Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 06:26:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WE NOW HAVE A "GRIN" OR "GROAN" FEATURE UNDER THE KARMA.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 430 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: August 11, 2011, 06:57:58 pm »

In case none of you have noticed...scratch that...

In case any of you drop by here for more than a millisecond...

We've been getting a lot of traffic on here. A hell of a lot of traffic. Not bots, real honest to goodness people.

I've been Tweeting and putting a link on FB to our posts when I feel they're interesting. I'm getting a tremendous response from Twitter, as well as comments from those who retweet my tweets to their tweeps so they can retweet my tweets to their tweeps. Comprende?

Anyhow, one of the most resonating comments I get is: "Why should I join the forum if you're the only one posting?"

Point well made. duh.

So I've decided to resurrect my blog with a new look and a new attitude. From now on my new topics will also appear there for those who don't want to sit and stare at the vast wasteland that this place has become.

For right now, we'll see how that goes.  Wink Hopefully, things here will pick up when summer ends, otherwise this place can go the way of the Dodo, I guess.  Cry

And I'm really, really, really pissed we don't have enough people to play Survivor!.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:13:00 pm »

Anyhow, one of the most resonating comments I get is: "Why should I join the forum if you're the only one posting?"

Point well made. duh.

no...not a 'point well made'.. a point that makes no sense IMO.... why not start a conversation when they're here? If they read and reply to your tweets how hard is it to do the same thing here?

I don't know how to drive traffic here.. I don't do any 'social media'.. but I have no problem talking to anyone who starts a conversation. I don't know that they're here since I don't 'tweet'.. so I can't really start the convo myself can I? So that onus is really on them...  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:19:31 pm »

no...not a 'point well made'.. a point that makes no sense IMO.... why not start a conversation when they're here? If they read and reply to your tweets how hard is it to do the same thing here?

I don't know how to drive traffic here.. I don't do any 'social media'.. but I have no problem talking to anyone who starts a conversation. I don't know that they're here since I don't 'tweet'.. so I can't really start the convo myself can I? So that onus is really on them...  Undecided

I think the point they're trying to make is "We already know where you're (me) coming from so why should we sign up if you're the only one saying stuff?"
Report Spam   Logged

betteroffhere
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Level 6 Nineth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:23:13 pm »

In case none of you have noticed...scratch that...

In case any of you drop by here for more than a millisecond...

We've been getting a lot of traffic on here. A hell of a lot of traffic. Not bots, real honest to goodness people.

I've been Tweeting and putting a link on FB to our posts when I feel they're interesting. I'm getting a tremendous response from Twitter, as well as comments from those who retweet my tweets to their tweeps so they can retweet my tweets to their tweeps. Comprende?

Point well made. duh.

So I've decided to resurrect my blog with a new look and a new attitude. From now on my new topics will also appear there for those who don't want to sit and stare at the vast wasteland that this place has become.

For right now, we'll see how that goes.  Wink Hopefully, things here will pick up when summer ends, otherwise this place can go the way of the Dodo, I guess.  Cry

And I'm really, really, really pissed we don't have enough people to play Survivor!.

expectations....ebb and flow....ups and downs...

twitter is the new chat...the best free media device shit going ... forums are fading...or specialized...

marketing...its how you go about marketing your product...of course...your product is important too !!

define your goal...develope a product that has potential...market it correctly....

what is that you or ekg or whomever wanted from this place ?

i asked early on what the mission statement was and got no response...

you might need to link twit everyone you can find that isn't of your position....

you don't have to follow them....just find a few and blast all their followers and the people they follow....

the contacts and connection are fucking limitless...

and in your post on here point out how much the other sides is pussies for not taking a stand

or offering a rebuttal...over and over in each thread....they'll get fire up soon enough....

but...be careful what you wish for !!!!

i's still like to see somekind of mission statement....cause i don't wanna see it go...

maybe just an adjustment in what is expected and how to use the tools potential properly for the most

impact on acheiving the stated goal...like the government....needs to due !...

trim some fat...condense...scrap...recycle to another location...

fung shway this bitch a lil...
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 09:25:05 pm »

I think the point they're trying to make is "We already know where you're (me) coming from so why should we sign up if you're the only one saying stuff?"

Meh...that still doesn 't sound right. How do you like the look of the blog, kel?
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 09:12:11 pm »

Meh...that still doesn 't sound right. How do you like the look of the blog, kel?

It 'popped' when I first saw it..that's for damn sure.. Grin  I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but after reading the 'asshole of the day', I liked the new look. I also like the 'quickie' type comment/blog.. Oddly enough for the last few weeks that's exactly what I've been thinking about doing. Instead of the 'long' blog.. just something quick and to the point..

well done. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 09:14:31 pm »

It 'popped' when I first saw it..that's for damn sure.. Grin  I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but after reading the 'asshole of the day', I liked the new look. I also like the 'quickie' type comment/blog.. Oddly enough for the last few weeks that's exactly what I've been thinking about doing. Instead of the 'long' blog.. just something quick and to the point..

well done. Smiley

Danke.

Wanna join moi? Lots of those Twitter followers are asking about ya.  Wink

I wanted to add to the above. It seems like a lot of the comments I get via Twitter are like my blog...short and to the point. I'll post a few of them tomorrow.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 09:17:51 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: