Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
March 28, 2024, 04:41:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Huckabee's "William Ayers"

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Huckabee's "William Ayers"  (Read 3564 times)
clc

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 08:05:06 pm »

I checked out the easy to find staff page of that church... Barton isn't listed. He was apparently a guest speaker. Not a pastor there, or an elder.

Edit: I found your link and his messages linked under "other speakers". Definitely not a pastor - just a guest speaker at that church.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:07:46 pm by clc » Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 08:11:04 pm »

I checked out the easy to find staff page of that church... Barton isn't listed. He was apparently a guest speaker. Not a pastor there, or an elder.

Edit: I found your link and his messages linked under "other speakers". Definitely not a pastor - just a guest speaker at that church.

I just checked it too. Apparently, his pulpit is the Wallbuilders. He's doing a tour of evangelical churches around the nation to "spread the word".

God help us. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 05:20:33 pm »

Why do you keep dodging around the essential issue?  If Wright was just a pastor that Obama had known, that wouldn't be an issue.  But Wright was Obama's pastor.

You initially claimed this guy was Huckabee's pastor.  He isn't.  Game over.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 06:04:49 pm »

Why do you keep dodging around the essential issue?  If Wright was just a pastor that Obama had known, that wouldn't be an issue.  But Wright was Obama's pastor.

You initially claimed this guy was Huckabee's pastor.  He isn't.  Game over.

But he is a major influence on Huckabee. For over twenty years. Just like you claimed Wright was to Obama.
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 08:32:57 pm »

But he is a major influence on Huckabee. For over twenty years. Just like you claimed Wright was to Obama.

That would be an easier argument to make if this guy was actually Huckabee's preacher, like you initially claimed.

Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 08:42:04 pm »

That would be an easier argument to make if this guy was actually Huckabee's preacher, like you initially claimed.

Ahhh...but it was Huckabee who said he was a major influence, preacher or not.

Twenty years ago...
Report Spam   Logged

lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 08:54:45 pm »

Ahhh...but it was Huckabee who said he was a major influence, preacher or not.

Twenty years ago...

Ahhh but it was you who said he was Huckabee's preacher.

When he's not.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 08:59:16 pm »

When he's not.

Ok Kazzbian Wink
Report Spam   Logged

44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 08:29:47 am »

I used to like Huckabee. I even pondered voting for the guy. He did a good job in Arkansas with education and budget. Seemed sane on his TV show but has gone full Sheen the last couple of months. It makes me wonder if he is pandering or was good at hiding it.
Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 08:36:06 am »

I used to like Huckabee. I even pondered voting for the guy. He did a good job in Arkansas with education and budget. Seemed sane on his TV show but has gone full Sheen the last couple of months. It makes me wonder if he is pandering or was good at hiding it.

Hey, he even had a rock band! I don't know what to think of him, especially after all these crazy stunts. I was leaning towards the pandering angle thinking he felt he had to match Palin, Bachmann and a few others; but after reading about this guy and their 20 year long relationship I think he's just been a closet crazy all these years.
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 10:29:09 am »

it look like he was good at hiding some things..

There's a Mike Huckabee mystery that won't go away.

Send a public records request seeking documents from his 12-year stint as Arkansas governor, as Mother Jones did recently, and an eyebrow-raising reply will come back: The records are unavailable, and the computer hard drives that once contained them were erased and physically destroyed by the Huckabee administration as the governor prepared to leave office and launch a presidential bid.

In 2007, during Huckabee's campaign for the GOP presidential nomination, the issue of the eradicated hard drives surfaced briefly, but it was never fully examined, and key questions remain. Why had Huckabee gone to such great lengths to wipe out his own records? What ever happened to a backup collection that was provided to a Huckabee aide?

Huckabee is now considering another presidential run, and if he does enter the race, he would do so as a frontrunner. Which would make the case of the missing records all the more significant. These records would shed light on Huckabee's governorship—and could provide insight into how a President Huckabee might run the country. Meanwhile, observers of Arkansas' political scene—including one of Huckabee's former GOP allies—say the episode is characteristic of a politician who was distrustful and secretive by nature.

In February, Mother Jones wrote to the office of Arkansas Gov. Mike Beebe seeking access to a variety of records concerning his predecessor's tenure, including Huckabee's travel records, calendars, call logs, and emails. Beebe's chief legal counsel, Tim Gauger, replied in a letter that "former Governor Huckabee did not leave behind any hard-copies of the types of documents you seek. Moreover, at that time, all of the computers used by former Governor Huckabee and his staff had already been removed from the office and, as we understand it, the hard-drives in those computers had already been 'cleaned' and physically destroyed."

He added, "In short, our office does not possess, does not have access to, and is not the custodian of any of the records you seek."

The person who may know the most about Huckabee's records—or lack of them—is Jim Parsons. A self-described gadfly, Parsons is a former Green Beret turned good-government crusader who has filed dozens of Freedom of Information requests targeting Arkansas politicos on both sides of the aisle, including the Clintons. Shortly after Huckabee left office, Parsons went to battle with the state over his records.

In January 2007, Parsons requested "a copy of all information" on the Huckabee administration's computers the day he left office. Beebe's office provided Parsons with a January 9 memo addressed to Huckabee from the Arkansas Department of Information Systems, reporting that all of the gubernatorial hard drives had been "crushed under the supervision of a designee of [Huckabee's] office." That is, a Huckabee aide had made sure all this information was destroyed.

The memo included another tantalizing piece of information: The information stored on the drives had been saved on a backup, which was handed over to Huckabee's then-chief of staff, Brenda Turner. The history of the Huckabee administration, then, was locked away, under the watchful eye of a former aide. What did she do with this information? Where is it now? Turner, who now runs the PR shop for a Arkansas-based purveyor of Christian-themed greeting cards, did not respond to repeated requests for comment. (Contacted via his political action committee, Huckabee didn't respond to questions about his records.)

Parsons requested the backups and eventually filed a lawsuit against Huckabee and Beebe, alleging that the new governor had siphoned taxpayer money from an emergency fund to pay to replace the destroyed hard drives. Altogether, the new equipment cost over $335,000. Huckabee countered that the information on the hard drives included private details, such as social security numbers, that shouldn’t be released to the public. In the end, Parsons' suit was dismissed—largely because he didn't name Turner, who apparently possessed the records, as a plaintiff.

http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/04/huckabee-arkansas-destroyed-records

wonder what he's hiding..
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2011, 10:59:26 am »

I'm beginning to think he was sharp enough to keep his personal reality on the down low.  At first I thought, "Crap Huck, don't join the crazy train.  I might not have agreed with all your policy takes, but you're a solid individual who's not dogmatic."  Now?  I'm thinking he just pulled back the blinds a bit and wasn't catering at all.

While dissimilar, I'm reminded how you can think you know someone, only to be jolted later.  I've told Kelly this story but it still bothers me, mainly because I lost a previously good friend over it. Someone I "thought" I knew pretty well.

Short and sweet...I'd had a friend I'd known pre-high school days who I felt was an all round good guy.  Everyone sorta went their own way after graduation, but he stayed in that wheelhouse of remaining in touch throughout the years.  We'd shoot the shit, catch up every 5 to 6 months or so throughout the years.  I've always been political, but he was sorta the "eh" guy, so I'd just keep my liberal lean to myself...plenty of other smack in the world to mull over.

THEN, I remember the day he called me after the 2008 elections.  Everything was pretty much standard in our convo, "how's tricks? doin alright? see that show the other night? blah, blah."...AND THEN..."Sooooo Chuck, who'd you vote for?"  "Obama"  "I can't believe that fuck'in nigger won!"  "Excuse me?"...it got a lot worse after that.  Me saying very little and him loosing his inner Klan with a vengeance and me finally saying..."Guess we don't need to talk anymore man, adios."  That was that.

In ALL THE YEARS I've known him, him being racist wasn't even on the radar.  At first I thought, "maybe he always was, but I just missed the signs, the comments", but I swear in all that time...not a hint, not even a drop that would set off the alarms.

Sometimes you truly just don't know.
Report Spam   Logged
ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2011, 11:11:14 am »

When he's not.

you do know that not only did you not 'win' this argument, but you look foolish continuing on this path of "See, I told you he wasn't his preacher, I win and so I don't have to address the rest" you're continuing down..

um, ok.. he's not his literal preacher.. and?

How about addressing  the substance of the topic instead of just nit-picking it's 'sensational' title..which btw, is the point of a title... Howie's calling the person Huck wants every child indoctrinated by and every American adult forced at gun point to listen to, "Huck's preacher", isn't that much of a stretch..  This compulsion of yours to find any sliver of an error, no matter how innocuous or as in this case, a well played tongue and cheek title, so you can claim victory and then move on while ignoring and thus never addressing  the actual story is getting a wee bit tiresome.

Oy Vey, you're overlooking the 20oz porterhouse,overstuffed baked potato with sour cream and chives, grilled fresh asparagus and house salad with Italian vinaigrette on the side.. and focusing on the crimped leaf on your parsley-garnish..

for Christ sake, address the topic head on for once instead of looking for that error so you can pretend to claim some kind of victory or moral high-ground....

Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
ekg
Administrator
Noob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 11:22:52 am »

I'm beginning to think he was sharp enough to keep his personal reality on the down low.  At first I thought, "Crap Huck, don't join the crazy train.  I might not have agreed with all your policy takes, but you're a solid individual who's not dogmatic."  Now?  I'm thinking he just pulled back the blinds a bit and wasn't catering at all.

While dissimilar, I'm reminded how you can think you know someone, only to be jolted later.  I've told Kelly this story but it still bothers me, mainly because I lost a previously good friend over it. Someone I "thought" I knew pretty well.

Short and sweet...I'd had a friend I'd known pre-high school days who I felt was an all round good guy.  Everyone sorta went their own way after graduation, but he stayed in that wheelhouse of remaining in touch throughout the years.  We'd shoot the shit, catch up every 5 to 6 months or so throughout the years.  I've always been political, but he was sorta the "eh" guy, so I'd just keep my liberal lean to myself...plenty of other smack in the world to mull over.

THEN, I remember the day he called me after the 2008 elections.  Everything was pretty much standard in our convo, "how's tricks? doin alright? see that show the other night? blah, blah."...AND THEN..."Sooooo Chuck, who'd you vote for?"  "Obama"  "I can't believe that fuck'in nigger won!"  "Excuse me?"...it got a lot worse after that.  Me saying very little and him loosing his inner Klan with a vengeance and me finally saying..."Guess we don't need to talk anymore man, adios."  That was that.

In ALL THE YEARS I've known him, him being racist wasn't even on the radar.  At first I thought, "maybe he always was, but I just missed the signs, the comments", but I swear in all that time...not a hint, not even a drop that would set off the alarms.

Sometimes you truly just don't know.

I've said before (and in this thread).. I always liked him.. He was a regular on Bill Maher's show and he was always a god-warrior, but never an extremist.. he was like any other 'normal'(for lack of a better word) Christian when it came to his beliefs..

or so he pretended..

I wanted to believe this was the same as McCain's "I was never a Maverick" pandering.. even tho I don't know if that's really a 'better' excuse..  but this story just kind of dis-spells any hope of simple pandering and makes him just that much more nefarious IMO..

and it's really too bad, because again, I really liked the guy and spoke highly of him..
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 12:24:27 pm »

Oy Vey, you're overlooking the 20oz porterhouse,overstuffed baked potato with sour cream and chives, grilled fresh asparagus and house salad with Italian vinaigrette on the side.. and focusing on the crimped leaf on your parsley-garnish..

FYI: I haven't eaten a thing since yesterday. Drank a whole hell of a lot of juice and some deeeeeeeelicious chicken bullion.
Thanks to a colonscopy tomorrow.

You really didn't have to go there, huh?

Bitch. I'd kill for some crimped leaf on my parsley garnish.  Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: