleading for the purpose of falsly slandering Scott.

Somehow, I'm about as shocked as finding out there's gambling going on in Rick's Cafe.

Well I wasn't promulgating outrage over the policy, you were, to blame on a 'pub.  You are doing a poor job of trying to twist this around.

Huh. I thought I was wondering why all the right wing kooks were focusing on a made-up story and trying to place the blame on a right wing government conspiracy. Something just wasn't right about it.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2011, 12:39:25 pm »

Pill Mills:

Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2011, 12:58:24 pm »

If you attempt to run the Government, strictly as a Corp...the fat that gets trimmed, the bean counters who hand out pink slips...do so...to the people that the Government is suppose to represent and make life better for.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2011, 06:14:48 pm »

right wing government conspiracy

Like THIS?

Governor Rick Scott wants to deregulate the health care industry, privatize Medicaid and end medical malpractice lawsuits…. All of which could benefit his former company Solantic Urgent Care. But Scott signed over his ownership in Solantic to his wife so technically he’s not breaking any laws… but critics say he’s too close to Solantic for comfort. Scott was asked today if he saw a conflict of interest. He dodged the question.

“Everything that I want to accomplish in health care in Florida is basically what I’ve believed all my life. I believe in the principal that if he have competition it will drive down prices. If you have more choices it’s better for the consumer, also it will help to drive down price,” said Scott.

Scott quit the Solantic Board of Directors shortly before running for governor in 2010 and reportedly hasn’t been in contact with Solantic execs since then.

Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2011, 07:22:13 pm »

Gee. At least he didn't take the Fifth. He just ignored the reporter who asked him about the Solantic ties.

More...

Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2011, 10:17:43 pm »

Huh. I thought I was wondering why all the right wing kooks were focusing on a made-up story and trying to place the blame on a right wing government conspiracy. Something just wasn't right about it.

Wow... you bring up the story, try to pin it on Scott, now claim you knew all along that it was an old story, and now you are blaming right wing kooks for it?

I agree that something isn't right!

Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2011, 12:18:47 pm »

Wow... you bring up the story, try to pin it on Scott, now claim you knew all along that it was an old story, and now you are blaming right wing kooks for it?

I agree that something isn't right!

RIF. I'll let you find it. Wink Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2011, 04:55:14 pm »

Like THIS?

are you fucking kidding me?

his wife? but he has no ties?

wtf?

is this what the tea-party meant?

this just proves those people are fools..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: