Welcome to Bizarro Amerika!
April 20, 2024, 02:24:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE ONLY POLITICAL FORUM OUT THERE WHOSE ADMIN AND MODS DON'T LIE.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The LOJCSGPBTGTSA

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The LOJCSGPBTGTSA  (Read 1245 times)
44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« on: March 23, 2011, 02:55:01 pm »

The List Of Job Creating, Small Government Proposals By The GOP To Save America

1. Ban/Restrict abortion
2. Redefine rape
3. End Net Neutrality
4. Ban Gay Marriage
5. Investigate Muslims
6. Voter ID
7. Secession
8. Make Obama show his birth certificate...again...everyday... forever
9. Repeal Union Rights
10.Restrict voting ability of college students
11.De-fund Obama's Teleprompter (seriously)
12.De-fund NPR and PBS.
13.Declare Global warming a fraud.
14.Repeal Healthcare.
15.Read the Constitution aloud...except for that amendment...and that one...that one too
16.Raise taxes on Girl Scouts.
17.Budget cuts to kill 1 million jobs.
18.Get rid of fluorescent light bulbs.
19.Ban Sharia law.
20.force women to see sonograms of their soon-to-be aborted fetuses.
21.Renew Patriot act.
22.Restore F35's second engine.
23.Eliminate Assenge.
24.Criminalize miscarriages
25.Legalize killing Abortion Doctors
26.Defund Planned Parenthood
27.Declare English America's official language
28.Put "In God We Trust" on all Federal Buildings
29.Extend Bush tax cuts for top earners.

*I stole this list from someone else, from another forum .  I am glad all these libertarians in Congress are acting as Libertarians. I thought the Tea Party was supposed to bring change and balance the budget. I guess they got assimilated by the Borg GOP. The only thing they are creating are more government jobs for more government employees to live lavish lifestyles.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 05:18:45 pm »

18.Get rid of fluorescent light bulbs.

Thanks for bringing this up. I meant to a while back. Just reading the justitification for this is hilarious!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/10/gop-republican-light-bulb-mandate_n_834294.html

Sen. Mike Enzi has a dim view of a federal law requiring light bulbs to be more efficient.

The Wyoming Republican is pushing a bill to repeal the 2007 law and give consumers the choice to buy any light bulbs they want.

"Government doesn't need to be in the business of telling people what light bulb they have to use," Enzi said. "If left alone, the best bulb will win its rightful standing in the marketplace."

Twenty-seven senators – all Republicans – support the bill, but many Democrats and consumer groups say the plan is not so bright. They call it a step backward and compare it to trading in a fuel-efficient hybrid car for a gas-guzzling SUV.

Enzi's bill, and related measures in the House, "would push aside innovation, derail plans for new job-creating lighting factories and eliminate an estimated $10 billion in annual energy costs savings – taking as much as $200 per year out of the checkbooks of every U.S. household," said Bob Keefe, a spokesman for the Natural Resources Defense Council, an environmental group that backs the 2007 law.

Despite some GOP claims to the contrary, the 2007 law does not ban traditional incandescent light bulbs. Instead it requires new bulbs to use 25 to 30 percent less energy beginning in 2012. The rules call for further improvements in efficiency by 2014. The new standards have already taken effect in California.

Compact fluorescent light bulbs that are now widely available cut energy costs by as much as 75 percent and have proved popular with the public, Keefe said. A February poll by USA Today found that nearly three out of four Americans have purchased energy-efficient light bulbs and 84 percent said they were "satisfied" or "very satisfied" with them.

Sen. Jeff Bingaman, a New Mexico Democrat who chairs the Senate Energy Committee, said the new bulbs last longer, use less energy and save money.

Howard Brandston, a lighting consultant from upstate New York, said government should not tell consumers how to light their homes.

Meanwhile, back at the looney farm - they're UNCONSTITUTIONAL!:

Light bulb hysteria is running wild over at Fox News, as Bret Baier used his Special Report program to highlight the dangers of dropping an energy efficient light bulb. The Fox News show ran a poll asking their viewers if they will hoard traditional light bulbs and even read the EPA warning about the dangers of a broken CFL on the air. The network said the light bulbs were a violation of the Constitution, just like low flow toilets.
Here’s the video from Media Matters:

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/201103220043
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 05:21:23 pm by Howey » Report Spam   Logged

uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 06:04:44 pm »

I know Government can be inept.  I know Government can over reach.  I know Government can be a lot of things that does not properly facilitate and help promote the well being of those it represents...

...but I swear to all that is holy, I never thought I'd see such insanity, incompetence and blatant pandering to business over the masses.  It literally boggles the mind.

The Dems are to timid, the Pubs are going for broke and in the middle are the majority, friggin dumbfounded by the party war that is killing us.

Just fuck'in crazy.
Report Spam   Logged
44nutman
Founding Member
Noob

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 06:15:01 pm »

The defunding of the teleprompter is real(#11). Pretty sad.

http://gawker.com/#!5763476/republican-tries-to-defund-obamas-teleprompter

Report Spam   Logged
Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:15:13 pm »

...but I swear to all that is holy, I never thought I'd see such insanity, incompetence and blatant pandering to business over the masses.  It literally boggles the mind.

http://www.mpbn.net/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ViewItem/mid/3478/ItemId/15719/Default.aspx

A decision by Gov. Paul LePage to remove a mural at the Department of Labor and to rename several conference rooms that honor national and local labor leaders has outraged everyone from union activists and the Maine Democratic Party to the director of the Francis Perkins Center in Newcastle. A spokesman for the governor says the decision is intended to make everyone feel welcome when they walk through the door. But the artist who planned the mural says it only depicts historical facts.

You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Defending his decision to take down a mural at the Department of Labor building and change the name of conference rooms considered too pro-labor, a spokeswoman for Gov. Paul LePage released a faxed complaint comparing the art to North Korean propaganda.

"In this mural I observed a figure which closely resembles the former commissioner of labor," an anonymous fax given to the Portland Press Herald reads. "In studying the mural I also observed that this mural is nothing but propaganda to further the agenda of the Union movement. I felt for a moment that I was in communist North Korea where they use these murals to brainwash the masses."
Report Spam   Logged

Howey
Administrator
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 06:18:39 pm »

an anonymous fax given to the Portland Press Herald

Note to self: File in the "Haley Barbour Food Stamp Bimmer File"
Report Spam   Logged

ekg
Administrator
Noob

http://www.thevsj.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 08:48:14 pm »

Garth Brooks is wise..

"The whole political system kind of has me concerned right now to tell you the truth --200 years old and we might think of about, you know, kind of kicking it in the ass a little bit. It just seems like we vote for things because they're  Republican or Democratic,"

"I think we should vote for them because they're right or wrong and we kind of have seemed to have fallen into that trap so that would be the one warning I would give all us," he said.  "Put down where you're from and what flag you fly under and let's get to putting the best person, man or women in the office and let's start making some strides."

"For me, it's if my guy didn't get in then I drag my feet for four years and we don't get anywhere and if my guy gets in, you drag your feet for four years and we don't get anywhere," he said. "We've got to stop doing that. Once we get there let's try to be four years down the road further than we were and let's see what happens. Let's all work together and that's kind of what this is all about tonight."
Report Spam   Logged

Facts are the center. We don’t pretend that certain facts are in dispute to give the appearance of fairness to people who don’t believe them.  Balance is irrelevant to me.  It doesn’t have anything to do with truth, logic or reality. ~Charlie Skinner (the Newsroom)
lil mike
Noob

View Profile
Topic Starter Combination Level 3
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 11:08:35 pm »

I know Government can be inept.  I know Government can over reach.  I know Government can be a lot of things that does not properly facilitate and help promote the well being of those it represents...

The Dems are to timid, the Pubs are going for broke and in the middle are the majority, friggin dumbfounded by the party war that is killing us.

Just fuck'in crazy.

And yet, you support a bigger and more powerful government.

Be careful of what you wish for.
Report Spam   Logged
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 11:59:19 am »

And yet, you support a bigger and more powerful government.

Be careful of what you wish for.

No I don't.  I don't support oligarchy nor a Government that gives it the ability to exist.  Nor do I support a Government that condones, by inaction, a survival of the fittest mentality.  There can be a happy middle ground.
Report Spam   Logged
lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 10:21:08 pm »

No I don't.  I don't support oligarchy nor a Government that gives it the ability to exist.  Nor do I support a Government that condones, by inaction, a survival of the fittest mentality.  There can be a happy middle ground.

That's a big enough gap to drive a bigger and more powerful government through.   

Let me put it this way.  Do you think there are things that the government should be doing now that it isn't currently doing?
Report Spam   Logged
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2011, 10:42:56 pm »

That's a big enough gap to drive a bigger and more powerful government through.   

Let me put it this way.  Do you think there are things that the government should be doing now that it isn't currently doing?

Any interaction, from the Government that I would like to see?  I'd like to see them use common sense with regards to detrimental market forces that destabilize or harm the economy and afford no penalties for the abuse there of.

Report Spam   Logged
lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 10:00:43 pm »

Any interaction, from the Government that I would like to see?  I'd like to see them use common sense with regards to detrimental market forces that destabilize or harm the economy and afford no penalties for the abuse there of.

To dumb it down... you want a government that does a lot more and has a lot more power.

Thats not a free lunch.
Report Spam   Logged
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 12:57:09 am »

To dumb it down... you want a government that does a lot more and has a lot more power.

Thats not a free lunch.

If you see common sense as control...then perhaps.
Report Spam   Logged
lil mike
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 03:44:58 pm »

If you see common sense as control...then perhaps.

As has often been observed, common sense is not common.
Report Spam   Logged
uselesslegs
Noob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 05:17:05 pm »

As has often been observed, common sense is not common.

Indeed.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: