Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 29, 2024, 05:27:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: OUR POLITIKAL SECTION IS A TROLL FREE AREA. ACT ACCORDINGLY.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A US ambassador and three others are killed...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A US ambassador and three others are killed...  (Read 3604 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2012, 01:28:25 am »

Ol Mitt's got some deeeeep pockets!
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2012, 08:04:27 am »

something about this story... kinda creeps me out and pisses me off and makes me rolls my eyes at the same time..

let's file this under...'the on-going pursuit to make himself seem human...'

my thoughts in purple..

Romney knew ex-SEAL slain in Benghazi

Des Moines, Iowa (CNN) - Mitt Romney knew one of the former Navy SEALs killed in this year's Sept. 11 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, he told an Iowa audience Tuesday.

The GOP presidential nominee choked up as he described meeting the man his campaign confirmed was Glen Doherty, who was killed in the Libya attack.(of course he choked up, but did he lose the smirk?..)

"We had a lot of things in common," Romney said of Doherty, recalling the two had skied at some of the same places, and that when they met Doherty had discussed his care and concern for people he had met working in the Middle East. "You can imagine how I felt when I found out that he was one of the two former Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi on Sept. 11th." (I'm sorry, but just saying he 'skied' with someone sound hoity-tioty coming from him. and I imagine he pissed himself with the opportunity to use this death in his campaign when he told by staffers that he met the guy once)

Romney only recently learned for certain that Doherty was the same man he had met at a party in La Jolla, California, a campaign spokesman said.(and he ran out and told a crowd the second he did)

Reminiscing on a windy Tuesday in Iowa, Romney cited reports on CNN International that Doherty had left a safe location to rush to the aid of the consulate under attack last month.

"They didn't hunker down where they were in safety – they rushed there to go help," Romney said, tying that spirit to his candidacy. "This is the American way – we go where there's trouble. We go where we're needed. And right now we're needed."
..(is he really comparing himself with AND politicizing this persons death in such a blatant way, and no doubt with that fucking smirk on his face?)

The two men met under unlikely – and humorous – circumstances, Romney said. Several years ago he and his wife Ann headed out for a neighborhood party but did not confirm the address on their invitation.

"We went over, knocked on the door, they let us in 'good to see you' when we came in," Romney said. "We had dinner together and got our pictures with everyone."

"Turns out, this wasn't the neighborhood party," he continued, to laughter from the audience. "This was a family having a party with their friends all right?"(ah hah aha hah.. you home invaded someone at a 'neighborhood' party you just happened to stumble upon..ah gov, aren't you just the Jim Dandy)

the whole thing seems sooo..... Pat Tillman,erroneous propaganda material,used to make him seem more like the little people..-ish.

Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2012, 10:46:15 am »

something about this story... kinda creeps me out and pisses me off and makes me rolls my eyes at the same time..

let's file this under...'the on-going pursuit to make himself seem human...'

my thoughts in purple..

the whole thing seems sooo..... Pat Tillman,erroneous propaganda material,used to make him seem more like the little people..-ish.

Using the death of someone for political gain. How Mitt.
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2012, 06:39:04 pm »

Using the death of someone for political gain. How Mitt.

Why, yes it is Howey!
On Tuesday, Romney spoke to supporters in Iowa, recalling a chance encounter with a former Navy SEAL while mistakenly attending a Christmas party in San Diego a few years ago.

“I met some remarkable people, one of whom was a former Navy SEAL," Romney said. "I just learned a few days ago that he was one of the two former Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi. It broke my heart.”

Romney didn't directly provide Doherty's name, but his campaign later confirmed his identity. He was one of four Americans, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens, killed during a violent assault on the consulate in Benghazi last month.

Boston's WHDH later reached out to Doherty's mother, Barbara, to get her reaction to Romney's campaign trail anecdote.

"I don't trust Romney. He shouldn't make my son's death part of his political agenda," she told WHDH. "It's wrong to use these brave young men, who wanted freedom for all, to degrade Obama.”

Doherty similarly decried the politicization of her son's death in an interview with the Boston Herald last month.

Glen Doherty's friend, Elf Ellefsen, also spoke with Seattle's KIRO, expressing similar disagreement with Romney's mention of his friend's death.

According to Ellefsen, Doherty found his exchange with Romney to be "insincere and stale."

"Mitt Romney approached him ultimately four times, using this private gathering as a political venture to further his image," Ellefsen told KIRO. "He kept introducing himself as Mitt Romney, a political figure. The same introduction, the same opening line ... [Doherty] said it was pathetic and comical to have the same person come up to you within only a half hour, have this person reintroduce himself to you, having absolutely no idea whatsoever that he just did this 20 minutes ago, and did not even recognize Glen's face."

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: