Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 29, 2024, 09:51:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Meet Caitlyn

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meet Caitlyn  (Read 600 times)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« on: June 01, 2015, 04:27:15 pm »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:00:13 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

paddymcdougall
Expats!
Noob

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Third year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 09:50:59 pm »

I love the name choice! and I'm very impressed how good she looks. Damn, I need Vanity Fair to take pictures of me!

So glad she's finally making it all public. I hope she has a good next stage of her life.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 11:46:15 am »

she looks great..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 11:48:19 am »

I can't believe she had everything chopped, smoothed, and stuffed at once
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 09:29:54 pm »

I can't believe she had everything chopped, smoothed, and stuffed at once

I did not know she'd done all that already. . I thought she had just had facial surgery to look more fem.

Huh...more power to her then Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 02:08:18 pm »

Indeed. I dislike how this is being touted as not normal. On the contrary, modern medicine has allowed for normalcy to be achieved in this instance, where biology came up short pairing a body, with a brain, that were in conflict.

It irks me when people think all norms are norms because that's the way it been and that's the way it has to stay. Some yes, some no. I also dislike when that line of thinking is taken to the absurd as an argument against changes.

"Daddy, why can't I just kill people that piss me off? Why do I have to go to jail for that?"

"I don't know son, that's just the way it is. I know it's not fair, but life is often not fair."

Just shut the fuck up.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 03:33:07 pm »

Indeed. I dislike how this is being touted as not normal. On the contrary, modern medicine has allowed for normalcy to be achieved in this instance, where biology came up short pairing a body, with a brain, that were in conflict.

It irks me when people think all norms are norms because that's the way it been and that's the way it has to stay. Some yes, some no. I also dislike when that line of thinking is taken to the absurd as an argument against changes.

"Daddy, why can't I just kill people that piss me off? Why do I have to go to jail for that?"

"I don't know son, that's just the way it is. I know it's not fair, but life is often not fair."

Just shut the fuck up.

I love it that the same people who demand we stay out of their business are the same ones demanding she's some kind of freak. I'm talking about the libertarians.

In other news, who is responsible for determining what is or is not "normal"?

Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 09:58:36 pm »

Normal can be several things, but I think in this instance it's what's widely accepted by the society and culture you live in. Unfortunately, normal, for a very long time, equated even non-harmful things as not normal. As long as the people, and the gov. supporting them, decided being gay was abnormal (i.e., harmful) whether anything or actual proofs ever supported that assertion, didn't matter...that was...the norm.

I'd like to think we're stepping into an age where more than imaginings, or a majority prejudice, gets to dictate and assign what's harmful. Where, "just 'cause", no longer gets credence, and where you damn well better be able to prove that something is actually harmful to society before you disenfranchise or suppress it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: