Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
April 18, 2024, 03:10:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Maverick is back being all Maverickee

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Maverick is back being all Maverickee  (Read 624 times)
44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« on: July 28, 2011, 09:12:51 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/john-mccain-unloads-tea-party-200836239.html

The former Republican presidential candidate went on a tirade against conservative groups that are urging House members to reject Boehner's plan, and pulled a few lines from this morning's Wall Street Journal editorial which dismissed them as "tea party hobbits."

"The idea seems to be that if the House GOP refuses to raise the debt ceiling, a default crisis or gradual government shutdown will ensue, and the public will turn en masse against . . . . Barack Obama," McCain said, quoting the Journal article. "The Republican House that failed to raise the debt ceiling would somehow escape all blame. Then Democrats would have no choice but to pass a balanced-budget amendment and reform entitlements, and the tea-party Hobbits could return to Middle Earth having defeated Mordor."

"This is the kind of crack political thinking that turned Sharron Angle and Christine O'Donnell into GOP Senate nominees," McCain added, still reading from the article

Looks like maybe the GOP is regretting jumping in the sack with the Tea partiers. There bickering would be entertaining if they weren't out to destroy the country.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 09:25:36 am »

I read this yesterday elsewhere and got all giggly when I noticed that John reads our forum.

That is not fair to the American people to hold out and say we won't agree to raising the debt limit until we pass a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution," McCain said on the Senate floor today. "It's unfair, it's bizzaro. And maybe some people have only been in this body for six or seven months or so really believe that.
Report Spam   Logged

44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:33:52 am »

The Maverick on Sean Propagannity's show.

Propagannity is such a hack. The Maverick is trying to rationally solve the budget and all Propagannity wants to do is blame the president. I can't believe people watch this shit.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 10:47:48 am »

The Tea Party didn't cause the debt crisis, Obama and the Democrats did.

This is what pisses me off. (Like how I put the pub part in red and the dem part in blue?)

True. The Tea Party didn't cause the debt crisis. They're just exacerbating it to the point nobody, from the country down to you and me, will EVER GET ANY FUCKING CREDIT after Aug 2.

False. Obama and the Democrats did not create the debt crisis.

I'm so sick and fucking tired of hearing this from the Hannity's out there. GEORGE BUSH CREATED THE FUCKING DEBT CRISIS! What's sad is the unintelligent (read: his listeners) believe those words.

Where's ekg? She does enraged sooooo much better than moi.
Report Spam   Logged

44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 11:10:59 am »

This is what pisses me off. (Like how I put the pub part in red and the dem part in blue?)

True. The Tea Party didn't cause the debt crisis. They're just exacerbating it to the point nobody, from the country down to you and me, will EVER GET ANY FUCKING CREDIT after Aug 2.

I'm so sick and fucking tired of hearing this from the Hannity's out there. GEORGE BUSH CREATED THE FUCKING DEBT CRISIS! What's sad is the unintelligent (read: his listeners) believe those words.

That is what gets me. It is not like Obama walked into a balanced budget and screwed that up. Bush did but not Obama. It is like if you keep repeating the same lie, then eventually it becomes the truth.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 12:22:11 pm »

ekg can't take the lies and stupidity anymore.. The final (final-final) straw was watching Fox News blast the evil liberal media for daring to bring up that the Norway bomber was a right-wing christian. Fox is aghast that anyone could ever link him to Christianity because Christians don't kill people and because as Bill O claims, there just isn't a single shred of proof this guy was christian.. his 15,000 page manifesto with nothing but christian references and pictures, along with his Christian-themed power-point aside of course..Let's not forget their equal disdain towards the Liberals for thinking you could ever link all Christians together with the act of a single terrorist.. I mean, it's not like Muslims, where one act represents them all for God's sake...No, this is different than that and damn the liberals for saying anything different..
When added into the deficit debate, I've seen a huge shift in Fox's reality. While they've always been to the right of reality, now.. they are simply out and out lying and their party is more than just mimicking it here and there.. they are going to fucking TV after presidential addresses to give their own address to country that is full of lies and deceit..and no one is calling them on it! Because to do so makes that person 'partisan' and a liberal-media-shill.. Thank you Sarah Palin for that!

Here's a great article from TIME
http://swampland.time.com/2011/07/27/still-true-today-frequently-forgotten-facts-of-the-debt-debate/

that would simply be laughed at on Fox news.. which in turn would be picked up by their party and laughed at.. even though it's verifiable facts, one side of this country's political system and it's 'news organization' have decided that lies and deceit work better for them because that is what their members and viewers want more than anything else..

sadly, every Rep I admired in some-way a few years ago, has fallen into the same 'liars-rut'.. I don't know of a single one anymore that I can call 'honest' in any way..

I can understand why a Dem can't get a single thing done anymore, since they are working against a party who is not above lying,deceiving, photo-shopping and editing reality.. nor is that side interested in any way in helping this country IF it means Obama might just get a point or two in his approval rating.. what I don't understand is how, as a country, we have not just allowed it, but encouraged and demanded this kind of behavior and have dissuaded the media from even bringing it up?
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 12:39:56 pm »

Did Fox even carry Jay Carney's news conference this morning?
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 12:48:13 pm »

Did Fox even carry Jay Carney's news conference this morning?

idk

why
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »

They're in so deep now, that even if behind the scenes a contingent of them are finally understanding the idiocy and destructiveness of what they're inflexible approach to reality is doing, they won't back down.  They can't. They're grown men and women having a, "I call shotgun!", tantrum, unfortunately, it's at our and the countries expense. Everything they "think" they are, they stand for, is tainted if they don't take that dare and jump off the roof...and I have every confidence they will.  

They set a reality free, ideologically based bar, so fuckin high...that ANY compromise is party and "principal" treason.  Party First, under the misguided notion that since it's for the common good (whether people like it or not) what that REALLY means is...Country first..."through the party."  
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: