Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 01:58:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

A US ambassador and three others are killed...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A US ambassador and three others are killed...  (Read 3592 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2012, 05:53:24 pm »

How'd you get that picture to work?Huh?

yeah, we were all over that. Somehow, Jones is involved in this too.

The actors in the movie were probably hired from G'ville trailer parks and meth labs.
Report Spam   Logged

starla
Probationary

View Profile
Level 3 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2012, 06:07:12 pm »

How'd you get that picture to work?Huh?

yeah, we were all over that. Somehow, Jones is involved in this too.

The actors in the movie were probably hired from G'ville trailer parks and meth labs.

LOL, finally got imageshack to work. I just took a screen shot from twitter.

I have to give it to the commenter's on The Union Leader's website. For the most part the only comments I ever see on there are licking the Republican's butt's. BUT, the Liberals and Moderates of New Hampshire have made it a point to tell people that this was not Obama's fault and they have confidence in him.

But I am so over the conspiracy theories running rampant on facebook right now. One woman I ended up hiding went on a rant about how she was given a secret correspondence showing Obama made an executive order giving the film makers permission to release this movie so these problems would happen. Apparently it was deleted from her wall and she is now convinced Facebook is in cahoots with Obama and they are trying to silence her.

I swear to God I will end up for 20 friends when November rolls around.

And this isn't to say I'm against anyone who has a different opinion than me, I don't care about party affiliation. But when you start coming off like that lady is I'm not interested in reading that all day on the news feed.
Report Spam   Logged
starla
Probationary

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2012, 06:10:02 pm »

I did laugh when a woman on the UL site said if Bush had killed Osama he never would have bragged about it and wouldn't thump his chest about it. The hell he wouldn't, he wanted that kill. At least Obama gave credit where credit was due.
Report Spam   Logged
head of joaquin
Tourist

View Profile
Level 2 10 Posts Avatar
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 07:49:09 pm »

I did laugh when a woman on the UL site said if Bush had killed Osama he never would have bragged about it and wouldn't thump his chest about it. The hell he wouldn't, he wanted that kill. At least Obama gave credit where credit was due.

In that alternate reality, I can just see Bush's "Mission Accomplished Tour" which would have involved parades with Bin Laden mummified remains being dragged by pigs through the street.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 08:29:36 pm »

At least Obama knows how to use his game face. I've only seen him come out a few times with a smirk or smile, because the situation warranted it. Otherwise he has that look on his face like we fucked up and he has to "talk" to us about it, again, lol.

HA.. yes.

the Daily show had a thing last year or sometime that Obama would break up with us, if we didn't get our shit together.. LOL
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2012, 08:33:28 pm »

Nah...

he wouldn't have said shit, even with a mouth full of it.. *rollseyes*
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
starla
Probationary

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 02:42:10 pm »

I was called something today I have never been called before. A N Lover.

Backing up, I sent a message to a blogger on twitter after reading one of their articles. In the article they quoted The Daily Kos from 2004 when the owner Markos Moulitsas lamented that Bush didn't care about civilian contractors in Iraq. They took the quote and made it out in the article that it came from the left and it was a reflection of how the entire left felt.

I had to tell the person that they should have said where the quote came from instead of alluding it was recent. I mean Mr. Moulitsas would probably like to know he was being quoted somewhere so he could possibly comment on it. After that I started getting retweets of their response which was that they knew where it came from and who said it, and that they meant that most of the left thinks that way. Well, that's not what the article said, but whatever.

I laughed when I saw the comment from RangerWomen and thought, "when you're all out of things to call someone, use the N card. She went on a rant about Obama knowing in advance about the Libya killings and ended it with telling him he was a N and no one would vote for him in November. Then she called me a N lover.

Now, this being the first time I've been called this, and the fact that I didn't care, I laughed. So I sat back for a few hours and went back to what I was doing before. Just now I thought, you know what, I bet my followers would love to see that. Unfortunately, she deleted it. I guess she either went back to bed and thought about it, or someone told her that wasn't cool. Either way I'm sad my followers wouldn't get to see that gem. My friend and I would have laughed at that one for a while.

It's my fault for seeing BS and deciding I was brave enough to step in a pack of rabid dogs without catching rabies.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2012, 05:35:07 pm »

RangerWomen

Ranger Woman? What kind of woman calls herself that? Does she wear lots of flannel?
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2012, 05:40:48 pm »

FactCheck finally takes on Mitt....and it's not looking good.

Mitt Romney claims the Obama administration issued an “apology for American values” after U.S. embassies were attacked. Not true. Romney refers to a statement issued before mobs attacked either in Egypt or Libya, and faults U.S. diplomats for failing to condemn actions that hadn’t yet happened.

Furthermore, the word “sorry” or “apologize” doesn’t appear in the statement. Under the headline, “U.S. Embassy Condemns Religious Incitement,” the embassy in Cairo said, “Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy.”

Romney has falsely accused Obama of “apologizing for America” many times before. The line has been a dependable applause-getter with conservative audiences. But we found no basis for this claim in Obama’s previous speeches and remarks. And other fact-checkers came to similar conclusions.

More at the link.

Poor Mittens...does he have any credibility left?
Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »

The problem is...people go where they want the news to align with their preconceived or rigid positions/"beliefs."

Mitt can keep spouting the same thing over and over, because there's not a consensus among "news" outlets as to somethings validity or falseness.  If someone discovered that making 2+2=5 would lose President Obama his re-election bid...you can bet your ass some people would be hard at work trying to figure out how they could make voters believe it....and the "news" community as a whole, wouldn't call it out for the outright bullshit it is.

We left sense and sensibility behind a long time ago.  People bought into the "other side of the story" garbage (when it comes to factual matters) and corporations/media who could make a profitable model off of that insanity, ran with it all the way to profitville.

Journalists stopped fighting back. Hell, most of them stopped fighting altogether and just went with the money flow.

When you see "news organizations" giving 10 minutes to some nutjob on birtherism, because it's somehow the journalistically ethical thing to do?...We lost our way, big time.

This permeates so many news cycles and newspapers.  President Obama is not infallible, but some outlets try to push that.  President Obama is not a walking cluster fuck, but some outlets try to push that.

I mentioned the 2+2=5 thing earlier, because I had an argument with some dipshit (regarding the validity of Evolution) and their response was..."How do we KNOW 2+2=4? How do we truly know that?  That's what we've been led to believe for thousands of years...but what if that's wrong?"  I pointed out old and modern tech, architecture, medicine...hell anything that bases what they know/are on that simple equation being true and how even their cell phone or computer wouldn't work if it was wrong.  They're response posited that we'd PROBABLY STILL have everything I mentioned, regardless.  He can't imagine those things/items NOT existing, so the inevitability of their existence (was to him) a forgone conclusion...despite the reality of what it takes to make them...real.

THESE are the insane lunatics that have grabbed a hold of reason and are fucking it to death to create a world they feel more comfortable in.  To create a world where they have a voice and get to participate in serious discourse, whether they know what the fuck they're talking about or not.  They'll engage you in a robust discussion of Evolution, as long as they get to chime in and ask why monkeys aren't having humans.  God damnit!
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2012, 06:49:46 pm »

When you see "news organizations" giving 10 minutes to some nutjob on birtherism, because it's somehow the journalistically ethical thing to do?...We lost our way, big time.

That reminds me...l
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2012, 09:08:46 pm »

I was called something today I have never been called before. A N Lover.

Backing up, I sent a message to a blogger on twitter after reading one of their articles. In the article they quoted The Daily Kos from 2004 when the owner Markos Moulitsas lamented that Bush didn't care about civilian contractors in Iraq. They took the quote and made it out in the article that it came from the left and it was a reflection of how the entire left felt.

I had to tell the person that they should have said where the quote came from instead of alluding it was recent. I mean Mr. Moulitsas would probably like to know he was being quoted somewhere so he could possibly comment on it. After that I started getting retweets of their response which was that they knew where it came from and who said it, and that they meant that most of the left thinks that way. Well, that's not what the article said, but whatever.

I laughed when I saw the comment from RangerWomen and thought, "when you're all out of things to call someone, use the N card. She went on a rant about Obama knowing in advance about the Libya killings and ended it with telling him he was a N and no one would vote for him in November. Then she called me a N lover.

Now, this being the first time I've been called this, and the fact that I didn't care, I laughed. So I sat back for a few hours and went back to what I was doing before. Just now I thought, you know what, I bet my followers would love to see that. Unfortunately, she deleted it. I guess she either went back to bed and thought about it, or someone told her that wasn't cool. Either way I'm sad my followers wouldn't get to see that gem. My friend and I would have laughed at that one for a while.

It's my fault for seeing BS and deciding I was brave enough to step in a pack of rabid dogs without catching rabies.

next time tell them.. "No, I just love big cock!"

fucking retards...

Thank you for standing up for the left. I know that's not exactly where you stand.. but it was awesome of you to try and correct ignorance.. unfortunately, that's becoming such a full-time job for everyone these days that it's almost an impossible task..

Report Spam   Logged

starla
Probationary

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2012, 09:27:15 pm »

next time tell them.. "No, I just love big cock!"

fucking retards...

Thank you for standing up for the left. I know that's not exactly where you stand.. but it was awesome of you to try and correct ignorance.. unfortunately, that's becoming such a full-time job for everyone these days that it's almost an impossible task..

LOL, you know Mike told me I should have told her I like the black cock every night to get her head to explode. After I went through her profile though and saw the N word repeated and repeated on top of the conspiracy's she was spouting about I felt it better to report her, block her and feel sorry that she has come to that point in her life where she is so full of hate and racism.

You know, I'm an Independent, but I've seen the screw up's coming from the Right since 2004. I'm just not impressed with anything the Right has had to offer in a long time.

And Howey, yes, her handle is RangerWomen, not Woman, Women. But she certainly isn't speaking for anyone other than herself.

I love how I have a civil discussion with TweetyTeam and the stans have to resort to their crap to defend them, as if they were incapable of doing that themselves.

Honest to God this woman reminded me of the foster parent we can't stand. Sadly, I have to interact with him at the Christmas party this year. I can only hope Obama wins so I can have a tiny victory with that.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:30:05 pm by starla » Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2012, 09:38:28 pm »

LOL, you know Mike told me I should have told her I like the black cock every night to get her head to explode. After I went through her profile though and saw the N word repeated and repeated on top of the conspiracy's she was spouting about I felt it better to report her, block her and feel sorry that she has come to that point in her life where she is so full of hate and racism.

You know, I'm an Independent, but I've seen the screw up's coming from the Right since 2004. I'm just not impressed with anything the Right has had to offer in a long time.

And Howey, yes, her handle is RangerWomen, not Woman, Women. But she certainly isn't speaking for anyone other than herself.

I love how I have a civil discussion with TweetyTeam and the stans have to resort to their crap to defend them, as if they were incapable of doing that themselves.

Honest to God this woman reminded me of the foster parent we can't stand. Sadly, I have to interact with him at the Christmas party this year. I can only hope Obama wins so I can have a tiny victory with that.

I totally agree with MIke... Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

starla
Probationary

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2012, 01:14:50 am »

@cnnbrk: Egypt's prime ministers says "a number" of embassy protesters say they were paid http://t.co/mfiJXiXb
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: