Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 11:02:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Is Donald Trump a US citizen?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Donald Trump a US citizen?  (Read 443 times)
44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« on: March 29, 2011, 02:14:19 pm »

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0311/Trump_fails_to_produce_birth_certificate.html
It appears the birth certificate supplied by Trump is not an official one. I think Trump is trying to hide something. His mom is from Scotland, it makes me wonder.

That crashing sound you hear is Trumps presidential plans derailing. You bad haired dummy. You took the birther bait and just ailenated the moderates. The Donald needs to take my advice, if you want to be considered a real candidate, don't take the birther bait, there are about 5 other GOP hopefuls trying to get a slice of the birther pie vote.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

blindboytwitch
Probationary

View Profile
Karma Good Search Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 02:31:25 pm »

Well, technically, the birther debate could even continue to haunt Trump.  The hardliners approach is that it doesn't matter if Obama has a Hawaii BC because the father was a Kenyan national and their interpretation of the constitution is that a President has to be a "natural born" American citizen-- meaning both parents have to have been born in the US.  This issues has, of course, been spoken to by the Supreme Court through the years but it keeps raising it's head...... of course, Trump's a white guy so it's doubtful they will chase him down the path with torches but you never know....
Report Spam   Logged
lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 06:14:16 pm »

Well, technically, the birther debate could even continue to haunt Trump.  The hardliners approach is that it doesn't matter if Obama has a Hawaii BC because the father was a Kenyan national and their interpretation of the constitution is that a President has to be a "natural born" American citizen-- meaning both parents have to have been born in the US.  This issues has, of course, been spoken to by the Supreme Court through the years but it keeps raising it's head...... of course, Trump's a white guy so it's doubtful they will chase him down the path with torches but you never know....

I think the fact that Trump is not going to ever declare his candidacy will remove any hunt for the Trump birth certificate.  I think he is using these presidential hints as a way to promote his show.  After it completes it's run, we won't hear a thing about Trump the candidate again.

The weird thing is that the Republican field is so weak that Trumps points about China were actually wearing pretty well.  He almost could be a legit candidate if he stuck with that, but the birther stuff gets more publicity, which is why I think his candidacy is merely promotion for his show.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 06:35:40 pm »

I think the fact that Trump is not going to ever declare his candidacy will remove any hunt for the Trump birth certificate.  I think he is using these presidential hints as a way to promote his show.  After it completes it's run, we won't hear a thing about Trump the candidate again.

The weird thing is that the Republican field is so weak that Trumps points about China were actually wearing pretty well.  He almost could be a legit candidate if he stuck with that, but the birther stuff gets more publicity, which is why I think his candidacy is merely promotion for his show.

I always assumed that since Trump's show is on the NBC network, these rumors of a presidential run in 2012 were a mere smokescreen by the Obama administration and the liberal network to project republicans as extreme right wing buffoons with wild agendas only the crazy would love in order to deligitimize the republican party.

Now that's a conspiracy theory!
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 09:21:51 am »

I always assumed that since Trump's show is on the NBC network, these rumors of a presidential run in 2012 were a mere smokescreen by the Obama administration and the liberal network to project republicans as extreme right wing buffoons with wild agendas only the crazy would love in order to deligitimize the republican party.

don't make me move this thread now..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 09:38:48 am »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 02:26:09 pm »

Oh yeah?

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201103300049

"This is a mistake. It will marginalize [trump]. And he's falling for Barack Obama's trap. Barack Obama wants Republicans to fall into this trap, because he knows it discredits us with the vast majority of American people when they do."

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: